When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by SCP_16, Oct 28, 2016.

?

When Will Jesus Get Sacked?

1. In the next couple of weeks

16.7%
  2. When the season is over

66.7%
  3. If he doesn't win his next game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never. BDC is a JJ homer

16.7%
  1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Allowing William to take PKs, Starting/playing Elias, the lack of a decent wingback, sending Jonathan Silva out on loan, who's our best LB, playing Markovic, shitting the bed last season, etc. This dude is such a choker, he should be the next L.A. Dodgers coach.

2. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Why on earth did William take the penalty :ROFLMAO:

I'm not even mad I've just given up hope of this season. I'm not the kind of person to jump the gun and say let's sack him.. I think we need a bit of stability and have to accept that with the losses of Mario and Slim we simply aren't as good as benfica and even Porto this season, I know that is largely JJ's fault for not recruiting well enough but I'm willing to give him till the end of the season

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is text book JJ. Same shit he did at SLB. Nothing will change. Sack him.

4. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I completely get why yourself and many others want him gone, it's just my personal opinion. Like I said when adrien was nearly sold.. football fans are fickle. One minute someone can be hated and the next minute after a couple of good results they're loved.

I feel like that's the case with JJ. Yes we really should've won the league last season but we were very close and have to remember that the amount of points we finished with would've been enough the previous two years (I get that that might not mean anything to some people though). After that everyone was loving JJ but a few bad results at the start of this season and we're already calling for his head? Seems a bit rash to me

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No one was loving JJ after last year. He's the highest paid coach and runs his goddam mouth but shits the bed every year. He has zero silverware. ZERO. The money spent, the piss poor preparation and player selection, sending players on loan who should be playing, letting William take PKs when all he does is miss PKs every ********ing time. Sorry. I get it. You don't remember the last time sporting words the league. It's been 15 ********ing years. At some point, you need to win games and win the league. Especially when you make $6 million. Dude needs to be sacked.

6. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Wow! Talk about jumping the gun. You and Z jizzed your pants over JJ all of last season and after the performance against Real Madrid in the UCL.

JJ has proven himself in Portugal and last year at Sporting was no different. That was the best season Sporting had in about a decade and you guys are whinging. He is one of the best managers in Portugal. Who could Sporting hire to DEFINITELY do a better job? Not point in sacking him when the alternative is not better.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  7. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Can I ask what makes you think I don't remember the last time we won the league ?

Don't get me wrong I don't think he's doing an amazing job but I'd like to see a bit of stability and a coach given abit of time

8. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It's obvious we lost Mario and Slimani and the replacements haven't been up to scratch, but we started really sucking when Adrien got injured, that's no coincidence. The last two draws saw us creating very little opportunities, and I think that's because no one has been able to replace Adrien's influence.

Things should get better once he's back, at least until January where we address the full backs

JoseEmidio and AlexJones19 repped this.
  10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The dragon slayer was not replaced and JJ has massive frequent mental lapses in his judgement.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Still not sure why you keep assuming and claiming a bunch of shit that isn't true. I am not Z. He says what he says and does what he does, and I say what I say and do what I say. I didn't "jizz" myself over their performance vs Madrid. They lost. I praised the JJ hire initially, yes, but had no idea he would continuously allow William to take and miss PKs, shit the bed tactically, continuously start guys like Markovic and Zeegelaar, loan put some of our best talent, and ultimately, continue to ******** with the squad changes so often like he did at benfica. I must admit, I may have been wrong there. But in now way was I "Jizzing" my pants. I don't think you've even been a member here long enough to know what I said or didn't say so putting words in my mouth is a bit retarded. Even for your standard.. One thing I said for sure was that we needed Mitroglou and should've purchased him when we had the chance.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great, at least someone here gets it. Look, I know he's a decent coach, but his judgement has been piss poor and he has no way of responding to adversity. Period. He has no idea how to correct his mistakes, and there are plenty with this headcase. Yes, losing Adrien is huge. But benfica has and did have half their team out due to injury and they're winning games. So Adrien or not, we should be beating horrible teams like Nacional.

13. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I didn't say you are Z. No manager is perfect.. some managers are going to make decisions that aren't going to pay off. Are you saying JJ makes more bad decisions than he makes good? A good coach is based on the ratio of good decisions to bad decisions that he/she makes because no one is perfect. Pep doesn't always make the right decisions, Mourinho doesn't always make the right decisions, and so on.

Were you not happy with Sporting's last season compared to the previous decade? Because if you want JJ out, you'll go back to what happened before him. Who's your option to replace him?

I've been a member of BS since January 2015. JJ joined Sporting in June 2015. I've been here the whole time.

14. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I'm not saying JJ doesn't have his moments but name me a better alternative to JJ? He has a recent history of success and in my opinion, has made Sporting competitive again.

15. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You can't just keep going through managers and getting rid of them though. At the time (and I stand by this) I didn't think we should've got rid of silva to get him, but we do have him and because we're paying good money for him we should show a little faith that he can turn it around.

I'm not saying you have to agree with everything he does, I have problems with him as you saw that I've mentioned in the other thread. But I think we should wait until March time to judge how he's doing

Let's be honest.. does anyone think JJ knows his best team yet ? They haven't jelled together yet and there are so many options (albeit it average ones) that unfortunately it's taking longer than we would've liked for the players to hit it off together

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  16. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    He shat the bad in the Champions League qualifiers last year, will miss the knockout round this year, and will go another year without a league title. He has financially cost them in ways they very likely did not expect, thus is likely an increasing financial liability. A Portuguese team that is not winning titles/achieving financial objectives cannot continue to justify such a salary.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Exactly. That's ultimately the point I'm trying to make. When you invest hard and go hard into the season, zero excuse for the way they're performing.

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    JJ is over rated. It is easy to win the league with Benfica with a stacked team and Porto having horrible years. When Porto had AVB, JJ did nothing, when VP had a lucky season with Porto, JJ did nothing. Now he is with Sporting and won't win them a league until Sporting get better players or Benfica and Porto having bad seasons.

19. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I've asked this twice and the question has been avoided (unsurprisingly): if Sporting are going to sack him, who's DEFINITELY a better option to replace him?

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There's a bunch. A foreign coach would be even better.

21. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    #21 theFOOTBALLlover, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Who exactly and how do you know that they would want to come to Sporting?

22. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Rui Jorge would continue to integrate academy players

JoseEmidio repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Jesus won't get sacked. His contract is too huge, we can't pay his clause (he surely has a high one). Besides BdC loves the guy.

24. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Would have make Sporting more competitive than what JJ has?

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Well, JJ inherited a very good Sporting team with a few players that were key to Portugal winning the euro and those players were all part of the academy. I think continuing with their youth policy would put them in a great financial situation where they could sell a couple of established academy players and relying on the academy to backfill the position. Rui Jorge lives for this stuff.

JJ doesn't give a rats ass about a youth system and will just go out and try to buy what he needs but Sporting doesn't have the scouting or buying power of Benfica so that won't always work. I do giv Sporting credit for the dragon slayer, that was a great buy and sale.

My answer would be no worse than what JJ can do. Benfica will win the league for a few years so the best Sporting can hope for is to develop more superstars.

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.