Alert: Where do you stand 2 years on?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by thebigman, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Wenger out?

1. yes

34 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. no

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Interesting. I would say that Arsenal's biggest non-injury issue this season is a lack of forward running off the ball, but we lead the league in goals scored.

831267703889477632 is not a valid tweet id

2. banco

banco Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If Coquelin was on that chart, he would have a crying Jordan face instead of a bar.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is the new thing in football atm

Which is why luiz and bonnera are so sort after

4. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ... because stats only tell part of the story.

5. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see your point, but I think this all comes down to what degree of control that Wenger has. From everything that I've read or heard, he has 100% control of player issues including who stays, who goes, who gets purchased, who gets loaned, where they get loaned, what the training is like, what they eat, etc. Again, from what I understand, the board bows to Wenger on all of this. So my suspicion is that Gazidis has zero control over these things, but has a plan of how he'd like to run things when Wenger goes.

DutchCane repped this.
  6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cant beleive this thread is 15 months old lol

Obviously this manager issue will bot be resolved

bandwagongooner and DutchCane repped this.
  7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thebigman repped this.
  8. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Man couldn't spell for sh*t back then either! :ROFLMAO:

thebigman repped this.
  9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah he's fine, it was just his phone keyboard, that's all.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lmao i was on a pc then

I always gave zero fcuks

Looks like i talked some sense and some horrific garbage as well

11. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    £8.30m for this every year. He's a snake to take that amount of money with this production.

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hes shit

Its been this way fir ten years lol

Fifty repped this.
  13. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

14. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    I wasn't thinking this way before but it may be time to do a wholesale roster change. Between Alexis, Ozil and Ramsey that should get us at least nine figures GBP plus what we had to spend already. Ironically enough, Wenger is probably as good as anybody and better than most to spend it.

Strictly in terms of Wenger leaving, I think this is a more interesting situation that we've seen before, in that what would you guess to be the odds that Wenger is still manager for the first EPL fixture of next season. No better than one in three or four for me. Also, for the first time in his career, I don't think it's necessarily only his decision any more. I think Wenger and the club in general have truly exhausted their capacity for public relations and ability to manipulate the press. The defects are just too obvious at this point. If somehow Wenger does sign a new contract and says that he's going to be back, I'm not completely sure he'd even get away with it.

The English Hacker repped this.
  15. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's not leaving...ever. From today's press conference:

"No matter what I happens, I will manage next season, whether it’s here or somewhere else. That’s absolutely for sure."

16. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think our problem isn't in the stats. Its performance on a consistent basis and game control. The team lacks discipline tactically and mentally. The players are all too prepared to blame others and not look in the mirror. ie bottlejobs.

Fifty, DutchCane and Thezzaruz repped this.
  17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yea but u can argue the combination of players doesnt work as well as the calibur

The the fcuk goes with a 4231 vs a top european side? U are asking to be destroyed if they are superior which bayern are for EVERY POSITION

It was a horror show sexond half. Even if kos stays on we would of been beaten handily

The manager barely ever changes the shape of the team and doesnt have the players to dominate sides like we used to

The fact he is still here is ludicrous

Seasons outside the cl have not hurt chavs too much so i hope we do finish out the top 4 and he leaves

He has to

18. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    This is the most pressure I've seen for Wenger out. On a personal level, my pal told me today he doesn't think he will leave because after a Divorce and an already grown up kid, Arsenal is all he has? Sounds like a Walter White theory.

regardless he should go to save his name and legacy. I would applaud him and cry even when he does because it's goodbye finally. But it needs to happen.

DutchCane and mebeSajid repped this.
  19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If he stays cus of that hes a selfish CNUT

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My thoughts exactly.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  21. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    I think that's a shade too far.

Arsene is a legend but Arsenal are never going to win the big trophies with him. Hell, they may never win the big trophies with ANYONE. But I think he's got to go so we can find out.

22. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read what he said in that press conference, and he can go ******** himself. If he leaves to go somewhere else it's going to be a massive ego hit when he can only get some mid-tier French club.

Fifty repped this.
  23. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Counterpoint- Wenger could do the merry-go-round at top 20 clubs for the next 15 years and earn 10m per year doing it.

He'll get Ancelotti treatment if he leaves, though Ancelotti has way more success in Europe. Wenger could bounce around from big club to big club for a long time and when that's no longer possible, could do a stint in the middle east, China or the States and get super paid.

24. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming Wenger does walk*, I suppose we'll learn this summer exactly how the rest of the football world interprets his value in the open market.

I personally will be stunned if a world class team tries to sign him up. I could see a Basel or a Shalke or Monaco type team go after him (I'm not sure what the coaching situation is at any of these teams. I'm talking more about where they sit in the footballing hierarchy today, and less about whether they have a competent coach or not). I doubt Wenger would be interested in the 2-3 year rotating door jobs at a mega club like Real or Barca anyhow.

*All I can do is assume he'll walk, because if he signs another 2 year deal I'm likely going to take a 2 year break from Arsenal.

Fifty and footykid repped this.
  25. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I could see Wenger going to Barca (they've certainly signed enough people from Arsenal), or the likes of Milan/Inter/Roma.

DutchCane repped this.