When will you learn? Please stream MLS games!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by tomásbernal, Nov 2, 2007.

1. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm writing because I'm frustrated. I have recently become a fan of MLS soccer, but I have found that it's nearly impossible for me to watch any games since I don't live in the US. I can, however, find many streamed games on the internet from lesser leagues in the world such as the UAE league, the Romanian league, the Ukrainian league, the Russian league, the Danish league, the Swiss league, the Polish league, etc. Not to mention I can watch just about any 2 Bundesliga game, and many second division English games and Spanish games. Why is it that fans of all those other leagues can manage to stream their games on many different sources such as Sopcast, TVants, TVU, etc, etc, etc, but MLS fans, of which there are a considerable number (and I would venture to guess that there are more of them than Danish league fans), almost never stream games, with the exception of one guy who occasionally streams Galaxy games? Where's the love for those of us who A)don't have the money to pay for the games on MLSnet.tv, and B)live outside the US? Come on guys, if you want the world to take notice of the MLS we have to see the damn games! Please, please, please, someone, ANYONE, learn how to stream the games, stream them, and notify us about them. I know there are some computer/internet-savvy folks out there. Let's see some solidarity! Thanks for listening to my rant.

2. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have neither the experiance nor the the means. Maybe someone else does.

3. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I didn't realize people were taking out mortgages for MLSLive.

4. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Ok, here is the real answer.

MLSLive.tv is freakin' cheap. $20 for a whole season. As far as I know, no other top level league a) Offers such a service (but often the individual clubs do), and b) such services often cost a lot more than $20 for a season (more like $15-20 a game).

So you are much more likely to find other league's on those P2P TV things because there really is no cheap alternative to watch every game online in those leagues. In MLS we are lucky cause well, most of us can afford $20 for a season of MLSLive.tv and the cut the price in half after much of the season is over.
    Isn't it like $10 now?

I spent that on lunch.

5. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That a big reason i think people dont go nuts for streaming, because anyone with internet access can pay $20 for an entire year to get almost every single game and the playoffs. So peopel just do that instead of going through the hassle of set up a streaming thing.

Just guessing.

6. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Can you even do MLSLive outside the US (serious question, I don't know)?

7. Buckscounty Mark

Dec 6, 2006
    Quakertown, Pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have FSC! I can watch tomorrow's game! Thanks!

9. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Yes, you can.
    That is how many of our UK friends watch.

10. MarkRFC_

MarkRFC_ New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Reading, England
    I'm from the UK so I rely on the internet to watch games, so what I do is:
    - Get www.mlslive.tv
    - Visit www.myp2p.eu regularly and post on the forums to find links

I've missed very few matches this way

11. CHI_TOWN_BALLA

Dec 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHOAH! Thanks for the link! Im watchin Liverpool vs. someone else right now!

12. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Original poster: Watch the games with torrents, you will be able to see almost every game in MLS that way.

ehhh, that could be a problem. FSC was available the first few months of 07 online until someone on BigSoccer made a thread about it. It was shut down shortly thereafter. FSC doesn't play around with their feed being shown online. Watch it while it lasts.

13. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

That someone else is Blackburn which ex-DC United player, Ryan Nelsen just so happens to be the captain of.

14. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And American Brad Friedel is keeper. And unrelated, they have Roque Santa Cruz!

15. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    And their goalkeeper is ex-Columbus Crew Brad Friedel.

16. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    I currently live outside the US and though I don't subscribe to the MLSLive.tv streaming video (it's available to me, I just don't have a good enough connection for it) I do subscribe to the audio feed (~$5 a season)...

17. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there an internet feed for the Chivas/Wizards game?

18. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle