Which league will you follow this season?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by FoxBoro 143, Aug 5, 2004.

1. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The great thing about soccer is there are so many different leagues and competitions that you can put your attention to. Of all the leagues and competitions, which holds the most interest to you for THIS upcoming season?

Premiership (England)
    Serie A (Italy)
    Primera (Spain)
    Bundesliga (Germany)
    SPL (Scotland)
    Eridivisie (Holland)
    Champions League
    Uefa Cup
    Whatever American is playing.

2. Inbred Avenger

Inbred Avenger New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    In a trashcan in MA
    I'm following the MLS, because it's all I've got. The WUSA has folded, and there are no other soccer leagues in the US.

3. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    MLS definitely.

4. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Well, since I work for a team in USL, it has to be that....followed closely by MLS.

5. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing, Amazing,Amazing J! (J-league)

6. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I follow MLS and EPL the most closely.

But I'll watch anyone play. In that sense, I guess I follow them all. Between FSW and Gol TV, someone's always playing somewhere in the world.

7. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    preimership & champions league & eircom league.(irish).

not really in any particular order though ;)

8. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I voted "Other"

Argentina & Mexico most adamantly.

The Olympics with both those countries participating.

Copa Sudamericana.

9. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Major League Soccer.

10. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh dear, I intended to vote for the League Championship but accidently voted for the Champions League.

11. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE MLS, I mean MLS... damnit... damnit to hell... I HATE THOSE ENGLISH BASTARDS CALLING MLS "THE MLS"!!! AARRR!!!

12. united_fan_72

united_fan_72 New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    MLS definately, followed closely by the central american leagues, as well as, the jamaican and trini leagues.

13. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    To me this is simple....the EPL is the best and most enjoyable league to watch. I think La Liga is good as well, but I am more interested in the EPL. I really enjoy the Champions League and the UEFA Cup, but being at work Monday-Friday has really hampered my abilities to watch any of those games. Well, I guess it does not matter, ESPN never shows the Champions League games anyways. EPL for me!

14. united_fan_72

united_fan_72 New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I have a really hard time geting behind the leagues in Europe, sure they are great leagues with the best players in the World, its just so hard to cheer for a team (for me anyway).
    So give me local leagues every time

15. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm an MLS fan, first & foremost, but I'm REALLY psyched for the 2004-05 EPL season.

First, because of my participation, for the FIRST time, in an EPL Fantasy League (actually, 3 of them).

Second, I'm following the progress of our USMNT boys in England, more than any other league in Europe (probably because more play in England than any other league).

I must admit that I DON'T have a favorite club in England, which makes it a bit difficult to keep "interested" for the ENTIRE season, but I'll rely on the progress of the USMNT players & the INCREDIBLE atmosphere of the stadiums in England, to keep "interested."

16. mathes1982

mathes1982 New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Capistrano Beach
    I am mostly interested in the MLS and EPL, the EPL is the most exciting league out there with the best players. I also get the best coverage of that league over any other league. And of course the MLS and the Galaxy will go on to win their second MLS cup this year. Uefa cup as well to hope Newcastle can end their 35 year trophy drought.

17. ROMANISTA

ROMANISTA New Member

Aug 8, 2004
    MONTREAL, CANADA
    Well Serie A Is My Choice

The Only Place To See Real Pure Calcio

Best League By Far

Epl Mls Is Just A Load Of ******** Especially Mls
    Americans Try To Compete With Europe Is A Joke

Roma Per Sempre
    Forza Roma!!!!!!!

18. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO ONE disputes the status & tradition of Serie A but is it really necessary to take "shots" at the EPL & MLS!!

The EPL's status & tradition speak for itself & MLS is a MAJOR reason that the USMNT did so well at Korea/Japan. Also more & more Americans are playing in Europe, especially England. And Americans who started in MLS!!

That is NOT a joke, my friend, it's FACT!!

19. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I voted "other", only because "none" isn't an option though :/

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    no, no , no, seriously, please......

21. Calcio fan

Calcio fan New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Ottawa
    Definately serie A, I watch it every week and IMO it's the best in the world. I also love the champions league because we get to see teams from different domestic leagues compete to see who is the best on the continent. I also enjoy La Liga and I also follow EPL since it gets the best coverage here and my friends follow it, although I don't really support a team in that league since Zola left Chelsea and they turned into another Real Madrid, however this year I've been drawn to liverpool.

Anyway, I'm really looking foreward to the upcoming serie A season since it feels like forever since it finished last season. Hopefully, Inter will finally get the scudetto this year.

Forza Nerazzurri

22. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for other: A-league.

23. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    eredivisie
    champions league
    EPL
    la liga
    bundesliga

in that order

24. jayhawkox

jayhawkox New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, I too voted other because the league I will be following closest is futebol Brasileiro! I'm a big Vasco da Gama fan and can't wait to see how they do. However I also do enjoy watching the premiership, the eredivisie, and la liga. The Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are fun to watch too, but the MLS is just so mundane. It's like watching the NBDL when you could be watching a real NBA game.

25. Arsenal_fanUK

Arsenal_fanUK New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Russia
    Premier League. for me i feel its the best league in the world. best teams players and coaches.

Champions league is fun to watch, see the best sides in europe play each other.

i watch a little bit of la liga, and a peice from each league realy.

the mls isnt shown on telly over in the uk i dont think, oh yeah it is on channel 5, but apart from just checking the web site out here and there i dont realy get into it.
    its a young league and like young leagues, a little weak. but never the less i'll watch it if its on.