Wheelbarrow game vs Mexican club

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by soybostero, May 12, 2010.

1. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone remember the game versus a mexican club team where there was a near riot and a mexican fan threw a wheelbarrow onto the field?

2. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one? it wasn't long ago...5 years ago or so at most

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    It was America against a Brazilian team, I forgot which one. The fans stormed the pitch and all that.

Is there a specific reason this is in the Boca forum since it's not really related to Boca?

4. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's in this forum because it was a Boca game moderator. I recall watching a Boca game versus a Mexican club. I believe even el Chino was involved.

Thanks for the help. :rolleyes:

This rings a bell, although it may be a different incident altogether:

Chivas, el bofo, el Chino benitez. I'm not sure if it's the same incident but I know there was a string of games for about a year or two where Boca and any mexican team would get into it, near fights and what not.

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    The wheelbarrow game was not a Boca game. It was America against a Brazilian club at the Azteca. I had forgotten their name but looked it up, Sao Caetano. Fans threw the wheelbarrow and then stomred the pitch.

The Bofo, Palermo, Chino Benitez incident was against Chivas and it was a completely different match than the one you asked about.

6. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Okay. I just asked a friend. Apparently Mexican club teams bring wheelbarrows to many of their games...lol...cuz he confirmed he remembers a game where the same happened with Boca. It was a Libertadores game. I'll keep looking around.

7. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey guys..

the wheelbarrow incident was against Sao Caetano...la Monu ( barra de America) stormed the pitch after Cuauhtemoc Blanco was sent off and the Brazilians started to "mock" if you will, the fans with "eagle" gestures at the end of the game, La monumental is known for this type of ishhh....El cercado del Estadio Aztecas has been removed but the Monu's section stays for security reasons obviously.

Bad day in mexican footy.