Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Figured I could add to this thread. This past weekend took a vacation to Hawaii. Being in OKC had to fly on from there to Denver then Denver to LA then to Hawaii. During my layover in Denver i started noticing alot of same dressed young men in some sort of soccer kit. Turned out to be the MLS Colorado Rapids going to LA for a game. My girlfriend asked if they were any good and I shrugged and looked it up. Turned out they are dead last and I kind of laughed it off and said they must have a hell of a keeper with their negative goal differential. We then boarded the plane and all of the players started boarding economy next to myself. Then I see coming into first class is good ole Tim Howard. I couldn't help but laugh in reflection of my earlier comments.

That being said I noticed a younger lad I thought I recognized and once I got a moment to look up their roster it turned out it was former LFC defender Danny Wilson. Poor lad.

Wingtips1, newterp and el-capitano repped this.
  2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  3. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ...Bournemouth are ready to listen to offers for English winger Jordon Ibe, 23...

Good thing we put that buy-back clause in the contract...

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  4. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  5. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ibe is a one-trick pony. Not even a really good trick, at that.

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  7. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Torres retires
    1141934249362124801 is not a valid tweet id

8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he scored some fantastic goals for us, we developed him into the most feared striker in the world. some great memories. shame we never got to see him in his pomp, alongside Suarez with Stevie feeding them chances.

delaynomo repped this.
  10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #935 Red Bird, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Agreed. His best performances were with Liverpool despite going on to trophy glory at the chavs where he looked as unhappy as KIng Lear. Gillette and Hicks have a lot to answer for robbing us of the opportunity of seeing Suarez and Torres (or maybe they already have by witnessing an epic swindle!)

LiverpoolFanatic and SamScouse repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    During his peak years Fernando Torres had a higher goalscoring ratio for Liverpool than other Premier League strikers including Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer AND Harry Kane

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-brilliant-scoring-ratio-Liverpool-peak.html

Across three season from 2007 until 2010, the Spaniard set a goalscoring ratio of 0.84 goals per 90 minutes in the Premier League, excluding penalties.

That level of consistency sets him apart from many other Premier League strikers, with the likes of Thierry Henry getting only 0.73 and Alan Shearer on 0.71 over their three best consecutive Premier League seasons.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still makes me sick to see him in Chelsea blue. :sick::sick::sick:

jeffcoop and SamScouse repped this.
  13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :(

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...t/news-story/d260c7a58fac52ef6ac7183ff2875894

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  15. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Torres was my favorite player even before going into Liverpool. I was ecstatic when Liverpool signed him and the relationship on field he developed with Gerrard was near telepathic. I was sad to see the blip of him going to Chelsea but I will always welcome him as a representative of Liverpool FC if he ever chooses to act like one.

16. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You could immediately tell that he’d realised what a dreadful mistake he had made in that first game against Liverpool. Heck, even at his signing he looked like unhappy.

17. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dozens upon dozens would say that. Maybe not Luis Suarez or Philippe Coutinho, but most of the England NT of the past 20 years and most of Liverpool's squads.

SamScouse repped this.
  18. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Telepathic is a perfect word. The two were remarkable together.

I was furious at Torres when he left and was delighted to see Agger level him when Liverpool first played Chelsea after the transfer. But my anger has largely dissipated over time, and I'm happy to welcome him back into the fold if he wants to participate in future club events.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rafa is leaving Newcy. I have mixed feelings about this. He's worked wonders with a very thin squad, and deserves better than working for a dick like Ashley. On the other hand, if Newcy end up as a clone of MC (very likely) with unlimited funds, he would have built a hell of a team.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48746689

StiltonFC repped this.
  20. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  21. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Shows what an utter shambles of a football club Newcy is at the moment. How Ashley hasn't handed him 50m and full control is beyond me. They've not spent any money lately, they certainly don't have many players on big wages, and they've not invested in infrastructure (academy, stadium, etc.), so the amount of money Ashley must be taking out at the moment has to be stratospheric.

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the damn shame of it all is - if that billionaire Arab does buy Newcy, his strategy will pay off beautifully.

23. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wingtips1 repped this.
  24. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Was he not just appealing for the corner?

25. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought he was just disgusted at himself for not playing a simple ball across for a tap in.