What's our best formation?

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by dxclaudio, Oct 2, 2010.

1. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Labrin, Mena, and Toro look like the future. and i think they all have very bright careers ahead of them. Toro is as solid, I believe, as Vidal was at his age but with less 'polyfuncionalidad'...

Mena is, to me, our next gran crack at the back a lo Medel (small but solid, and with offensive potential)...

Labring plays hard as hell, has some development to do, but appears to have the skills and mental makeup (and size) to develop into an elite back

=======

as to the formation, if i were the coach i'd try a 3-2-3-1-1

---------Bravo---------
    Medel--Ponce-----Jara
    -------Isla---vidal
    Alexis---Valdivia--Jean
    ---------Mati----------
    ---------Suazo--------

I figure the two holding midfielders in front of the defense give us 'salida' and strength at the back....the two wingers can go both ways, freeing up the other three to work through the middle and providing options down the flanks...

i would mention though, that David Pizarro is a player who i believe can change the entire formation with his talent...with him in, the entire formation would change substantially

2. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What do you consider tall? Over 6 feet?

Toro is 1,82 metros de altura. That's about 5 foot 11. Makes him slightly taller than Millar, Vidal, & Ismael Fuentes to name a few. He's almost on par with Waldo Ponce in terms of height.

All shorties in my book. Even Claudio Bravo isn't tall enough.

I don't think either one of them gets any relevant exposure by the press. I'm going by how Toro performs by watching him play since last season & not by what is being written up. The press rarely mentions him, he was out due to sickness and there wasn't a word about it. Unlike Miralles who is out injured, but spits and is making sports headlines.

3. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

dxclaudio has it right, in my formation the stoppers wouldn't go up at the same time, they would take turns leaving a backline of 3, and giving the midfielders a chance to go in further.

I disagree on your points with Pizarro. encuentro que apesar de no ser el mejor defensa del mundo, lo que ofrece en terminos de organizacion y de salida es imperdecible.....en mi formacion, acompaniado por Medel , con Isla/Vidal/Ponce por detras, no tendria toda la responsabilidad en el como lo tiene Carmona, por ej....

en terminos defensivos, pienso que con Jean y Alexis tienen el fisico para cubrir la banda, no es tan diferente a lo que les pide Bielsa

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lamentablemente a Bielsa no le gustan los jugadores altos y mayores de 28 años.
    Prefiere jugadores rápidos, jóvenes(20-25 años) y chicos.

Esto nos costó caro con Brasil en Stgo. y en Sudáfrica.

En lo personal, una defensa como la que usó Nelson Acosta en el amistoso con Argentina en Mendoza (0:0) en el 2007 (Boris Rieloff, Sebastián Roco, Miguel Riffo, Arturo Vidal), me da mucho más confianza que la defensa de Bielsa en Sudáfrica (Gary Medel, Waldo Ponce, Gonzalo Jara), que fue nuestro punto débil quizás.

5. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I ddin't realize rieloff and Roco were almost 6'2". Vidal is 5 11 and Ponce is 6 feet. Bielsa should really reconsider his defenders. I like ponce's ability to amrk and take balls, his other fav is Jara. Which i personally dislike very much from what was shown in the WC. Poor passing/vision, slow.

Becuase, yes he may like fast players but Jara isn't that, neither is Ponce. Our def needs major work. I hope our future friendly games he starts to at least call different defenders to see who should take the 2 or 1 CB spots depending on his formation.

Have any of you guys heard anything about what team is playing vs Uruguay?

Anyone going to copa america next year?

6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not yet.

Me.:)