Where Will Van Der Vaart End Up?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Ronaldo07, Mar 3, 2005.

1. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Did VDV ever said that he didn't want to go to Real? I thought he never said that! But maybe I'm wrong...

2. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Id like to see him at Arsenal but I dont like the for him to play there the Attitude would have to go.

3. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the attitude? he's been quite humbled this year.

4. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    There is no attitude problem, you took van Persie. He is way worse. The only problem with van der Vaart was that the coach posted him everywhere on the field and van der Vaart said he didn't want that anymore. And of the field there was some trouble among players. But that is just because the Ajax group lacks a leader.

5. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada

Isn't that an attitude problem--they lack a leader--I think VDV was supposed to be that person

This guy is not a victim of Ajax--he's an underacheiver that can be partially blamed for what is the Ajax season. No one came up big in the tough international or Eredivisie matches.

6. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    How many Ajax matches do you watch, you are talking nonsense.

And you are a leader or you are not, you do not become one. What's next, telling me Bergkamp is rubbish because he is no leader!? Come up with something usefull to post and then post please.

Btw. El Mundo Deportivo, a Spanish newspaper, says now Barcelona is after van der Vaart as well. To get more competition to the midfield. But I do not think they'll still want him when they have van Bommel.

7. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Sorry for hurting your sensitivities. But I have to disagree with you again. People are not born leaders. They become leaders thru maturity and experience and siezing the opportunity. VDV has not done this. I was under the impression that he was supposed to be the top player with Ajax this year--the leader
    Just because I don't see as many Ajax games as you do in Holland doesn't mean i can't see or have an opinion on what's wrong with the team. Granted it is more limited but, you imply that you have to live there to have an opinion, especially if it is against your thoughts. When speaking to my friends and relatives back there they do not disagree with my opinoins regarding VDV this year. I grant you they also have many other reasons why Ajax is off their form
    Moving to a new environment may be the ticket for him.
    Also as someone else stated, summer may change many things

8. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    You didn't hurt my sensitivities, but you are posting nonsense that is all. Youdo nt learn to be a leader, you have the potential or not. With some it may take a little longer to actually become a leader.

Van der Vaart was never a leader, everyone could see that. Big mistake to make him captain.

9. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    damn, so close....

:p

10. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    VDV must really suck if he goes to Hamburg, they aren't even a UEFA CUP team. :confused:

11. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    They're playing intertoto so they still might make it to the UEFA-cup. That might mean a short holiday for Van der Vaart, training starts 25th of June already...

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Surely he could have done better. I also expect Hamburg to lose several of their top players this summer (Van Buyten, Boularouz).

13. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he's going to Real Madrid. ...

:D

14. FCGrunn

FCGrunn Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Groningen
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

It seems Chelsea considers offering 10 million.

15. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think Chelsea is going to buy anyone with Hiddink still there / with no trainer appointed yet for the 09/10 season. Unless secretly, Abramovich en Hiddink have already agreed for Guus to stay!

Personally, I hope VdV transfers back to Ajax!! Is not going to happen but heck we are paying millions for crap Argentinian strikers (anyone remember Gabrich??, and I'm not a fan of Cvitanovich either) why can't Ajax pay that for a Dutch player?

Anyway, I think he's gonna stay at Real Madrid. Unless he thinks playing irregularly could jeopardize his place in the Dutch squad for WC2010.

16. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Lets dream a little--more like a lot

he is not coming back to any Dutch team--but

his style fits

he would look good at AZ in CL next year--probably one of the only Dutch teams that can afford him

after they lose/sell Dembele and El Hamd-

-but AZ hold onto DeZeeuw Schaars DaSilva and Martens-

-he could cash the goals up front with Ari

17. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    VdV up front?? Not his forte, he's more of an attacking midfielder. Incidentally, I think he covered the most distance of all Dutch players at Euro 2008! Not that that is a good thing, better leave the running to the opponent.

18. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    That would be glorious!

19. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The CL season Ajax had with VdV, Ibrahimovic, Pienaar, Maxwell, Chivu, Mido, Galasek, Trabelsi, etc etc was sooo good. We played exceptionally well, not in the traditional Ajax-way, but under Koeman, Ajax hardly gave any chances away, and we always ruled the midfield. Hope those days will return soon.

20. psv88

psv88 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didnt see the Real MAdrid Liverpool game, but supposedly when he came in he changed the game alot...in a good way

21. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched the game , I'll tell you he gave us creativity and technique in the middle of the park. I am one of the only Madrid fans that KNOW he can succeed, he's a great player.

22. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wont happen

Perhaps when he's over the hill he might come back, but no sooner

23. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Of the three, VdV is the most allround player. To me, it's either fantastic or disastrous with Robben and Sneijder. People sometimes forget that VdV did a lot of dirty work on the midfield at Euro2008 so that Sneijder et al could focus on their all out attack. Anyway, things could change when Ramos leaves at the end of this season. I assume he's gonna go right?

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows? We'll have a new president, sporting director, possible coach, and we've got a Madrid media and many fans hellbent on a squad overhaul.

He really needs to start showing something the rest of the year, if he's even given a good chance, in order to win over the club. I think he, like anyone, deserves at least another season to blend in.

That said, I'm not sure I agree that he's better all around than Sneijder. Sneijder seems to have a better motor, and more of an ability to play defensively when needed. Also, Sneijder's movement off the ball seems better than VDV. VDV has looked to stoic out there, and quite soft. Sneijder is a more likely choice in midfield to partner a DM, due to his compactness, and work ethic. VDV has tried his butt off when he's played, no arguement there. The engine for 90 mins is questionable.

I really wish he'd played better in the games he got as a SS, because he could've grabbed a spot in the squad with some noteworthy performances. At tactics-wise, it would've given us a few more options up front.

25. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sneijder must have improved his D then, either way it's good for Oranje, although I don't think Oranje can play with both VdV and Sneijder in midfield. I also think that with VdV, Oranje is better able to control the play.

Dunno about the 90min, VdV has been injured a lot this season no? Maybe he's not topfit, which would explain him being on the bench so often. He should run less in a game anyway, as he'll be sharper in goal opportunity situations.

With SS you mean second striker right? He played at that position pretty succesfully with Ajax together with Ibrahimovic, but he's not a prolific scorer. He's got a knack for scoring important goals, although he's hasn't shown that recently at both club and national level.