When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by SCP_16, Oct 28, 2016.

?

When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

1. In the next couple of weeks

16.7%
  2. When the season is over

66.7%
  3. If he doesn't win his next game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never. BDC is a JJ homer

16.7%
  1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That right there says it all. Why Overpay for these foreign scrubs when we have much more upside on our youth side? Benfica had no choice but to play guys like Guedes and Nelsinho and look how they're playing. JJ doesn't like to lose and he doesn't want to take any chances.

Vic is spot on.

BatatasFritas repped this.
  2. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    @SCP_16 Still avoiding my question.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know. I haven't spoken or met with any potential candidates. As far as possibilities, you have AVB, Jardim (I know he's at Monaco), Rui Jorge, or an abundance of foreign coaches who aren't employed.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know. I haven't spoken or met with any potential candidates. As far as possibilities, you have AVB, Jardim (I know he's at Monaco), Rui Jorge, or an abundance of foreign coaches who aren't employed.

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Ok one last thing on coaches. I bet you that if we swapped coaches, NES would do better at Sporting and JJ would get a bunch on Barcelona B rejects in Porto and run up the score vs all the minnows. Andre Silva would be loaned out to Toulouse or Blackburn.

JoseEmidio and SCP_16 repped this.
  6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Tell that to your boy @AlexMiguel. He doesn't seem to have a grip on contemporary soccer coaches. JJ never has a plan B, he keeps allowing William to take PKs, he's three games too late on figuring out his starting lineup, he loans all of our young prospects put and purchases garbage talent from Brazil, etc. Idk. Can't be hard to find a coach who can perform better than that.

7. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I actually coach a rep team in Australia. I'm two licences from a Pro License and I'm only 27. What I've learnt from my years in coaching that different styles/approaches can be successful, whether you agree with them or not. JJ might not promote youth and maybe not adapt well to the big games in Europe but he has proven to be a winner in Portugal. All I've been asking from you is to name a coach who would DEFINITELY (not maybe) do better in terms of results and make Sporting more competitive.

It's ok the claim that you want him out but what's your plan B? I know if Porto got rid of NES, I'd love to get AVB back. If you want a coach to focus on youth development, which is something Sporting has done for a while but have largely struggled to be competitive, that's your choice as a supporter.

8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was asked time and time again in Benfica forums and come to find out it was Rui Victoria.

Point is, there's someone hungry for a chance with a major club. It's up to the powers that be to find it.

eurodad and theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Exactly. Anyone can go in there and end the season without silverware. Anyone can go in there and consistently have William take PKs and miss. Anyone can talk all the shit they want and still choke. Anyone can loan out our best players and fill our squad up with overpriced scrubs. Finding an improvement over JJ really shouldn't be that hard at this point.

eurodad repped this.
  10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Maybe it's being avoided because it's impossible to answer? How can you DEFINITELY say anyone is going to do better. There's no guarantee guardiola or mourinho would do better

JoseEmidio repped this.
  11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Who are these amazing loan players we have? Jonathan silva? The guy that doesn't want to be here and was hot garbage when he played? Podence? The guy literally two weeks ago you said wasn't good enough but now all of a sudden he's the missing piece? Someone even said Gauld, who can't even get game time at setubal.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    True. Not even sure we have a team to win anything this year to be honest.

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Jonathan Silva is a massive step up from Zeegl-shit and the always hurt Jefferson. I wouldn't want to be here if I was being benched for crap like Marvin too. Did I say Podence was the missing piece? Where did I say that? I didn't say Gauld either. But interested to see how Iuri or Mattheus would've played.

Did watch today's game? Do you watch any games? JJ put out a bullsh*t lineup with 5 defenders and our attack in the final third was amateur.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol why are you pretending you've seen Jonathan play recently?

15. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I want him at Benfica, a Rui/Rui double team :):).

16. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rui Vitória has been HUGE, I don't think even he thought he would do so well so quickly :thumbsup:

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Have you seen Zeegelaar play recently?

18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    JJ is a good coach but not as good as he thinks he is. He will set up his team and will not have a plan B if the game at half time is not going as planned. He has gotten out coached on many an occasion in Europe and unable to answer. He has no patients with young Portuguese players (unless he has no choice).
    I said for years that many other coaches in Portugal could have at the very least been as successful coaching Benfica (with the players he had), not only that, some would have done better. JJ leaving Benfica and Victoria coming in was a perfect test. A test that proved me 100 % correct.
    I think the coach JJ replaced would have been a better option. This is not a dig on Sporting. This is just an honest opinion.

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bump.

If he loses the league, he's done.

20. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Last night was utterly embarassing, a culmination of poor tactics, poor signings, the refusal to change things earlier on in the game cost us european football. All of this while benfica scrape through to the last 16 and porto smash leicester to get through while we dont even make the europa league.

However, im trying to stay positive and IF (and its a big if) we can go on to win the league all will be forgiven. Without european football we have no distractions and an easier schedule than benfica and porto. Which means less time rotating the squad and playing shit like markovic and hopefully we have a chance. But to stand any chance we dimply have to win this weekend and strengthen in january or else it will all end in tears for JJ

21. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    The risk is what happened with Benfica that one year. Lost in Europe to save players for the Porto game that weekend. Well we were out of Europe, lost to Porto and lost the league.
    Dont get me wrong, Im not saying that Benfica will win this weekend. Benfica are not playing well right now (especially our captain...) what Im saying is that JJ never learns from his mistakes.......

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Al of this is true. All of it. That year he lost to Porto, he made it far in the 2011 semis of Europa League and Finals of the 2013 Europa League, so I'll give him that. But man, he hasn't done much and those teams were stacked with talent.

24. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The year the Kelvin brought Jesus to his knees was his worse year. He was so close to winning it all and just couldn't win anything.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bump. Please fire this bum. He's costing us 6 million a year.