Where In The World Are Former Quakes?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Naco, Aug 10, 2008.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize he is an San Diego State grad.

I know we've had discussions here about Wynalda's issues, but to me, it would be fun if he got that team thru some upper rounds of US Open Cup...

markmcf8 repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He went to San Diego State but don't believe he ever graduated though...He left after his Jr year and signed a contract with the USSF to get ready for WC 1990....

mjlee22 repped this.
  4. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see Wynalda coach in MLS some day soon.

markmcf8 and don gagliardi repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd love to see him coach Ian Harkes! That would be like keeping it all on the family! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  7. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Milan Manderic was not only not the sole owner he was not even the majority stock holder. He was, like Lew Wolfe, the Managing General Partner. Other owners (partial list) included Bill Glennon, Don Lucas, Ken Keegan and at least two others whose names escape me. I know some of the original Earthquake programs from Spartan Stadium days listed the ownership group.

10. Childs Play

Childs Play Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Behind you,.. BOO!
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Bob Himsl was another owner. He died a year or two ago

11. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

14. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bobby Warshaw had a podcast where he and a 10-year MLS veteran answered mentoring questions from a 2nd year USL player. They were talking about how to overcome those feelings that "I am better than this other guy, and why is he starting instead of me?" It was funny cuz Bobby pointed out Beitashour and Morrow as 2 guys that don't stand out on the practice field. But in games they are so consistent because they are level-headed and keep it simple with the short pass to the nearest guy and only occasionally do a long cross or something more challenging. I had never heard them encapsulated that way. (And actually, i think Bobby is wrong -- both those guys are a lot more than just consistent).

but just think, 2 guys we jettisoned are held up as examples on a Howler podcast.

15. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the retweet of Bobby convey's tweet. Didn't know someone could develop such severe asthma after 30.

16. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Wow hope it is a temporary thing and he recovers and can keep it under control.

17. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No wonder he always looked like he was trying to catch flies with his mouth when he ran!

18. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    This article seems to be saying that the Innocent one is now trying to catch on with Vicenza. Apparently his trial in Switzerland didn't land him a contract. falvo can clarify but sounds like Vicenza is not buying on his terms, which are either like a very short term contract to June of this year, or a roughly 1.5 year contract to June of 2018. His rational - if I suck (and I probably will), I get an early vacation, or I get paid to suck for 1.5 years. Their rationale - if he's any good and we do the short term contract, we lose him in June; if we do the longer contract and he sucks, we are stuck with him for a year and a half.

Sounds like they should just put him on trial, but maybe he is trying to catch a deal before he is found out.

https://www.fantagazzetta.com/calci...lan-ora-tratta-senza-esito-col-vicenza-247512

"On Monday, he called us by giving the availability to come to Vicenza to agreed conditions, for four months or until June 2018. To us this solution is not good. It is a major player, it has everything to relaunch after a not successful period, and we are ready to give him a chance to do in Vicenza. But we can not accept that he is in Vicenza maybe doing well and then in June to go away, or conversely you do not play according to his means and that the company it has borne for another season. We want to have the possibility to keep Chamakh for another season if did well, so as not to confirm it in ' contrary "hypothesis .

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vicenza is currently in 17th place in Serie B..Just above the relegation zone...Link me the article and I'll look at it....

20. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #1495 JazzyJ, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    I edited above post to add the link.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is my best shot......

They also wanted to sign another player but nothing doing....The club is on the verge of relegation and the salaries drop considerably from the Serie B to the Lega Pro or the old Serie C. Basically, they don't have the money to spend...

22. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is Innocent still under contract to the Quakes? If so, perhaps our management can negotiate a different kind of "contract" to have him permanently off our books, if you get my drift!

[​IMG]

23. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Pretty sure we released him to get his salary off the books

markmcf8 repped this.
  24. RocktheCasbah4

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Anecdote from today that is probably only cool to me:

I play in a small side, co-ed corporate league in SF that is as competitive as a small side, co-ed corporate league in SF can get, but in the "cup final" today we played the SF Deltas corporate team. Most the team was just the staff for the Deltas but they brought two ringers in Todd Dunivant (former Quake, but mostly Galaxy scum) and the recently released from RSL Devon Sandoval.

Surprisingly only lost 3-1 and those two didn't embarrass me personally in any way (although they probably only tried at about 10% of their capabilities), but that was kind of cool.

I wonder if Dunivant is in their Front Office or is playing for them -- wiki says he is retired.

markmcf8 repped this.
  25. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's kind of cool but also a little underhanded on the part of the SF Deltas.

Last year, my son played in the Street Soccer USA Union Square Cup. In the second round his team got annihilated by a team of Stanford soccer players. That team got beat in the finals by a team that had a former MLS GK (I don't know who). We're talking about I think it was 4v4 soccer on a tiny field.