When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by SCP_16, Oct 28, 2016.

?

When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

1. In the next couple of weeks

16.7%
  2. When the season is over

66.7%
  3. If he doesn't win his next game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never. BDC is a JJ homer

16.7%
  1. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He would if he were going anyway half decent, but it’s only Al Hilal he’ll be just fine

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He'll get exposed to the biggest contract of his life

3. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can't win big games.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This dude was the catalyst for SCP's failure. BDC invested too much into this cocksucker.

vilafria repped this.
  5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If the rumours are true, the more I think about it, as crazy as it sounds, Sa Pinto might work.

We're probably going for the Conceicao effect, hopefully his tactics have improved but he could be the guy that can get everyone on the same page.

At least we wouldnt be spending 7M on him.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Tbh I don't mind Sa Pinto either. Not a great coach, but cheap and it's not like we'll be fighting to win anything in the next couple of years anyways. All a rebuild stage at this point and Sa Pinto is a good one to lay down the ground work.

7. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I can only echo what both of you have said. He’s not the most amazing choice but in our current situation we’re not going to be challenging for anything anytime soon so he seems a logical choice. It’s a shame Daniel Podence is being a nob about his contract because I’d love to see someone come in and build a team around our younger players such as him, Chico, mane, Matheus even Ryan Gauld

vilafria repped this.
  8. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can you clarify what you mean by rebuilding? Do you mean by playing our academy players and letting them grow?

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I mean all our players want to leave and wr have to start from scratch. Our academy has been terrible since bdc took over, they arent good enough to play for Sporting. I expect a lot of investment in to cheaper south american and african players.

10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    but if BDC leaves, then players will stay. At least that's what's being reported.

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    True. I doubt he'll leave either way. Even if therr are elections i think he'll win.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #262 fdasilva, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    OFFICIAL: Al Hilal announce they have signed Jorge Jesus. The coach is rumoured to join on a contract of 7M a season.

[​IMG]

Quite possibly the most positive thing to happen in the last month or so.

The coach came with a lot of fanfare since we "stole" him from our rival, and although that first season was a record and we should have won the title, the last two have been nothing short of a failure, with just a league cup to show for the highest investment we've ever made.

At the same time, the coach leaves and we don't have to pay him (the assumption is that it was a mutual termination with no one having to pay).

13. Davido40SCP

Davido40SCP Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    JJ doest leave on mutual terms unless a situation liked this occurred: a rich club paying him more than what he was getting at Sporting. Seemed like they were destined to run out his contract as both sides didnt want to give on a buy out. Goes to show that he would rather make the same or a little bit more, within what would have been his last year on the contract, in a foreign league than work with BdC.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He's probably making more, labour laws are different, from what's been rumoured it will be 7M euros a year clean.

EDIT:
    this made me laugh

JoseEmidio repped this.
  15. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :D Running up and Down his Office pointing at the shelves to be stacked.

Isso é a vida, caro.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Confirmed by the club:

"A SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL – FUTEBOL, SAD vem, nos termos e para efeitos do cumprimento da obrigação de informação que decorre do disposto no artigo 248º, nº1 al. a) do Código dos Valores Mobiliários, informar o mercado que, nesta data, foi formalizada a revogação, por mútuo acordo, do contrato de trabalho celebrado entre a Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD e o treinador da equipa principal de futebol, Jorge Jesus, revogação que produzirá efeitos imediatos"

17. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I'm not a big JJ supporter but man oh man next season could be one of the worst ever.....Top players we cant replace jumping ship...and if the reports are true about Sa Pinto lord help us!

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ... or he has the Conceicao effect at Porto. He did have a good season with Standard Liege where they won the domestic cup.

Your right though, too many unknowns scare me.

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    time to close this thread. lol

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mihajlovic is the new coach apparently.

As a side note, JJ will go down as the worst manager in history at scp based off of expectation and wage. He is the true downfall of this club. Period.

vilafria repped this.
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well I didnt see a portuguese coach coming, we will see how this plays out. I hope he can work with what we have.

22. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I’ll obviously give him a chance , but Mihajlovic is a shocking appointment if true

23. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    JoseEmidio, AlexJones19 and SCP21 repped this.
  24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal