Which country will win Euro 2016?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by euro2016, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In 2004 Germany tied 0-0 against Latvia in the group stages. Just because they're not a big name doesn't mean that they can't play. Did you forget about Costa Rica already?

2. Nicola777

Nicola777 Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I'm going with Germany. With the likes of reus, gundogan, bender, shmelzer that will add even more quality to this world champion.

3. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Greece!

ihatewaiting4years repped this.
  4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Germany

or Greece

5. theblake30

theblake30 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I think Germany would be the obvious favorites heading in, but also think Belgium could make things interesting.

6. corizu

corizu New Member

Jul 24, 2014
    England!

7. ioppolo

ioppolo Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Belgium aren't going very far like you all say.

8. San Diego Socker

Aug 3, 2014
    San Diego
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odds on favorite: Liechenstien, but let's not count out Luxembourg. But all seriousness aside, I'm curious for all the changes that are coming to Spain's national team with this past world cup and the ages of a lot of their core players.

9. F.L.I.P.

F.L.I.P. Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Germany or Spain

10. Luka Jukic

Luka Jukic New Member

Sep 1, 2014
    In 2 years who knows, Spain could even win it!

11. AndreasC

AndreasC Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Good point ;)

Belgium and Serbia have very good young squads. In two years I think these two teams will concur with the top favourites.

12. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  13. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Germany - Netherlands final.

Oranje on top!

14. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Possible,why not.

15. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope so, but was more convinced pre-Hiddink. Time will tell.

Germany - Belgium - France - Netherlands (in no particular order)

16. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Spain may raise again.

17. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In the next episode of Walking Dead filmed in Slovakia.

18. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    LOL you are right..

19. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although events usually return to the proper order of things, these qualifiers are getting interesting. Of all things, San Marino is NOT on the bottom. See Thee Rise!

20. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that France in 2016 won't waste the chance to win a Euro played at home. They have very good young players, and in these two years they will grow further.
    Germany would be my second choice; maybe now they are not as focused as they should be, because they just won a World Cup, but in 2016 they will be mentally ready again.
    Spain doesn't seem to be able to substitute the generation of phenomena they had in the last years.

21. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Agree about France. Tough to beat them in this one.

Thoughts on Italy?

22. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that Italy can be an outsider for Euro 2016, but it is still difficult to decipher.
    They changed the manager after the World Cup (Antonio Conte), and some of the players are new to the international scene, lacking experience in important matches. However some of them, like Ciro Immobile who plays in Borussia Dortmund, will accumulate it in the next two years.
    Balotelli has not been called up yet, but I think that starting from November or March he will play in the national team again.
    Until now in the qualifying round, as usual, Italy had difficulties beating "easy" opponents like Azerbaijan and Malta. In November there will be the match against Croatia, and we will see the true potential of Conte's team.

23. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Italy are strong too,yes.Plenty of time more till the forum.

24. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Germany. They've got the balance of youth and experience, as well as a style of play that works.

25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FINAL: France vs Italy (Italy win on penalties).

I really think thats whats going to happen. France are getting better and plus they have home advantage.

Italy as well will be strong, the could have got to the semifinal in the world cup, but Coach Prandelli ruined it a lot, and mexican referee Marco Rodriguez robbed us against Uruguay with two very controversial calls. Now we have Coach Conte (a serious coach) who actually wants Italy to win. They have strong players, and almost beat croatia if Buffon was just a little faster, he could have saved that goal. And keep in ming, Italy were missing at least 3 of their best players in that game. Its true they win weak teams by 1 goal, but thats Italy though, they aren't Spain or Germany who keep smashing teams, they usually like to win by 1-3 goals, thats just Italian style. If you watched them against Norway and Azerbaijan, they were playing really well. Also they had a bad day before the game against Costa Rica, I could tell.

Germany will do well but will meet Italy in the semifinals and get beaten. You know Italy ALWAYS beats Germany right?

Belgium? C'mon, Belgium is the most overrated european team. People say they did surprisingly well in the world cup, beating 3 somewhat weak teams by 1 goal? Is that really that good? They had the easiest group in the whole tournament. They beat the USA by 1 goal, USA isn't that good either. And you can see Argentina scored on them with no problem around the 22nd minute.

Netherlands I have a feeling will fluke in the group stages or Round of 16. They will probably do ok though, but Germany, Italy, or France will get them in the quarterfinals. I think people were really overestimating the Netherlands in the world cup because of 5-1 against Spain. It was just Spain playing so bad, if you remember they struggled against Australia. They cheated against Mexico with Robben diving (even if it was a real penalty) its still just luck and doesn't really count if you talk about which team is better. Costa Rica held them to penalties as well. They did have a good game against Brazil, but again Brazil was horrible as you can tell they just lost to Germany 7-1 before that. And one of those goals was a penalty.

Spain is also good, but will be out in the quarterfinals.

Croatia, Iceland, Czech Republic, Poland, and maybe Slovakia will surprise and be dark horses.

Anyway no question the three teams to beat will be: France, Italy, and Germany.