Where are the games being played?

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Joga_Bonito_ATX, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Joga_Bonito_ATX

Joga_Bonito_ATX New Member

May 6, 2008
    Austin,Tx
    I was just wondering where the games were going to be played this season?:confused:

2. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the season doesn't start till next April soo Rawlins and co. have plenty of time ta finally make a decision.

But House Park is the fan favorite, and of course if hell froze over we might end up playing in Meyers.

But really their is no word, as of yet.

3. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, Both of those stadiums would be great for you guys. House would probably be better unless you show that you outgrew it. Still, can't wait for next season.

4. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of all likely hood it should, and will be, House because University of Texas is such a Banal lot when it comes to even the mention of a thought related to "renting a UT facility.

Rawlins and Co: Can our knew, professional, local club rent your field for one day of the week, until we can build our own Stadia.

UT Athletic Depart: F**k off ya vandals (huddles over the state of the art turff) your scaring our fake grass.

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Myers is real grass.

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well scuse the crap out a me ;). And let me rephrase the Ut Antheltic Dpt. response.

UT Athletic Dpt: No you can not rent it this next spring, even for one day, because that one day you speek of, Saturday, is when we have our UT Athletic Staff putt putt tournament practice, (insert haughty laugh).

7. sprovi

sprovi New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Where I breathe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This club must have a lot of cash to build multiple "stadia," most teams have the need to build just a single stadium. Stadia, my friend, is the plural form of stadium. Not trying to be a smart-ass here. Just go ahead and call me the fancy-word police.

;)

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read our boards for a while, you'll notice that Alejo has creative spelling.

9. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh well again, scuse the crap outta me.

And as far as I know Rawlins and co. in the near future are going to try and build a Stadium, singular, for the general purposes of the Aztex squads. And the sooner the better I say.

10. Barbaro

Barbaro Member

Roma
    United States
    May 3, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or maybe they will build stadia, one for the first division team, one for the PDL squad and maybe youth tournaments.
    Yeah, that's the plan...

11. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a guess, but I would imagine that any purpose built facilities for the Aztex will include a primary pitch which will be used for matches, and senior team training sessions. Additionally, there would be an additional pitch that would be close that would be used for the Academy matches and/or training sessions. If the organization grows the way I've heard them verbalize, in 5 years they'll have USL1, PDL, Women's and at least one Academy squad. So figure matches, practice sessions, plus any potential revenue from renting out to other football organizations, 2 fiels would almost be a requirement.

12. Madmartigen

Madmartigen Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Elgin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see a whole facility like Pizza Hut park in Dallas. I just hope it won't be as far out as Frisco is to Dallas. But 17 pitches? That would be outstanding. I agree, though that they should probably have 2 Stadia.At the very least, 1 Stadium and 1 or 2 extra pitches nearby.

How's my spelling? (Please don't check my grammar!)

13. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    As far as I can tell, UT hardly uses that stadium. They apparently don't have a men's soccer team, anymore, either. Maybe they will be more open to leasing it now than they were a few years ago.

14. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knock On Wood When U Say That!!!.

15. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't that be something.
    Edit: referring to Barbaro's comment. Hey, I'm a little behind here, gimme a break.

16. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UT never had a men's soccer team.

They've only ever had a rec/club team.

If you're referring to Myers stadium, it's always ever been used the same amount since it was built. UT had a women's soccer team for a couple years before Myers was built. It was built for the soccer team and track. Primarily for that big track and field event in the spring that I've forgotten the name of at the moment.

That being said, it's used more than Daryl K. Royal Memorial Stadium. I expect that the track is open to the student all other times, like Memorial stadium was before they got rid of the track there and added seats.

17. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    all i know is that i hate round rock.

18. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    The track stadium was built so that they could remove the track from the precious football field.

19. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it'll probably never happen, but I was looking at some immages of myers on yahoo and in my own mind I saw "The Hearth" being right their in Section 1, the closest to the track and the pitch proper. And also can u guys just immagin the Tifo, and banners, we could be inspired to make by a stadium called "mike myers".

Think spoofs on "Austin Powers" with Austin reffering to the city as well as the man. :D

20. willyaddy

willyaddy New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Austin
    Myers will never come into play. It took a lot to get the Erwin Center for the now extinct Wranglers. UT doesn't need the money. History, prior to Myers UT had a beautiful pitch where the bubble is now.

As reference to how many fields it would take for certain things. Aztex build a Stadium, it won't be used for training unless they install field turf. However I could see some turf training grounds and a beautiful grass field for matches. So to begin they need 2 pitches, training and game. FYI, I heard this somewhere, it takes 4 acres of land to support a soccer pitch. Parking etc. So for a complex we are talking potentially 15-20 acres for all things. That is pretty hard to find for a good price in Austin. I do believe that Pflugervilleish, East Austin, Manorish hold the key to the complex woes.

South Austin isn't an option.

21. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

22. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sez the man from Bastrop;)

23. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YEAH SEZ ME.:p

24. willyaddy

willyaddy New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Austin
    Southern Pflugerville isn't too bad, but I know there is land in the 290/183 area that is probably workable. Nelson Field(Reagan HS) isn't a bad location but the stadium seats way to many. The stadium needs to seat or have ability to expand to about 8-10k and be either a complete rectangle or oval IMO.

25. Habitat

Habitat New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Thought its on turf?