Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    To be fair, he's basically guaranteed to win 5 of the next 6 serie a titles and will likely have at least one opportunity to win the CL again. It's not like he has joined some club in China.

CB-West repped this.
  2. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...als-daughters-love-former-club-Liverpool.html

idreamofpikas, jeffcoop and Wingtips1 repped this.
  4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

what?

5. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    partially liverpool football club's fault for allowing a player to reach a stage where he can bosman out on a free.....the fact that he went to Juve does not negate the fact that at some point he must have indicated he will sign /would sign

Personally I did not consider him as part of our 'A team' in that he was inconsistent in his execution and frustrating in his approach

6. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Problem is/was ,Don that the club can neither force a player re-sign nor can it sell him without the player giving the okay. Can was offered a new deal at Lpool .
    He purposely ran down his contract in order to cash in on a big pay day which he has now got.
    The thing that really irks me is that Can has denied the club any kind of compensation for nurturing and developing him these past five seasons . He's gone down a lot in my estimation and I couldn't care less about the guy now.

delaynomo, Wingtips1 and SamScouse repped this.
  7. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Farewell to my buddy Emre, an occasionally brilliant and sometimes maddening player during his time at LFC. We'll never know the details of what went wrong in the contract negotiations. I understand speaker's frustration, but I'll still miss him.

Attached Files:

el-capitano repped this.
  8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he wanted:

1) a lot more money, or a release clause that was easily met
    2) guarantees that he would be a starter

barring that - a new "challenge" and a nice payday made it an easier decision

9. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    If a player does not sign a contract in his penultimate year, then there is a high probability that he will leave on a free so the only option would be to put the player up for sale before the last year of the contract and keep in reserves......true a player can refuse to sign for another club and just keep fit until his time is up.....the opportunity given to Can could've been given to a youth/fringe player within a similar age group although can looked accomplished for his age, it's a gamble either way

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    right on.

11. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yep, that's pretty much it and Dave Maddock points out the money part in this tweet.

Anyone wondering why Emre Can left Lfc for Juventus: he will be earning a minimum £11m a year for the first two years of a four year contract in Italy. That's £220,000 a week, which would have made him Liverpool's highest earner. By some distance.

No way would Lpool pay him that much , he's good but not that good .

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    YNWA Jose:

[​IMG]

jeffcoop repped this.
  13. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    José Enrique - YNWA

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! Good luck Jose.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  17. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He was actually willing to sign a new contract, a contract less than what he is on at Juve, but he wanted a release fee which the club said no to, either the price was too low or it was just a flat no.

I don't think this is a cash out, Emre's a confident lad, in his mind there is zero doubt about him starting at Juve. And when I look at the competition we will have next season for midfield along with how Lucas, Alberto and Suso have all shined in Italy I imagine he will have no problem fitting in and think he has probably made the right choice.

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think it was definitely a cash out .He could have signed a new contract with Lpool then let us sell him and I'm sure there would still have been interest from the likes of Juve tho the transfer fee would eliminate any huge signing bonus..At least then Lpool could have recouped some cash from the sale.
    However he chose to run his deal down then go the free agent route getting a massive signing on bonus into the bargain.

Good luck to him , he's looked out for #1

Imagine if every player did that.

19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where have you and you're (I dont mind them at all) views gone?

you certainly aren't on RAWK unless its a new name.

idreamofpikas repped this.
  20. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I had the use of a season ticket the last two seasons so all of my views are usually said at some point in the 5 hours of traveling back and forth from the ground. I still check in occasionally and popped in the other day to find out the awful news about about Bob, really lovely special guy.

I don't really post a lot, I gave Klopp a whole year before really forming an idea on his tactics and overall strategy, I didn't want to judge or over analyze him too early so it meant less opinions as I slowly got to know him as a coach.

And last year was just beautiful, tactics, transfer strategy, boardroom backing, use of the squad, bringing in the youth getting rid of certain players. Maybe not as exciting as Rodgers 2nd place or as uplifting as Rafa's 2nd place but oddly more satisfying, more stable but also less reason to vent, which apart from defending Gerrard, Carra or even Babel, is what most of my posts were about.

jeffcoop, Wingtips1, speker and 3 others repped this.
  21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well good to have you back- post more.

idreamofpikas and CB-West repped this.
  22. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  23. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  24. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Stoke City have signed winger Tom Ince from Huddersfield Town for an initial fee of £10m, which could rise to £12m.

The 26-year-old has agreed a four-year contract with the Championship club and is Gary Rowett's fifth signing since he took charge of the Potters in May.

Ince previously played under Rowett at Derby, before the son of former England star Paul joined Huddersfield in 2017.

"I've had the fortune to work with Tom before and he's a terrifically talented player," Rowett told Stoke's website.

"He's very strong technically and can play anywhere across the front three, but he's particularly good from the right-hand side. His record in the Championship speaks for itself."

Former Liverpool trainee Ince, whose previous clubs include Blackpool and Hull City, had two years left on his deal with the Terriers.

He scored 37 goals in 105 league appearances for Derby between February 2015 and July 2017, having initially joined the Rams on loan from Hull.