Which club has the best fans in Europe and why?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by toonboy, May 25, 2006.

1. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
  2. OnTheWayOfDamascus

Oct 26, 2010

Supporters groups of a nature comparable to the ultras have been present in Hungary since 1929. The Ferencváros's Fradi-szív was founded in January 1929. The team supporters were invited in a small rented office near Jozsef yard, it was announced that it would have been possible register as a supporter member or as simple member from next wednesday, in the same office at ten o clock. In three hours were registered 84 new members as supporters, after two days the number increased to over 1000 registered supporters, after a month the registered supporters were around 4000.

I know it,...the mass crowd singing.....

[​IMG]

Suggested book:
    Bela Nagy, ''Hoppe László írásainak '', National Library and Digital Archive for the use of microfilm,Budapest,Hungary.
    or
    http://www.tempofradi.hu/az-ulloi-uti-stadion-1920-1929
    (here you find all info you want)

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA LOOOLLLLL too funny,
    i m sorry.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borussia Dortmund hands down!!! :cool:

4. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That list looks soooo random.

The best fans in the Europe?
    I'll not suggest one team, i'll say two countries who have the best fans overall:

Turkey and Greece.

No doubts you'll find the best fans in either one of these countries.

5. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I'd say Liverpool, for the way their fans back the team and manager even when times are tough.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nice sarcasm

7. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Napoli is on this list? Is this the poll for best stabbers of opposition fans? What a joke.

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I've heard Dortmund fans often filled the Westfalenstadion from when they were a second division side in the mid-70s through to throughout the 80s even though the club continued to suffer financially. And in recent years the stadium has continued to be filled even when the team was often in mid-table.
    But a shout for Köln, as well. Since the Rhein-Energie was built the stadium has just about always been filled it to its 50,000 capacity even when they were in the second division. (They may have another chance to prove their loyalty again next season the way things are shaping up. :()

9. atlantefc

atlantefc Member

Jul 18, 2006
    F*dabig4neveryleague
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    any team that never wins anything and still get 30.000+ in attendance

10. gaby0175

gaby0175 New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The original list is lousey.
    The Turkish teams make the most sound, incredible youtube footage of their fans and some South American fans are just as good. Sorry but continental european and british fans aren't in the same league as the turks / south americans when it comes to passion.

http://www.soccerfansconnected.com

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    why? because they don't stab each other and throw flares into the pitch area?

12. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Celtic by far...

13. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Yeah, disrespecting the memory of the war dead is one of their better qualities.

14. So Feyenoord, after being beaten up/trashed with 10 - 0 (no, sadly no type error) by PSV Eindhoven, getting in 40 000 + spectators in the next home match, must be the top contendor for this title.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The good Feyenoord fans are very very good. But the bad ones are among the vilest in the whole of Europe unfortunately.

16. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    The logic here being that fans are better if there are more of them. Surely the best fans are those amongst a hundred other hardcores in the non-leagues, rather than people jumping on a popular regional bandwagon?

17. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's a bit too literal. My interpretation of the question was which team has the best fanbase. It's impossible to know which team has the most specifically hardcore of fans. You could have a guy who goes to every game, no matter what and cheers louder and harder than anybody on the planet. If he's one of just three hardcore fans of that team, then they aren't going to be on the radar in this discussion. Quantity, while not the be-all and end-all, has to be a factor.

Also, I'm always surprised how much credit fans get for turning up when their team are doing badly. In my view, supporting your team regardless of performance, even though you might be critical of them, is a requirement of being a hardcore fan.

18. babasol

babasol New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Umag
    Club:
    Sparta Praha
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hajduk Split,Split is the most craizy town in Europe abour football!
    From more famous clubs-probably Celtic!

19. latinus1985

latinus1985 New Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    Check out the fans of Legia Warsaw from Poland! I don't mean the regular fans that come to watch the club live on brand new Pepsi Arena (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35268755/stadion legii.jpg) but the real ultras fans that even follow the team on their away games.
    You will probably hear about the club and its supporters soon as they now qualified to Europa League and play in group C with PSV, Happoel Tel Aviv and Rapid Bucarest. The chant CONSTANTLY throughout the whole game, always have the best flags, songs. Whatever they do, everyone else copy them soon after. As an example have a look at a setting: "God save the fanatics" they did last season: ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qK1RV6gd4"]Legia.TV: Bo?e chro? fanatyków - YouTube[/ame]), isn't it creative, breathtaking and simply superb?
    Will keep you posted and tell you more about the fans that even greet their players on airports and support them from the two floor stand called bleacher (żyleta)- former name from the previous stadium.
    Recently saw Ajax live in ArenA playing their domestic league game and it was more like a sunday picnic event in ultras sector rather than real support for a big club. Been slightly disappointed! But Legia, watch them cos they're coming!

20. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Barcelona and Real Madrid probably have the biggest fanbases, they're the two richest sports clubs in the world, here the 422 richest clubs:

http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com

The list is being dominated by European soccer clubs, good to see how huge the Champions League is. A lot of European clubs earn their money from foreign fans in Asia/South America.

21. Thomas T.

Thomas T. Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Hamburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To those who say Liverpool fans are the best: have you forgotten Heysel?

22. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    Watching Chelsea - BL today, I was thinking how much the atmosphere in England has declined since the pre Taylor Report days. I really liked Liverpool as a kid in Poland, for some reason (I think Ian Rush was responsible) and watched every bit of English football I could throughout the 80's. It was captivating to glimpse at the spectacle in the stands as well as on the pitch. Nowadays it's all *clap, clap*... silence... "Come on [insert club name]" and otherwise crickets, like at a tennis match. The Leverkusen fans far out throated the Chelsea supporters at Stamford Bridge. No competition. Kind of sad. I do think the English game is the most exciting to watch, but that's a different topic.

23. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread might as well be titled, "What's your favorite club?" because that's all it is. Idiots are in every fanbase. A lot of English, Italian, French and Turkish have been known for their tendency to romp, but they are also known for putting on fantastic displays and following their club to the edge of the earth and over the edge sometimes. Roma was getting curb-stomped by Manchester, but the fans were still singing loud and clear throghout the game. Liverpool, PSG, Fenerbahce, Red Star, etc. are all known to do that. The only thing is that the English buffoons of the 80s were always plastered. The goofballs of today are sober and still raising hell, which is probably worse.

On the other hand, the higher-performing clubs have taken on a lot of glory-chasers, tourists, and fans who have just gotten used to winning. When Messi tears up the Bernabeau or Pato defacates on the entire Barca defense, the home crowd goes silent, but they're not stabbing, attacking cops, or swarming a bridge and collapsing it.

24. Thomas T.

Thomas T. Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Hamburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those clubs have the best fans who don't attract fans because of their success or because the club is based in a big city, but because the club stands for certain (positive) values, or, even better, an entire philosophy and way of life.
    In Germany, such clubs are St. Pauli (alternative lifestyle, individualism), and Schalke (working class culture). They attract a huge number of passionate fans from all of Germany despite having (or having had) not much success.