Where have all of the SOB's gone?

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by aztec21bas, Oct 2, 2012.

1. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how are they getting special treatment? anyone that wants reserved moves down into rows 1-5 (or 1-8, 1-10... whatever it takes to accommodate). Beyond that, everyone that wants GA moves behind. no one gets special treatment

2. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just sort of assuming those rows were already occupied with STH's...

3. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    #128 ericlfd, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    It's a completely moot point. The org doesn't want to do it because it would equal season ticket death, and it's really not worth anymore bad blood to pander to like 12 fauxltras. I would give up my season tickets because the only reason I buy them is to stay in my good seats. Might as well just scoop up GA on gameday for free or damn near it

Full disclosure- I don't think it's a bad idea but it had to happen 7 years ago.

4. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True and I was assuming some would want to move back into GA, opening spots for people to move forward. Like I said lots of logistics that would need to happen

The survey is garbage TBH. You don't need season tickets to complete it. Frankly you don't even need to be a member to complete it. And you can do it multiple times. Guess the former pres neurobiologist didn't give any lessons on conducting surveys

thomas19064 repped this.
  5. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's more than 12 for sure but i get the feeling it is a vocal minority

thomas19064 repped this.
  6. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention the number of non-Sons of Ben in the River End is constantly growing.

the SOB tailgate I made it to this year was so sparse it was depressing.

7. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The number of Sob is shrinking for a multitude of reasons. Shitbag holier than thou attitudes from a lot folks in the river end are one reason, shitbag team on the field another. I also think Philly fans may not be the best at doing what people tell us to do ha. Quick story, a few years ago one of the red city Sob were doing the capo thing in my section during a game against the revs. He chastised my cousin for not singing 4lc. Unfortunately for the dude, he was wearing a red Sox hat, and he got lit up for a good five minutes. "No ************************ in a Boston hat is gonna tell me what to do, especially playing new England." Is how it started. I called him nomar for the rest of the match. I think it's engrained in us to not play along. Anyway, That's a deep dive convo, but long story short, rearranging the seating isn't solving anything.

jaykoz3 and thomas19064 repped this.
  8. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's not involved anymore. Why drag her into this? They have plenty of people available who could have figured out how to do a closed survey. Seems they didn't want it closed.

9. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember this incident very vividly because my buddy was getting in on it too.... :ROFLMAO:

10. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Haha these are the people that are pushing for GA. Red Sox fans from reading

buzzkiller23, lopezzzz and Handsome Pete repped this.
  11. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, so very glad I never had the inclination to sit down there.

12. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't taking a shot at her.

13. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am not going anymore since it is way too far. Wish it was still where we had them the first couple of years.

14. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's a shame... I would go more often if it wasn't a mile hike from Lot A to get there...

jaykoz3 and cwelch999 repped this.
  15. sentrido

sentrido Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Maybe they could wait till it's filled up regularly before kicking people out for sitting on day where the game stopped like 8 times for water breaks ... Anyway its too late to change is my 2 cents. Probably just lead to a lot of fights anyway.

thomas19064 repped this.
  16. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All that's probably going to happen is that the FO is going to realize that people who sit in the first few rows REALLY like "owning" their seat. And they'll start charging twice as much to sit in the "premium" rows.

Which would make me laugh.

17. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they've already started to do this in 109 and 105...

18. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I would hope even our tone deaf fo realizes they can't afford any more bad blood from the fans

19. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GA is a bad idea. Besides sections 138, 137, and 136 is where all the noise comes from already anyways, and those sections are nearly sold out with STH's. It's consolidated as is. And if I have to show up an hour early each match to get a good seat I'll just go back to 117. Same price, less bullshit. I don't want to lose my seat because I had to take leak at Halftime, or wanted to grab some food and drink.

Not to mention there is ZERO proof that a GA section leads to a better supporters section. Portland is an anomaly. Orlando is too new.

Want a more engaged and rowdy River End? Put a better product on the field, and put the stadium in the city limits close to transit.......but then again that ship sailed back in 2008. GA won't solve this.

buzzkiller23 repped this.
  20. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    This....I casually mentioned it to my rep and she said the initial returns on the survey were not favorable towards GA, and the front office was never really interested in doing it

21. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So then the survey was done for no reason other than to make people argue on Facebook over nothing?

They probably just wanted something to laugh at. Can't really fault them.

buzzkiller23 repped this.
  22. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Rep said they don't want to do it but would consider it if the survey results indicated the people did

23. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got a feeling we will never see the results, but we will be asked to complete a similar survey again in 2019, 2021, ...

24. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... trying to imagine the state of the SoB in 2021 after 4 more years of losing is pretty scary.

25. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    As long as it's GA the river end will be packed and crazy

buzzkiller23 and jaykoz3 repped this.