What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2013.
  1. Universidad de Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Club Deportivo Miami

6.7%
  3. Sporting Club Miami

2.2%
  4. Millionarios Miami (Miami Millionaires FC)

6.7%
  5. Athletic Club Miami (Club Atletico Miami)

11.1%
  6. Miami Gatos

2.2%
  7. Miami Toros

4.4%
  8. Athletic Miami (Atletico Miami)

13.3%
  9. International Miami (Inter Miami)

26.7%
  10. Miami Stars FC

8.9%
  11. Miami Strikers FC

8.9%
  12. Miami Everglades FC

4.4%
  13. Miami Bay FC

4.4%
  14. Miami Metro FC ( Metropolitans like NY Mets)

4.4%
  15. Miami Vice City FC

8.9%
  16. Port Miami FC

4.4%
  17. AC Miami

11.1%
  18. Magic City FC

8.9%
  19. Inter Miami Glades FC

2.2%
  20. Miami United

8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Americas United, they threw the name out there in the Southern Legion Fourms, they said that name for the sole reason of having Most of the Americas in the Melting pot of Miami. I kind of like the sound of the name. What you guys think?

Put my take on it with FC Americas United...
    Or for the Gateway of the Americas how about Gateway Americas FC

2. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me the "Americans United" name rings of Chivas USA only without the association to Manchester United directly. I don't think I really like that name as much as I like the name FC Metro Miami as in (Futbol Club Metropolitana Miami), to me this name unites all of the Miami metropolitan area under one banner. This area isn't just Miami-Dade, but also include the folks up in Broward and Palm Beach. But who knows, maybe in the end Beckham may decide to go with something like United.

Lucho305 repped this.
  3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it has to be something with Miami. I think there is zero chance its America anything or even Flamingo FC.

4. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Daily Mall is reporting David Beckham recently registered a US-based company called Miami Beckham United, LLC, suggesting the name of the team could be "Miami United". (Their suggesting that the team will be named Miami Beckham United, but that's unlikely...look for the name Miami United Football Club to surface in the weeks to come). I posted a week ago the United name was rumored, then the owner of Miami United FC came out publicly stating he offered up to Beckham the use of the fourth division Miami United FC name. Not even a week later it's being reported out of the UK that Beckham has registered a company with similar naming here in the United States. I've heard rumors of the uniforms colors being Black, Blue and Grey/White, I just wonder now what the logo will look like.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Soccer-club-called-Miami-Beckham-United.html

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm liking the color scheme already!! Not the usual two tone teams we have three/four the kits should have plenty of combinations for years to come, black n blue, black n gray, blue n white, black n white Etc etc ⚽

6. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the actual registration site: http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Co...-a02e6f02ae64/Miami Beckham United, LLC/Page1

Detail by Entity Name

Foreign Limited Liability CompanyMIAMI BECKHAM UNITED LLC
    Filing Information
    Document NumberM13000007728FEI/EIN NumberNONEDate Filed12/09/2013StateDEStatusACTIVE

Principal Address
    9000 WEST SUNSET BLVD., PENTHOUSE
    C/O XIX ENTERTAINMENT
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069

Mailing Address
    C/O XIX ENTERTAINMENT
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069

Registered Agent Name & AddressCORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
    1201 HAYS STREET
    TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301-2525
    Manager/Member DetailName & Address

Title MGRM

BECKHAM BRAND LIMITED
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069

Annual Reports
    No Annual Reports Filed

Document Images
    No images are available for this filing.

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My question is though why Miami beckham united was there a reason he put his name in there, why wasn't it just Miami United? I'm guessing he out his Name in there for us to find it easier lol

8. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i just hope the shirts are striped. will make it stand out from San Jose and Montreal. they use similar colors.

9. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows, but look for the team to be called Miami United Football Club (MUFC).

futbol in Miami repped this.
  10. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the sound of it. Looking forward to some type of announcement. i want this to be official already. stadium location included.

11. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the same page with ya...

12. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #137 Cyclonis, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Miami United? So after a Man City copycat now we are getting a Manchester United one? This is a sad day for MLS. :(

Might as well bring back the shoot-out, count-down clocks and other wacky MLS rules since the league is intent of bringing down the quality by making us a league full of branding projects.

13. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    squid boy! we missed your trolling, misguided, sarcastic thoughts here.

MLS continues to improve. Thank goodness.

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to tell u this, but I told u so, no naming it miami fighting squids would have definitely degraded the league

It's not a sad day in MLS, the only sad one here is you, your a sad individual because no one, liked your naming of the Miami

Do me a favor and get one!!

15. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah right, that is why you had my comments deleted even though I pointed out that all the teams that brought back their old NASL names remain amongst the most popular in the league.

So, we will soon have a fake Manchester derby in MLS. Whoop-dee ********ing doo. What is next, America San Antonioto to crap with Chivas? Sorry, I fail to see how any of this makes MLS look like anything but a 2nd rate league. If you can explain how copying whole rivalries from other leagues makes MLS better, I will change my mind.

16. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i had no idea i was capable of deleting comments in this forum. wtf

im not going to repeat what i and others here have already said, debunking your arguments. redundancy sucks.

you dont have to like it, and frankly none of us here care. Were just happy for having this opportunity again considering how unfairly The Fusion was treated and taken away from us.

17. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't care if people don't like the name I suggested. However, none of those people had anything original to offer themselves either. The extent of their creativity was to copy something from another more established league, such as followers usually do. Now people are hailing two fake Manchester teams in MLS as a success? Sorry, but these are the same people that have established they were not MLS fans up until a few seasons ago. It shows how much their opinion really matters.

18. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That is great for you guys. But those of us looking from the outside that see the big picture, realize that this is a huge pile of dog feces. Transplanting whole rivalries from other leagues is the most plastic thing ever.

19. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont know where you get this idea of rivarly. Orlando and Miami have never been natural rivalries.... in anything. maybe in MLS it can happen. and it would be nice. the naming of each team is mere coincidence and should hold no bearing on what MLS is trying to accomplish.

20. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In case you did not realize since you don't follow MLS, but Manchester City bought a team that is schelduled to start in 2015 named New York City FC. It is nothing but a blatant branding project, complete with light blue copycat colors, and is an embarrassment for MLS.

Now the Beckham group wants to manufacture a plastic Manchester Derby by buying a team and calling it United? So lame!

21. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You feel this way because of David Beckham's association with Manchester United in the past right? But although the name maybe United, Beckham's team does not have any direct affiliation with Manchester United. My question to you would be, if you feel this strongly about the Miami team being called United, then what's your take on the already D.C. United? How come the same comparison of Miami United and how this makes our league 2nd rated wasn't given to D.C. United? Your argument has been weaken tremendously and reveals your rant as more of a personal issue without a logical base to your argument.

Lucho305 and futbol in Miami repped this.
  22. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your attempt to discredit anything i say because i havent followed MLS much (for obvious reasons) is laughable.

again, the rivarly youre coming up with is whats lame. You bring up Orlando, but argument gets debunked. then you quckly switch to NY, but on MLS its never existed either! let it go squiddy.

23. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My apologies on that. i thought you referred to the lame, fake, plastic name Orlando City. But they werent bought by an English owner so theyre exempt.

24. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me it would seem like the better rivalry would be the instate one between Orlando City vs Miami United instead of New York City FC and Miami United FC.

25. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes its the logical choice if mls was indeed trying to "transplant" rivalries. but misunderstood squiddy.