Where are the WIZARDS going to play next season?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Doo Daa, Nov 16, 2006.

1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, it wasn't. it answered the question of my assumption... that's it.

this it did.

this it did not do. how you can get this sort of information out of two words must be a gift from the heavens... or telepathy maybe. more likely, however, this is the result of you having prior knowledge and unwittingly assuming that everyone else could deduce the same details and intent out of sam's two words. while what you say about the situation could be true, for anyone not closely associated with ongoal to learn all that from what sam said would be nothing short of extremely presumptuous.

2. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    By saying emphatically that the beer and alcohol sales are not the determining factor, Sam was clearly implying that there were other more important factors.

I don't think it's very difficult to infer that from his post at all. Inference. It's a good thing.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But does this thread really need action? I mean, other than make each other mad, and get frustrated, what - exactly - can we really do at this point other than wait for the team to tell us where they're playing?

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Typing on a Blackberry while driving in traffic can be an experience.*

* Note: I don't have a Blackberry, so I'm really just guessing ;)

5. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only traffic that Sam's in right now is between the beach and the hotel...

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That will be me next week, except I can walk from the hotel to the beach :D

7. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't say it wasn't foot traffic... those vendors can be dangerous... :)

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i said forum... this just happened to be one thread. you're free to not read it if you don't want to.

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your condescending tone is not appreciated.

10. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Neither is your overly negative, "sky is falling" attitude about anything and everything temp stadium related.

If the stadium is a piece of trash when we actually see it, then I'd be fine with bashing it. But expecting a crap stadium and talking about it like it's already a huge failure can only serve to fuel the shitstorm that we're going to hear from the rest of the fans around the league for the next two years. Whether you've intended it to or not, every post you've made that addresses the temp stadium over the last two weeks has come off as extremely pessimistic.
    As a Wizards "fan", you should of course be expecting and demanding the best. But at this point you should also be supporting the team/organization and not stirring up crap long before we at the very least know the specifics of the situation, and preferably not until we've actually seen the stadium itself.

As was said to you in another thread where this topic had come up: If you had been at the season ticket holder's meeting the other night, you would know that the intent of the organization and ownership is to do this up right in every way possible. I don't think it's too much to ask that the fan base gives them the benefit of the doubt that they will actually follow through with that.

11. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    And this isn't condescending?

[​IMG]

12. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "sky is falling" attitude? nothing like a little hyperbole, i guess. yeah, i'll admit i'm pessimistic about some of the things, notably the ticket price structure, but other than that i haven't said anything that other people on this board haven't said as well. the problem here is that you started reading all of my posts with this preconceived notion that i'm pessimistic about everything, so it's not a surprise that you came to this type of conclusion.

not at all. i wasn't making myself seem superior to him.

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe you two can take this to PMs, as this negative crap is not helping.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agree

15. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't call it extremely presumptuous. I would call it knowing Sam for several years. Perhaps Sam could have been more verbose, mellifluous and discursive in his reply, but time was of the essence. Chad's response may have assumed knowledge that you didn't have, but for those of us who know Sam - his response spoke volumes beyond the two words.

16. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I was hoping the last couple posts were the end of the argument.

It's not often I unsubscribe to anything in the Wizards forum, but I'm sure when this thread becomes relevant again, I'll hear the news.

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. rhymeorreason

rhymeorreason Member

Nov 16, 2004
    OPKS
    And then, if OnGoal fails, we'll be more than happy to introduce you to the people to whom you'll need to speak.

Some of us are fully behind this. I respect the opinion of everyone who is taking a wait and see attitude. I feel frustrated, however, when people who haven't been engaged and who are Wizards fans to take a "this is horrible" attitude.

If you have that attitude and have been engaged, I apologize but I'd like to hear when and where you've been engaged.

There are a large number of people in the Wizards front office, the Cauldron, HASF, and the Crusaders that are working very hard to make the next two seasons the best possible experience.

I cannot recommend strongly enough that if you think these two coming seasons are going to be "bad" that you get involved with either the Cauldron, the Crusaders, or HASF. Your help and passion is needed in a constructive manner with these groups.

19. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said Brad, thank you!!

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to rhymeorreason again"

Can anyone help a brother out?

20. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
  21. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think you all misinterpreted KCSC's post. I dont really seem them as pessimistic. He is just being realistic and posting some concerns. He is a loyal fan just as we all are and he loves this team just as much as any cauldronite.

Your last paragraph makes the assumption that you need to be a member of one of the organizations you listed to be helpful and be passionate about this team. That isnt true. I respect what each and everyone of those groups do. But there are other groups of people that are just as passionate about the team. Just because we dont have an official name or have formed an organization doesnt mean we dont care just as much.

We all post here because we have a common passion and love. No need to crucify someone for posting some concerns about the upcoming seasons. You should be glad that he cares enough to be concerned in the first place. We need more of that.

22. rhymeorreason

rhymeorreason Member

Nov 16, 2004
    OPKS
    Two points:

1) My deepest apologies if it appeared as if I was attempting to "crucify" anyone. I am incredibly glad that everyone is posting their concerns here, although I feel we could all perhaps be more civil and constructive in how we talk to each other.

Then again, this is an internet forum, so ...

2) I was not saying that the only way to "be helpful and passionate" about the team was to join the Cauldron, the Crusaders, or HASF. I can't, because I spent six years as Wizards fan "GDI" before I married into the Crusaders and.

The point I was trying to get across is that it seems that individuals who are trending more positive are involved in one of these organizations. Based on that - and my own experience, I'm willing to say that individuals involved in the three groups are getting more information directly from employees and owners of OnGoal than people who are just posting on the boards.

I don't want to make any attempt to link passion and helpfulness to affiliation with any formal group associated with the Wizards. However, there are three benefits to consider:
    A) Access to information from OnGoal staff and owners
    B) Opportunity to provide immediate and direct feedback to OnGoal staff and owners, or provide feedback to representatives of these organizations recognized by OnGoal
    C) Fellowship and camaraderie with the like-minded members of those organizations

I don't believe any of these organizations or OnGoal will succeed if the supporters groups are just filled with "Kool-Aid drinkers". In this sense, I've never been a Kool-Aid drinker and love it when people bring Newcastle, Glenlivet, a good Shiraz, some ICB's, 2-liters of pop, etc. to the party.

Don't underestimate the fact that your posts and everyone else's are recorded on these boards. Let's all keep up the good work and communication.

23. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i love the kool-aid man but with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage that he has caused over the years he needs to have a positive outlet for his destructive behaviors and the cauldron may be the place for him since he is too old now to play professional sports.

plus we get a trademarked slogan to go along with his presence, and instead of nick getting sent off the field for a foul kool-aid man can bust through the breaking away player and disintegrate him by the impact of force from when he collides with him (making sure that he gets to break something every now and again)

third kool-aid man can make sure that even during our down trodden periods that we seem to have every year he can brighten our spirits but tipping over with a little drinkie drink and brighten our tough outing, even Ben would stop crying from kool-aid mans bright smile and cool drink all we have to do is provide the vodka since kool-aid man has been going to AA for some time now. we wont even need to worry about someone putting rat poison in the drink because he will be there to guard his good name, and drink:D

24. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, at least you've improved on your spelling.

25. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i spell checked before i sent it:cool:
    i figured it had to be sone because of the lack of sleep and low brain functioning due to it

i had t cut it short since the repair man just showed up to tell me there is nothing wrong now and theres nothing he could do:rolleyes: