What's our NT missing?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Xeneize12, Dec 25, 2005.

1. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ

Well, if you are just trying to relay sum stats, fair enuf, otherwise, I have to ask u, point being? If your stats are anything to go by, Crespo and Figueroa should be paired up, hope u r not suggesting that,cos u never know even Lucho will be amazed I think.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No, it does not follow that Crespo and Figueroa should play together, because they certainly didn't score those goals by playing together. But the scoring figures do illustrate loud and clear the importance of having one penalty area centerforward of those characteristics. That is why, regardless of how much excitement players like Tevez, Messi and Saviola bring, we have to accept that Crespo still should be a starter, and Figueroa, Cruz or another true centerforward should also be in the list, just in case something happens to Crespo.

3. mime26

mime26 New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Boston
    We really need to have a team with a 4-4-2 scheme and another with a 3-5-2 scheme to be used as required. I believe Pekerman will start the tournament with a 4-4-2:

Saja
    Zanetti
    Ayala
    Milito
    Sorin
    Mascherano
    L Gonzalez
    Riquelme
    Bilos
    Tevez
    Saviola

This is the most balanced lineup in my opinion, the only question is whether Bilos has what it takes to play for the national team. Of course, Messi can replace him in that position, or even D'Allesandro if Pekerman feels like not needing too much wing play. The second team as of right now to me should be:

Pato
    Ibarra
    G Rodriguez
    Samuel
    Heinze (if recovered)
    DeMichelis
    M Rodriguez
    Aimar
    Messi
    Crespo
    Milito

Players in with a chance include Cambiasso, Insua, D'Allesandro, Clemente Rodriguez, Gago, Aguero, Delgado, Cruz, Rosales, Palacio, Galleti, Castroman, Santana, Burdisso, Coloccini (ugh!), Gracian, Ponzio, Zabaleta and Gallardo. To be honest, what worries me is that most of these players are in the 21-26 age bracket, much too young to be world cup winners. On the other hand, didn't the 78 team have a below average median age also?

4. shaf-argentina

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    Have to say mostly disagree with the post above, which ontradicts what ASF just said before.
    On the other hand, strongly beleive what ASF said is right, and would much rather see Cruz going as a sub to Crespo (although im not a fan) than Figueroa.

5. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about:

--------------------Lux---------------------

Zanneti-------------Gonzalo-------------Samuels--------Heinz (if recovered)

Messi------------Mascherano-------Riquelme--------Cambiasso-------Tevez

Crespo

6. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
  7. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    thanks for that tpmazembe.

v noticeable that d'allessandro isn't given as an option whereas veron is!

there seems to be an agenda.

8. shaf-argentina

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    Any1 got any news reports from Peker's visit to europe? Ive read it a cpl of Ole's (i use a translation service which aint any good lol), but would like sum1 to update me if u can.

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    after tonights River - Boca, I think you guys need to look for a new keeper, I know this is only a pre-season game, but Pato has been out of it for a while.

10. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    yeah, he diddn't play that good tonight.......

11. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was going through the Zaragoza-Barça thread in the Barcelona forum and it looks like Milito had a hell of a match. He was event suggested as MOTM by some. Quite encouraging, I feel...

Also it seems Ayala has started training again.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milito (the defender) was awsome, and his brother wasn't to bad up front either. I thought Messi was the best player for Barca as well. Still trying to work out why Real Madrid would not pay £3.5 million for Milito (because of an alleged previous injury) but forked out over £14 million for the permanently injured Woodgate. :confused:

13. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    who is this Woodgate?:D

14. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina is missing a gooood reliable goalie.

Starting 11
    Pato/ Mariano Barbosa - Villareal young sub goalie
    Ayala/gonzalo
    Samuel/g.milito
    Zanetti
    Sorin
    Mascherano/Dimichelis/Cambiasso
    Riquelme
    Maxi Rodriguez/Messi
    Lucho/Aimar
    Tevez/Palacio/Saviola/Chelito/Aguero
    Crespo/??D.Milito/Figueroa/Maxi lopez(lol)

15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How can anyone still be intent on Pato? He's not nearly the level we would want for the NT. I honestly think that Carrizo, Lux, Ustari, Mono Montoya and Barbosa should get their own shot. Pato for now though is our only choice, just because of his experience.

16. masterchief

masterchief New Member

Jun 18, 2005
    Brazil
    Pato
    Heinze Ayala
    Zanetti Sorin
    Cambiasso Mascherano
    Riquelme
    Tevez Messi
    Crespo

that's a team that can crush Brazil, and I mean it!