Where should the next GC be played?

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by MoRado, Jul 17, 2009.

?

where should the next GC be played?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2011.
  1. Mexico

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Canada

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Costa Rica + Panama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Guatemala + Honduras

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jamaica+ Trinidad & Tobago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other, please name it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLc9kaGqaow"]YouTube- Jamaica we have a bobsled team[/ame]

I suppose Canada could technically host the next Gold Cup, just like Jamaica can technically have a bobsled team.

2. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a second there I thought you meant that Jamaica should host. But then again, they got at least 3 stadiums that could be used. Back in the day, the Gold Cup did just fine in 3 stadiums.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/middle_america/countries/jamaica.shtml

A soccer field would fit on a cricket pitch.

This is just me thinking out loud.

3. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its easily the third best option in terms of venues. Of course that isn't saying much.

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Honduras-Guate-El Salvador should host. With the Final in SPS. Semis in San Salvador and Guate City. Honduras has two stadiums, El Salvador has one and Guatemala has two.

Thats five stadiums. Plenty.

5. El_Numero_10

El_Numero_10 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Canada can host it they should. I would like Mexico to host it but we would dominate not trying to be cocky but we would.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a deal that no games can be played in Mexico city?

7. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    of course,there are a lot of stadiums in mexico that are more than enough for this tourney,even second division ones,like the nou camp de leon capacity 35 000,veracruz luis pirata fuente 30 000 or necaxa stadium 25 000,lets see how anyone can get a victory from mexico even in those second division stadiums.

mexico can handle this tourney even with second division stadiums,ESTADIO AZTECA is too much for this tourney anyway.

but mexico would have the advantage and what we want is a real tournament,and not a jack warners mickey mouse tourney,so the tourney should be held in central america for the good of the game.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    :rolleyes: I see Mexico haven't come down from their high horse yet smh. things never change.

9. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nope and never will.

well he insinuated we cant win outside mexico city,i just replied and added a little hate,de mi cosecha.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did Insinuate that.

Also, I would like for the Mexican Team to go outside Mexico city, the team does not belong to Chilangos only.

People from the other states want to follow the team also.

Tell me how many Official games were played outside Mexicoc city In the last qulifiying cylce?

I remember 1 (chiapas) also the game against TYT was going to be outside Chilangolandia but due to a swap in dates it was played in D.F.

I think that the game vs Belize was also played outside Mexico city (cancun I think).

I also remember when teams used to go to Azteca and get beat 7-0 or 6--1. I think Zage droped 4 goals in 1 game vs TYT one year.

Can you remaind me of the scores in this past cycle at the Azteca?

11. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mira i dont care where mexico plays,in fact i dont mind playing games outside mexico city,thats why i sugested those other stadiums,hell i dont even want that freaking tourney to be hosted by mexico in the first place.

and this past cycle mexico was in a crisis ,sven didnt do a good job and aguirre came to the rescue,but at the end of the day we qualified,AND THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THE WORLD CUP,i dont care if we qualify via repechaje or in frist place,i only care about what mexico does in the world cup.

in fact it is good to use other stadiums cause then mexico shows that we have the infraestructure but since gold cup is a cheap fake tourney its not worth the trouble,first the ass.hole jack warner better fix the tourney and make it a real one.

as it is right now that tourney no vale ni un pinche gansito.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In that we agree, what is more, it never will!

Unless we start doing Tourneys with all the countries in the Americas, it is not worth watching.

unless Mexico beats the USA "C" team and then all Mexican fans go crazy!

I did catch a lot of s..t from my father and brother that day lol!

13. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    always with the c team or z team,the last gold cup mexico did not send their A team either,so dont flatter yourself kiddo, no te emociones tanto,e incluso mexico won in the USA with a b team,but i consider every single gold cup that mexico won to be worthless,i put more value in the 2nd and 3rd places that mexico has won in copa america.

well your father lives there,im sure that has a lot to do with it, i mean missing his country and all,but i like real competitions and not mickey mouse ones.;)

14. 13370

13370 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    As for me I voted Canada , not that Canada would be the ideal location
    I think its time for rotation . I think the empire dominates things too much
    in Concacaf , they have qualified for all world cups since 1990 , all youth
    tournaments , and women also .

15. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah but then they go to the tournaments and they are not consistent with results,they do one good world cup and then look at the rest they even got a one last place,and they often dont come out of the group stages,and in youth level mexico has already won a u-17 world cup,USA hasnt won anything,in women futbol i agree they dominate,even in club futbol their league is far from dominating concacaf,so the "empire" does not dominate concacaf,jack warner and friends are the reason concacaf is a shithole,he turned all our tourneys into the pile of crap that are now.

16. 13370

13370 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    actually am just fed up to see our Confederation being dominated by the Empire ,
    They have hosted all Gold Cups for 20 years which they won 3/4 of them . Most
    referees always on their sides and the bad thing is that people from the Empire
    are not mindful , they want to go on & on .no european nation have dominate
    UEFA , no south american nation dominate Conmebol , no african nation dominated CAF , and no one Nation dominated AFC but The Empire dominates
    Concacaf .

17. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nope,in those 20 years mexico won 5 titles,USA 4 and Canada 1.

but they do dominate in the hosting side of gold cup.

in jack warners dream world ,gold cup and CCL should be played in US soil always,and nobody should criticize it.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  19. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    Wow, you're going against your jefe and your family by supporting the US. Oooooh no, I believe I would be disowned for that besides being called a gavacho, gringo, and a trader to my ethnicity. That's just how it works in my family but everyone is different and is entitled to support who ever they like.

I suppose Americans could support Iran when the US plays against them.

20. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    The fact that you compare the relationship of the US with Iran to the US-Mexican relationship, makes me realize I should just skip over any of your posts. :rolleyes:

21. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lets keep rivalries out of this.

Canada wouldn't be a terrible choice, they could certainly host it with out any problem.

I would still rather see a Central American country host, but seeing as how this tournament is in a little more than a year I would think they would let someone else know they were hosting it. I just really hope its outside if the US this next time.

22. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rica's new stadium should give them enough venues to host the tournament with Panama as a possible co-host. Its a good compromise because those two countries are the wealthiest/safest in Central America.

23. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some where in the Caribbean. If Canada can host in their CFL stadiums, then the Cricket Stadiums in the Caribbean should suffice (along with "the Office" in Jamaica and Hasely Crawford in TnT).

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How far apart are Jamaica and Trinidad?

would co-hosting it be too much travel expense?

25. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I reckon that would be a great alternative, but I'd go for Costa Rica and Panama. I think Costa Rica deserves it having been the third best nation in the area for a while now, and because they can't host alone give Panama a chance as well.
    You could even do Honduras and Costa Rica, its not like Nicaragua is that big to fly over. Whichever choice, I'd take over hosting it in the US again.