Which Highlight show to Tivo for the Colaship?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Casper, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    In previous years, I've just ignored the fact that I never saw Colaship highlights. With 7 or 8 guys now getting regular playing time, I'm changing my ways. Is there a FSC show I should tivo? FSW report? Sky Sports? Anything else? Anywhere else am I likely to see results? Thanks.

2. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not seen Colaship highlights much on FSW Report. I would Tivo Sky Sports - they generally show some Colaship highlights. But you might have to play around with what time or which airing to Tivo. They may not show Coloship highlights until later in the day when they've already run all the other stuff.

Or, since it's Tivo, just Tivo them all and you'll figure it out.

3. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's a great pay highlights package, wraps up the ccc in three sections each week, each about 12 minutes long. You get it with world service. I get mine through reading world, but it's the same package whoever you use.
    Maybe not what you were looking for, but negates the need for tivo, as it's always available on line.

4. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year, the SkySports "Through the Night" edition on FSC (I think it was 6pm EDT) had Championship highlights. This year though, I noticed they are treating them like the Premiership highlights...only manager interviews and a few non-action shots. My guess is there was a change to the rights package similar to EPL that prevents Sky from showing highlights same day.

I downloaded a very nice 35 minute highlight package from MaXXed's Football Forums.

I do believe SkySports "Through the nIght" still shows League One and Two highlights on Saturday though.

5. Enge

Enge Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Frankenmuth MI
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It used to be that the second half hour of Sky's report on Saturday would show every lower division goal. It sounds like they may not be doing that anymore. This Saturday I watched, because I wanted to see the Convey highlights, but either I napped through them or they did not show them.

6. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday's SSN used to always have highlights since it was game day. I would assume they'd continue it, but I didn't pay attention last weekend.

7. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found them all terrible so just grabbed Setanta sports and now I watch as many colaship games as I can :)

8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Thanks everyone. Great answers. Sounds like Reading World is the choice for me - Setanta's not an option where I live.

9. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Here are the Convey highlights.

Reading

Go to Maxxed for EPL,MOTD, Bundesliga, and ColaShip(Amoung others) as Torrents.

10. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely Sky Sports over FSW Report for Colaship stuff. Don't expect too much, but you'll get some.

11. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can also join one of the many "World" sites and get an "Extra" membership, allowing you to view any of the World sites for any team that has one, which is most teams by now. Perhaps the "tad bit expensive" option but IMO well worth it as you could literally spend days wandering around all the World sites and not see a fraction of whats there.

12. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    The program you want is called the Football League Review.

13. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I like ITV's "The Championship" myself... A little 'theme-y', but good highlights...

14. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    How do you get that in the States?? :confused:

15. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    via torrent... ;)