Where the Fv!k is Robbie Rogers?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by JuiceBox, Sep 26, 2013.

1. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well I assume he is fit now since he played in the Chivas reserve game. If he is fit he should be played. if he is still hurt then its a different situation. Any bets on if he is in 18 Sunday?

mbar repped this.
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would think if he is fit he would be in the 18. Not necessarily to play. If he is fit and not in the 18 the reasons for this are probably:

1) he looks terrible in training
    2) he has an attitude or commitment problem
    3) the coaches are biased against him.

2 of those seem about a thousand more likely then the other

Grok and forie repped this.
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't have to look terrible, per se; just worse than the other guys vying for the same spots: namely Zardes, Stephens, Jimenez and Courtois (I don't know, is that terrible?).

4. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robbie Rogers the player, I despise with all my might (I will only forgive if the G's win a Cup with him on the roster)

Robbie Rogers the human being, I don't give a F*&%@, he can do whatever he wants.

5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did not help tonight. Almost provided the through ball for a San Jose winner. At least we know we are desperate enough as a team to still throw him out there.

6. Grok

Grok Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So, umm, yeah, Rogers almost sh!t the bed out there tonight. Question is, all things considered was he worse than Michael Stevens?

I think Bruce f@cked up by not putting in Courtois for Stephens. Courtois has been good at coming in to games and giving us a late spark, and Rogers was clearly not a game changer of any sort, but I'm not sure we would have been worse off had Rogers gotten the start over Stephens.

What is obvious is that the fans clearly hate him. There were boos in my section when he subbed in. I cheered for him, because I cheer for my team, but I think I was the only one.

7. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only heard cheers in the stadium.

8. Grok

Grok Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not sure what section you're in but East sideline where I was there were people booing. I plan to watch the game again on DVR tomorrow, so maybe I'll hear the cheering you're talking about.

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I heard several near me making negative comments. One "enlightened" soul shouted at him that he was the "worst signing ever" at one point. It certainly wasn't a warm reception.

10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was on the western sideline.
    I did hear some yelling at him for poor play after he came in. But only cheers when he came on the field.

Grok repped this.
  11. Grok

Grok Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah, from where I was there was a lot of negative chatter. It pisses me off a little to hear people rooting against our guys, but if you look at all the social media public opinion is about 99-1 against the guy, and that's mostly Galaxy fans talking.

12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got a warm cheer when announced. People having negative comments about his play is on him for his play. People feeling bummed out by the transaction is on Bruce and the FO for the "worst transaction ever".

The Cadaver repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Persecution complex? Didn't you hear the cheers when he entered the game?

What the fans do hate is that Rogers is all we have to show for giving up a guy who looks to have a good shot at league MVP. Rogers is going to have to live with that, because until he produces SOMETHING positive out there on the field he is not going to shake that ghost.

And, seriously, after he got on the field did you see that he did much of anything to win the fans over? I mean with his play.

Or maybe its because the Front Office pulled the rug out from under him that he can't produce quality minutes. :rolleyes:

Topper repped this.
  14. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    You guys know that Rogers is scoring the game winning goal against Seattle right? The script is written.

15. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I can certainly understand harboring ire about the trade, I'm not sure I get the point of hating/booing the player, if that really went on (on the broadcast, I'm pretty sure I heard someone shout "Come on, pretty boy, do somethin'!" at one point)

16. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont feel bad for him, welcome to being a professional athlete. i know he's been injured and had bad luck but honestly its time to start performing. I think if that does happen itll be for next season, Rogers is written off for this season as far as im concerned, Courtois shouldve went in yesterday instead (injured??) Rogers has no time to get up to speed now

17. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that too. I didn't know if it was a Galaxy fan or what.

18. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That performance was just not good.

19. Grok

Grok Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I watched the last half of the match on DVR this morning and I was far too generous (must have been the beers talking). Rogers was absolutely terrible, particularly in the closing minutes where he gave the ball away 3 times in a row. The guy does have good ball skills, but his crosses sucked and he doesn't seem to play with any real passion or enthusiasm. Watch Courtois when he comes in for the last 15 minutes then watch Rogers last night, and tell me which guy looks like he's trying to make things happen and wants to win.

20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Courtois injured? I honestly rate him our best player off the bench. Rogers is weird, I get him sucking bc of energy but where the hell is the fire? You think he knows he has something to prove, he just isn't a player like Becks I guess that answers back strong to people questioning him.

21. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is Pastor to come here and tell us we are all wrong and that RR is effective and is being victimized by the Galaxy?

22. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Courtois was warming up in the second half and ready to go into the game. Rogers number got called instead.

23. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought he had fire. He did to rush into central midfield to try to make tackles couple of times. If anything, he was trying too hard and psyched himself out.

The worst thing we could have done for this guy is traded Magee for him. At that point he went from a potentially useful addition to having huge boots to fill.

Needless to say he hasn't come close.

Topper and GalaxyOne repped this.
  24. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    With the benefit of hindsight, it certainly didn't work out, but with SJ pressing more and more at the end since they needed the win, getting another speedster out there makes some sense, especially with Landon not completely healthy. It ended up not working, but this was a prime counter-attack situation and I can understand the logic, especially if you're trying to get him some minutes before the playoffs.

Also, I'm not knocking him, but I haven't followed where all of this Courtois love has come from recently.

25. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    CCL mostly.