Which Is The Real Group Of Death?: Copa America

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by lfsr1544, Mar 17, 2007.

1. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Y dale con la misma notaz,,otro que esta enfermo con la mediocridad.
    Yes,I am very proud of what the boys have done in the last past years,,and you said it we have a "good" squad that is not enough to make us third in S.America.The NT could even be better than this if Saurez,takes his head out his azz and really call up the ballers that are willing to leave it all in the pitch,and not call up the paquetes who are only in the NT because of the padrinos dirigentes who pressure the federacion for a spot in the NT.After all ain't our beautiful country one of the,if not the most currupt country in S.America???You now que con el billetez baile el monoz,and in Ecuador you can even buy your way into being a pro baller.I'm pretty sure you've heard of el regionalismo del Ecuador,,well this sh!t even goes down in our selecciones nationales,desde la sub-15 hasta la seleccion mayor.And proof of this is the last tournament played in Ecuador,,los coaches Homero Valencia and Ivan Romero are being accused of taking bribes so that los hijos de ciertas famalias de buena clase social sean convocados and put them in as starter,,,while the pelados with real talent got the boot.And this same sh!t happens en la seleccion mayor.Remember el caso Victor Luna before the Wc started,,,I'm not even going into that could you should know that by now.This is why I get so tight man,cause I know for a fact that if the players who deserve to be en la NT are call up,,Ecuador would have a great squad,,and a way better performance than these last couple of years.I respect your opinion regarding Ecuador being 3 in S.America,,but at this time I personally believe que a Ecuador le falta mucho para assumer ese role.I'm not try to intellectualizing or soften any potential blow if out NT messes up,I just call it how I see it.If been in this game and know people who have been in this game for so long that I already know whats up.Son,believe me that I love my NT,La TRI me a dado muchas felicidades,pero creo que son mas las amarguras que happy timez.
    Locoz,,,listen up I love my ecua doggs,,cholos,serranos,longos,vivos,giles,whatever,,,put I have my reason why I say them things about being clase aparte.Yo conosco mi gente and I when there's a beef between us,we want to kill each other,,but when it comes down to represent against others(non ecuas)se ahuevan,,not me bro I'm down for whatever with whoever.
    And don't worry about the "others" I already have put them in thier place,,but see you didn't know that cause your new to these boards,they know what time it is.

2. loquito1355

loquito1355 Red Card

Oct 7, 2006

peru has 2 copa americas
    chile 0
    u went to look it up after he said
    peru disfruta de dos copa americas que lindo es ser CaMPEON DE AMERICA
    not once but twice what u going to say now ;)

3. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Tranquilo, loco. Que te van a pintar de rojo en cualquier momento.

No nos des una mala imagen. Ya tenemos a Laura Bozzo para eso. :rolleyes:

4. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    tranquila, george.

i'm sure you have some mental patients in your forums as well.

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    loquito, is not the only person that needs to chill around here.

Come on the Copa isn't for another 2 months do you guys really want to be banned before it even starts?

Now every one play nice.

6. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Feo..

(ojala que no me borren este tampoco)

7. loquito1355

loquito1355 Red Card

Oct 7, 2006
    sidspcamsca
    damn man what is ur problem
    can no one give their opinion do
    u think u all that just because ur mod
    is not that serious u know calm down
    u giving me ifractions for dum little things geez relax
    so if i put a trophy is it bad :rolleyes: peru earn it

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My problem is that you are trolling and ruining this thread and I am not going to let you do it.

Now like I told you cut it out or you are going to be banned.

9. loquito1355

loquito1355 Red Card

Oct 7, 2006
    [​IMG]
    this is a wonder full cup
    nothing wrong ok man :)

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes it is but it has nothing to do with this thread does it?

11. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I say you ban him, enough warnings.

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that was his last one next time he is gone.

15. loquito1355

loquito1355 Red Card

Oct 7, 2006
    i my opinion the real death group has to be group
    1 peru uruguay vene,bol are all at the same level which makes this
    group exciting since peru,bol,uru have copa americas already
    and vene dont it is going to be exciting :D

16. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    I think both Group B and C are tough. But group B has teams that have recently shown more in the international stage. Brazil, Mexico, and Ecuador made it past the first stage in the World Cup while only Argentina performed well in Germany this past summer.

As for group A; Uruguay should top the group and Venezuela has a strong team and could be a surprise. Maybe this group will have the 3rd placed team advance because it's much more difficult for the 3rd placed teams in the other groups to get a good goal difference.

17. Manco7Capac

Manco7Capac New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Grupo A es el grupo de la muerte.

18. protocol13

protocol13 New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Based on the last 10 Copa America results for each national team,

Group C is the group of death. All of the 4 teams have a 50% or higher percentage of qualifying for the second round. Both Argentina and Colombia have a 90% advance percentage, followed by Paraguay with 60% and US with 50% (only two participations).

In group B, Mexico is 100% in six Copa Americas, followed by Brasil with 90%, and then Chile and Ecuador with 40%.

A combined record of all Copas Americas since 1993 (first time Mexico participated in a Copa America), will yield the following results.

1. Brazil 32 games 72 points 2.25 average points per game.
    2. Colombia 32 games 58 points 1.81 average points per game.
    3. Argentina 24 games 41 points 1.71 average points per game.
    4. Mexico 32 games 48 points 1.50 average points per game.
    5. Uruguay 31 games 46 points 1.48 average points per game.
    6. Paraguay 23 games 32 points 1.39 average points per game.
    7. Peru 25 games 31 points 1.24 average points per game.
    8. Ecuador 22 games 26 points 1.18 average points per game.
    9. Bolivia 22 games 25 points 1.14 average points per game.
    10.C.Rica 11 games 11 points 1.00 average points per game.
    11.USA 9 games 8 points 0.89 average points per game.
    12. Chile 22 games 18 points 0.82 average points per game.
    13 Venez 18 games 3 points 0.17 average points per group.

By groups:
    Group C has the #2, #3, #6 and #11 teams = average position 5.5
    Group B has the #1, #4, #8 and #12 teams. =average position 6.25
    group A has #5, #7, #9 and #13 teams = average position 8.5.

19. loquito1355

loquito1355 Red Card

Oct 7, 2006
    DAMN RIGHT :)

20. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's hard to say at this point who is going to be the group of death. At this point, we can pretty much conclude that the two groups with most competitive teams are B and C. Determining which is the toughest is almost a toss-up. These kind of competitions are hard to predict, except for Brazil and Argentina, because we can't really gauge what level of play each team is going to exhibit in a real tournament.

At this time, the only thing we can do is speculate and guess on potential. In my opinion(disclaimer), I think that based on each squad's potential list of call-ups from past teams and up and coming players, Group C is by far the one that has the greatest potential to be the group of death. Argentina is the usual suspect, and then we have the always dangerous U.S which underachieved at the last world-cup and feels it has something to prove. Plus, the US has great talents that competed well in the most recent youth world cups. Then you have Colombia and Paraguay. Colombia has a strong veteran base made up of players playing in Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Chile. Some of which have won in the Under-20 and Under-17 championships and have placed well in the respective world cups. I think that the X-factor is Paraguay, if they can put themselves together under the tutelage of their new coach, they can certainly surprise many because of how well Martino did in Libertad. Libertad came out of nowhere and it is now a contender in Copa Libertadores compared to the more traditional teams like Cerro and Olimpia.

Group B has one clearcut favorite, which is Brazil. Then you have Mexico who has been shaky and mostly inconsistent. We'll have to wait and see on Mexico because they can certainly do very well if they jell. Ecuador has been rather dissapointing as of late the National and club level. In addition, Ecuador does not look a crop a promising players ready to shine as shown in recent U-20 and U-17 tournaments. Lastly, Chile is still developing and it's pretty much at the same spot it left off on in the last WC qualifiers.

WIth all of this said, it's hard to predict but I'm guessing C will have the best showing in Venezuela come June. Feedback more than welcomed.

21. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group C is the Group of Death in Copa America!!

Argentina, Colombia & Paraguay are tough opposition and, hopefully, the USA will have a good showing!! Think it depends on how strong a team we send & I know the main priority is the Gold Cup!!

My main problem is that my two countries, USA & Colombia, are in the same group and, because of Argentina, one of them could be left out!! Best case scenario is that Argentina finishes below USA and Colombia, LOL!!

22. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anything is possible in group C. I just think that each team matches up differently against each other and this may cause the final distribution of points to be very much even at the end. It wouldn't surprise me if the final points end up something like 5,4,3,2 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place respectively.

23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  24. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru