What's going on with Fox Sports en Español? Fox Deportes? WTF!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Bolivianfuego, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is it having a complete overhaul so its a pure mexican broadcasted station?????

Whats going on here? can someone clear this up? I hope this doesnt take away the coverage by argentine announcers for the libertadores/sudamericana!!!

2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Whats going on with Fox Sports en Espanol? Fox Sports Deportes??? WTF!

Come on, like those announcers are such a big loss.

But how is it, the channel is now called "FOX Sports Deportes"? Talk about redundancy.

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I like how the announcers often konw their shit, unlike the mexicans. They know about the to most 'unknonwn' players on bolivian sides for instance, their pasts, and they do their homework, comapred to the mexicans which can barely remember the names of guys, and have NO IDEA about stadiums, cultures, food, etc. Which I think the argentines do good research/homework and its nice to see/hear.

An on it being called 'deportes' lol Yes... redundant is the word.

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Not sure about that, last night Niembro completely ignored the series between Tolima and Oriente Petrolero and was very surprised by their play. When it wasn't the first time they played like that on the cup, so evidently he didn't see anything at all of Tolima before last night's match.

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I was talking more about the pueblitos of bolivia (or other south american teams and where they are from, and info on them). They had a argentine reporter on the scene, talking about the town, the food, the players, the league itself, what players to watch out for, etc.

Mexican announcers don't know squat when it comes to that. I know Niembro too knows his stuff when it comes to bolivian players. Thats what I mean. They are considerate and well educated on the 'little things' that give the unknown watcher a feel for the country/team.

Mexican announcers barely know their names and numbers...

6. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

Soon it will be FOX Sports Deportes ZORRO

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I see what you mean, but you know what that kind of thing, if you happen to have their cellphone number and whatnot you can text it to them, in fact occasionally they throw random information which people sends them during the match, so got to see how much they know beforehand and how much they're told during the match.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

LOL Trust me.... I see you are in argentina. You guys have it good over there with smart reporters, and smart reporting with alot of effort on histry of players and teams given to the average watcher in the pregames of shows. In the mexican efforts.... its terrible.

Its a dis-service to us south americans that want more of our country and players to be described to those watching.... and the mexicans dont do their homework. Many times messing up players names or confusing them, or just getting their history wrong... At least with bolivian sides. Argentines often know what they are talking about... even if its out of their ass lol. They do a good job to keep the uninformed watcher in the 'know'.

I was especially impressed with a reporter (i am guessing based out of bolivia) who knew alot of bolivian soccer, the current standings, the top players, who to watch for for that team tht game, what they brought to the table, etc.

You dont hear anything close to that before in pre games or during the games here statesside wiht mexican annoucers. :(

Dont have anything against mexicans... just hate the shit job they do when calling games.