Which Conmebol teams will be present in 2014

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Ezto, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think that Peru still has a chance, at least almost as equal to the one that Venezuela has. They are only 2 points behind from Venezuela, with one more game than them, and one of them is precisely against Venezuela, next Tuesday.

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I dont know if we have a chance or not...all I want is for the team to keep fighting, dont want a repeat of the 2010 debacle

3. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #703 Rickdog, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    There is a chance, although right now as how things are, it is a very, very improbable issue that it actually happens (just think that even Paraguay still holds a chance, and they are 3 pts. behind Peru).
    In order to make it, Peru must win everything from here to the end, and not only by small scores, as if Peru tries to achieve it, it is very probable that whom makes it to where Peru or Venezuela for the case, must go, will have to go on a Goal Diferentiate, to separate the one who qualifies directly to the WC as 4th, and who goes to the playoff as 5th, and of course whom despite having the same points as the rest, has a low Goal Diferentiate, which means that will have to watch the WC at home. Besides all what you attempt to do, you still depend on others to achieve the required results.
    Fact is, that Peru at this moment (same as Venezuela and Paraguay), doesn`t have no more, the chance to make it only on its own. An issue that can still change though, depending on what Uruguay together with Ecuador achieve next game (they both must lose).

Unfortunately, for Venezuela it is almost the same thing, as they only have 2 games left, which means that Peru, with its 3 games can potentially end one more point higher (at most 23 pts for Peru, and 22 pts for Venezuela, just think that Paraguay can only get 20 pts. and their run is only for the 5th spot), and the worst issue for both teams, is that you must face each other now (one of the both teams, will say goodbye when it ends), for Paraguay is even harder, as they must face the leaders Argentina, whom as they still haven't made it to the WC, they need that point and undoubtly they are going to try to obtain it against Paraguay, and if they achieve it, its a definitive good bye for Paraguay, as they will not even make it to 5th.

In regards to this 2014 WC, definitively, I wouldn`t like to be in your shoes at this moment. But If I were you guys, I wouldn't spare everything left so lightly, as there is still hope, and hope does miracles, no doubt about it.
    So cheer up, my friend, as this stuff isn`t over yet ..........
    :thumbsup:

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I expect Colombia to do better this time around. There are no drug lord ********ing with their heads, they can just focus on football and do their thing, plus Pekerman is a veteran of the World Cup as well. I will be disappointed if not all S.American teams make it past the group stages.

elviejomen repped this.
  5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I fully expect all Conmebol to make it out group stage and for Colombia and Chile to potentially even make it to top 8

Colombia is a dark horse for the semi...after that who knows...I mean if Bulgaria, South Korea, Croatia and Turkey can make semis then this Colombia is more than capable

elviejomen repped this.
  6. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    What these non-Brazil and Argentina South American teams need is a somewhat doable path to the semis. But they almost never get it. They always have to face one of the teams that's eventually a finalist, or some other powerhouse.

When Uruguay got their chance in 2010, they took it. If Colombia or Chile get it in 2014, they can do the same.

7. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We wont, we always get Brazil or the WC champ hahaha ...cries

posteador, condor11 and MetroChile repped this.
  8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think with last WC experience + their strong squad Chile can beat any Euro powerhouse, this time you guys are more than ready

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #709 Rickdog, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    The only problem is that most of the times, we still don`t know how to deal with that player dressed in black, who likes to play with a whistle that FIFA usually puts there to also give some help to that powerhouse. Last time round, against Spain, he was their best player carding half of our team, which highly conditioned our next game against the next poerhouse we had to play, sent off another one on a dubious play, which in itself was determinating for the result of that game, when curiously he didn't show at least one card to the spaniards, whom all through the WC, played lots of dives, one of them punched another player (not against us though), when Paraguay and at the end of the tournament not only the won it, but they gave them the FIFA "fairplay" award.:sick::cautious:

Last time before it, in 1998, another of those players with the whistle, invented on us a late minute penalty kick to avoid us from getting a perfectly fair obtained victory over "powerhouse" Italy with which would probably have meant them the elimination at group phase from that WC, which for us would also have meant us to avoid confronting powerhouse Brazil, in the next phase.:whistling::cautious::thumbsdown:

In both WC's, Brazil afterwards took care of us, without any more additional help though.

In this cases, the same as the one Peru had to deal with last Friday, when Uruguay played with a player whom dressed the same way, as the ones who sacked us, both of our last WC's, that also liked to blow his whistle and hardly called out anything against "its" own team, he didn`t even see how "his team mate", openly, literally "breaks" the head of a peruvian player who ends bleeding from it for the rest of the game, not even warning him to prevent future similar actions, and whom also decides to show another peruvian player a red card, whom innocently tried to help a fallen uruguayan player whom had previously "dived", and as with the other of "his" team mates, didn't say or do nothing against "his team mate" either :mad:

In this cases, experience doesn`t help much.
    :(

10. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Muy fuerte. Solo con Uruguay se ve a un árbitro permitir que el rival de turno lesione y saque del partido a un jugador en la primera pelota que toca, suspender a un titular indiscutible sin que este haga nada, comerse dos penales a favor sobre el mismo jugador, y que después se diga que el arbitraje lo favoreció.

La culpa del choque entre Gargano y Guerrero es del peruano. Guerrero sale de atrás y se inserta sólito. Que se supone que le tenia que decir el arbitro a Gargano? Con ese criterio porque no le dijo nada a Advíncula cuando lesiono a Forlán?

Tu versión sobre la expulsión de Yotún no tiene desperdicio. Suárez es flor de actor, pero vos también tenes dotes para la ficción. Falta fue, lo tocan de atrás, y la vendió como Suárez bien sabe. Ahora, con un rival en el piso, por más que un jugador lo quiera levantar o mismo hacerle un fideo en plena cancha, no debe. Igual la expulsión no fue por el "innocente" zarandeo "para ayudarlo" en el piso, si no por tirarle la pelota en la cara. Después de la correcta expulsión del peruano amonesta a Godín sin sentido, ya que fue de los que impidió que se armara una batalla campal.

11. locotl

locotl Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    florida
    Aja.......y cual es la excusa del codaso en la nuca a Farfan por parte de Lugano que fue antes a todos estos "fouls" y solo le saco amarilla (y por supuesto todo la defensa Uruguaya se le fue encima al arbitro)

12. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    #712 Gonchi, Sep 10, 2013
    No hay excusa, era para amarilla y se la mostró. Ustedes tampoco se quedaron atrás con las patadas y los codazos (como el que le clavaron a Cáceres en el cuello). Esos errores se ve que no cuentan, como el gol que casi marca Pizarro en posición adelantada, esos errores se ve que están bien que el arbitro los cometa.

Y de hecho, paso después de que lesionaran a Forlán.

13. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    even though we all know that the other team besides Brazil and Argentina that knows how to play this kind of tournaments is Uruguay but you still haven't give any proof that my argument is bad, if anything you made it strong. because 98 and 2010 have something in common, for both squads that was their first world cup. Yeah in that moment you guys played Brazil and if you meet Brazil again in round of 16 you are screwed because Brazil is secured at least QF. But my whole point is that you guys are more prepared this time to play the WC and as you know in football we cant predict anything the only thing we can do is compare squads to themselves (experience players etc etc).
    I dont know how far you guys are going to go, but one thing im pretty sure and is that you guys are more experienced this time and that's key.

Back in 94 Colombia had much hype and the main reason was el 5-0 but also because we had the experience from the previous WC reaching round of 16.
    Look at Ecuador 02 then 06 and you see an improvement also

Rickdog repped this.
  14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #714 Rickdog, Sep 10, 2013
    por supuesto que esos errores está bien que los cometa, total, es tu equipo el favorecido con ellos.
    :rolleyes:

Por lo demás, a Suarez no le hicieron nada, este se tiró un piscinazo y posteriormente exageró en el suelo como suele hacerlo siempre. Que la roja para Yotun pudo ser merecida, está bien (nada te da derecho a mover a un jugador que está en el suelo). Pero mínimo debió ponerle amarilla a Suárez, por teatrero.

15. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    #715 Gonchi, Sep 10, 2013
    No cobrar las faltas y offsides a Peru favorece a Uruguay...? Notable razonamiento. o_O

Minga. Donde se vio que a un jugador le saquen amarilla por recibir una falta. Exagerar cuando se recibe una falta lo hace cualquiera y nunca se peno. Teófilo Gutiérrez en el partido entre Colombia y Ecuador también exagero, o me vas a decir que no podía haber seguido la jugada pese al roce de Achilier? Teo hizo la lógica. Anda porfiarle a los colombianos que no se tendría que haber dejado caer, a ver que te dicen.

16. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Exagerar una falta es una cosa, pero lo que él hizo fue "inventarse" una, donde no la había. Más encima se agarra el poto, casi como que si lo hubieran violado.
    Esto se llama "hacer teatro". Y esto la FIFA si lo tiene considerado como falta merecedora de tarjeta.

17. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Suárez pone el cuerpo para proteger la pelota y lo carga de atrás Ballon. Es falta acá, allá, en Europa, en China y en Marte.

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the 5 teams that are currently top 5 in qualifying plus home team.

19. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #719 Yañez, Sep 10, 2013
    I don´t know, I respect Rickdogs opinion but I just don´t buy into that "black dressed player" helps the powerhouses over Chile.

Anyway, the difference between this Chile and 2010s Chile is that now we have good bench.

BTW, Jordan will face the 5th place Conmebol team...so we got 5 in the WC pretty much.

20. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Algunos Peruanos lo ven objetivamente por lo menos

guri repped this.
  21. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that's another question that i had because i dont follow the Chilean NT so closely, is this squad better than 2010? and what you guys think about Sampaoli compared with Bielsa. The only "weak" part could be Sampaoli lack of coaching experience in the WC (but still we don't know if is really going to be an issue or not, only time will tell)

22. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think it is stronger. Pretty much the same players but now most are starters in their leagues. Also, now we have more depth, players that are starters in european or brazilian teams are bench for Chile. As for Sampaoli, think he is more flexible than Bielsa, changing formations when needed. So in conclusion, we have more depth and are more adaptable.

Like now, when we play a top team we take the precautions and dont play them the same way as we would Bolivia (no offence), with Bielsa it was always play the same (very minor variations)

elviejomen repped this.
  23. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    teatro? :ROFLMAO:
    nunca te he visto quejarte de las condiciones histrionicas que Alexis ha aprendido (o ha perfeccionado} en la Escuela de Teatro Catalana del Barca
    andaaaaaaaaa
    que rostro, che!

24. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Me empelota esa actitud de Sánchez también (en sus inicio no era así, pero apenas llegó a España, se puso wevón). El año pasado y principios de este, ya parecía chacota la cuestión : se le acercaban y se tiraba al suelo. Ya muchos aquí estábamos pidiendo a gritos que lo sacaran de la titularidad, porque no era solo su teatro, sino que se perdían buenas posibilidades de progresar y anotar. Además que constantemente pedía la pelota, se la daban y se tiraba al suelo. :thumbsdown:

Afortunadamente en el último tiempo la ha estado cortando y se dedica más a lo suyo, que es jugar.

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    no creo que halla sido intencional lo de Gargano pero creo que tecnicamente uno no puede saltar como lo hizo el, con los codos afuera...por lo menos asi siempre lo entendi..no puedes ni empujar ni saltar con los brazos como lo hizo el...es como una jugada peligrosa y es para amarilla...es como pierna alta

pero en fin el arbitro fue pesimo, pero creo que es porque es mal arbitro pero se equivoco para ambos

Cavani debio tener un penal pero su exageracion al caer lo perjudico a el mismo y parece piscinazo

cuando Ramirez defino ante Muslera es fouleado, pero creo que porque el contacto fue despues del tiro no es cobrado como penal (nunca vi a un arbitro cobrar penal por un foul despues del tiro, para mi si el intentaba llevarse al arquero, Muslera se lo lleva encima y hubiese sido penal...pero en fin decidio disparar y nunca sabremos