Where the Fv!k is Robbie Rogers?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by JuiceBox, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously how long does it take to get fit or over the flu or whatever the hell is wrong with this guy...

2. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Instagram, he's been hitting the party circuit.

3. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    last word was a hamstring injury, I think

4. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Magee trade sure worked well for us.

::sigh::

The Cadaver repped this.
  5. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any particular reason why you want to know? You still hoping he can help us in some way on the soccer field?o_O

6. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Writing letters to Putin...

7. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He's hanging out with Carlo.

8. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Is Robbie helping coach that Chinese youth team? :D

On a more serious note, it sure seems like its been more than 7 weeks since Robbie last suited up. This seems long for a hamstring especially since the official blog said he had returned to training September 10th.

9. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares where he's at? I'm too busy basking in the goodwill and positive press he brought with him. In fact, I'm not even worried about missing the playoffs! Lah-dee-frickin'-dah!

BlueMagic repped this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's MIA, that's for sure. Ah, there's always next year.

11. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've given up caring. I'll worry about him later. Gotta play with the ones you got.

12. Bid&Offer

Bid&Offer Member

Nov 25, 2006
    He returned to practice as stated earlier on 10th, then hurt hamstring again.

Berks repped this.
  13. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    today's update

@LAGalaxyInsider: #LAGalaxy midfielder Robbie Rogers returns to training, but game action remains a question mark. @MLS - http://t.co/SYCXXvfNS8

14. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yeah. A healthy Rogers is better than any winger we currently have. If he can provide a marginal improvement to our offense at some point this year, then I think we can look back at this trade as simply a nightmare rather than an all out disaster. As is, we've lost Magee and gained nothing in return.

Statman and The Cadaver repped this.
  15. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone tell me what this means in a typical case? Assuming no reinjury, how long does it normally take to train up to the point where a player can participate? And I do understand that on top of that there has to be game minutes to get the player integrated with the team. I am asking for advice as to when he might reasonably be expected to make the 18. There is just not a lot of time left this season.

16. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    "Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena told reporters that the winger is “getting close” to returning, but there was no decision yet on whether he'd be able to appear in this weekend’s match against the Portland Timbers"

Well, that's farther along than I expected since he's not explicitly ruled out against Portland. Given our wing play, bench against Portland and starting the following games seems optimistic but not out of the question.

17. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I beg to differ with your second sentence, but fully agree with your last. Tho I think it's a bit harsh to call Rogers a nothing...

18. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #18 Topper, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Of course this has nothing to do with this thread, but Magee just scored two goals for the Fire.

But, that doesn't begin to match the high I'm riding from the goodwill generated by the trade of the decade.

Dawdler repped this.
  19. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimenez, Franklin and Zardes have been serviceable, but are not better wingers than Rogers. And I wasn't calling Rogers a nothing; but considering injuries have robbed the team of the benefit of his playing, we effectively got nothing in the trade.

I'm not sure when ire about the trade turned into ire for Rogers personally. It's getting a little petulant honestly. You can't even mention the dude's name without somebody having a meltdown about the trade for the umpteenth time. As poor as the trade might have been in conception, certainly no one involved (least of all RR himself) would've expected or wanted the scenario to play out the way it has so far. I'm perplexed that so many folks have taken the attitude of writing him off completely.

cappiello, Berks, UcIceD2011 and 2 others repped this.
  20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's the step-mom scenario - no matter what she does it will be looked at more negatively because she isn't mom. Of course in this case mom also happened to be awesome and step-mom has been sick almost ever since she married dad and hasn't helped around the house at all!

aircanada12, UcIceD2011, Hachiko and 3 others repped this.
  21. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, the ire about Rogers personally isn't fair. Our ire should be more directed to Bruce, who didn't have to go along with the foolishness of Rogers insisting to make his comeback only with the Galaxy, and Magee volunteering to go home to Chicago.

22. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce can nick off with this trade. That's all I gotta say.

23. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

24. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I love this analogy because somehow although it seems like it should matter to dad, the fact that step mom turns out to be a man and gay isn't really a problem at all. The kids just want step mom to get her ass on the field and hit a freakin' good cross. Or is that his ass. Now I am all confused.

aircanada12 repped this.
  25. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping he can return against Montreal. With what Bruce said about his status the other day, I think he'd be able to play against Chivas next week, but Chivas will surely play a physical game. No need to risk Rogers in that type of match.

I wonder how much Rogers can improve our overall play though. He's probably the best winger on this team. Zardes is okay. But Jimenez, Stephens, and especially Franklin are simply killing any type of attack we get going on the right side.