Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because a friend isn't just some person who you send text messages to or maybe you know a couple of people in common and you send them cards at Christmas.

I have 3 male friends, people that I would do just about anything for, short of murder. I know several more guys who would be willing to take me to the airport or help me move if I asked and there was pizza, but that isn't a likelihood.

When I was single, I had half a dozen golf buddies, but I wouldn't consider them friends because the only time we got together was to play golf. After I got married, that element of my life faded away over time.

So, yeah, I don't have many friends, but I have a handful of really good friends.

2. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    My post may have been misconstrued somewhat as it was just an assumption based on your replies and was never intended to 'call you out' as it were

It's pretty obvious that people have their own interpretation of what friends are and some may fall in the acquaintance category or maybe just people you know that you share no affection or personal regard.....according to report I remember reading (cannot remember any details of the source) but most people have 3 to 5 close friends and the rest are not real so to speak

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Latest new from the Keeping Track of Idiots desk ....

Jermaine Pennant, 10 years ago a Champions League finalist, has found a new home after his release by Bury, with big-spending Isthmian League outfit Billericay Town.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    presuming he hasn't pissed all his money away - some players just don't want to hang up the boots

5. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Pennant....a player that possessed so much natural ability yet failed on so many levels

SamScouse repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We'll always have that goal against the plastics...

Sir Niney repped this.
  7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I remember you explaining that I think once, but have long forgotten what it meant....

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He played in a Champions League final... he has that much to say....

Played well that day too.

btw/ didn;t he have some kind of gambling problem?

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

GHreat great goal that one. Th emargin for error on applying that power was huge given the closeness of the bounce to his body

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ******** - that was subliminal madness from zaq...

two terms that CANNOT go together in one word

GHreat ..... ughh ... shake it off, zaq, shake it off.....

11. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jordon Ibe
    Singled out because he is Bournemouth’s second biggest signing in their history, and he has been dire almost from minute one. Still, at least Ibe created his second chance in the Premier League in 2017 on Saturday. He’s still only had one shot on target in the league since joining the club in July 2016. Ouch.

12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where the hell did it go wrong for him (apart from between the ears)? In Klopp's 3/4 of a first season he at least looked dangerous.

13. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Another strange one to file under going from Scary to Canary.....

14. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's very simple, really. he has only one "trick". he's quick and strong, but he's not deft or crafty.

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Former Newcastle and Liverpool defender José Enrique has retired from football after persistent knee-knack, baffling observers who assumed Brendan Rodgers had done the job for him in 2015. “Sometimes I got dizzy in training, I was on so much medication,” yelped Enrique.

16. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    He was a good player but we never had the opportunity to witness his strengths.....unfortunately his injuries were too much for him

17. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice bit of work by Jordon Ibe to set up Bournemouth's leveling goal against Brighton.

18. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is that his first goal/assist for Bournemouth?

19. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two assists for ibe today

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ibe is going by "Jordon" on his jersey.

21. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These were Ibe's first two assists for Bournemouth, and he has yet to score for them. But he was definitely a difference-maker today--the game was transformed when he came on.

22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #648 zaqualung, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    except that the statistic model you are using likely isn't representative, as the friends are likely a circle of sorts and therefore in direct modes of communication with one another and therefore far likelier to repeat the well reviewed places the others have been to.

23. Kuyt, the movie is out:

[​IMG]
    De hoofdrolspeler bij de première van KUYT met zijn vrouw Gertrude (r), zijn kinderen en in het midden Deborah van Dam, de regisseuse van de film. © ANP Kippa
    [​IMG]
    © ANP

ryered, el-capitano, jeffcoop and 2 others repped this.
  24. There was a scene in the movie that he goes to Liverpool with a friend to watch a match and he gets a phone call from his little son, who wants a few Liverpool items. So they go to a huge fan shop. It was amazing, given he left the club about 6 years ago. When they walked to the shop, people from all over the world wanted to make selphies with him and when they had bought the stuff for his kid, the manager suggested they should take the back door instead of trying to get outside through the shop. He's unbelievable popular still after all those years.
    The surprise on the faces of the people from as far as Australia/New Zealand to see him there and get the chance to get themselves on a photo with him! The big smile on their faces was priceless.

Sir Niney, jeffcoop and ryered repped this.