What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What would you call the new Miami MLS team?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2013.
  1. Universidad de Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Club Deportivo Miami

6.7%
  3. Sporting Club Miami

2.2%
  4. Millionarios Miami (Miami Millionaires FC)

6.7%
  5. Athletic Club Miami (Club Atletico Miami)

11.1%
  6. Miami Gatos

2.2%
  7. Miami Toros

4.4%
  8. Athletic Miami (Atletico Miami)

13.3%
  9. International Miami (Inter Miami)

26.7%
  10. Miami Stars FC

8.9%
  11. Miami Strikers FC

8.9%
  12. Miami Everglades FC

4.4%
  13. Miami Bay FC

4.4%
  14. Miami Metro FC ( Metropolitans like NY Mets)

4.4%
  15. Miami Vice City FC

8.9%
  16. Port Miami FC

4.4%
  17. AC Miami

11.1%
  18. Magic City FC

8.9%
  19. Inter Miami Glades FC

2.2%
  20. Miami United

8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I was kind of thinking the same thing. I just saw a team name from Brazil called Sport Club Inter (CityName) in our case it would be Sport Club Inter Miami, or Miami Athletic Sport Club, oh man so many names that can be used, I mean at the end of the day Beckham i'm sure would name the team to his liking..

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami has people from all over the world how about United Nations of Miami F.C.

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is precedence:

[​IMG]

4. Burna723

Burna723 New Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys, guys, guys. I say we just keep it clean and simple with a name like F.C. Miami. I mean come on, it's short, sweet, clean, classic and it will bring a certain level of class to the club. (C'mon, we all know there a few lame names in MLS, and we don't wanna be one of them). I'm liking Atletico Miami and a few others here but I really think FC Miami is the way to go. Maybe even CF Miami (clúb de fútbol).

Lucho305 repped this.
  5. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the thing with the name "Miami Vice", it's about vice crimes or street crimes in the City of Miami and the program Miami Vice was all about that in the 80's and early 90's. I don't think the local Chambers of Commerce would want any team name representing the City of Miami to be associated with street crimes like drug dealing and prostitution. Miami is a image driven City and I don't see that name seeing the light of day, many folks here like the name because of the 80's tv program, but this Miami team will be high profile Globally and the City wouldn't let that name come to any kind of reality.

6. wantmlsphilly

wantmlsphilly Member+

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted Miami Stars FC but I would change that to SC. It has a ring to it that I like for some reason.

7. Inter Miami FC

Dec 2, 2013
  8. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for Miami Everglades FC, just because it is unique, but I would have prefer the missing name: Miami Fusion FC.

9. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nicely said, yea I domt think a lot of people would like that view on the city, although we as a city havebthe highest car insurances, or anything insurance because of insurance fraud... we bad maybe it does fit

Miami Fusion FC is nice name butnyou think Becks would go for It? It is his team here. I mean you never know, it can be the revival of the fusion.... brought back when the league is stronger, bigger, and better..

10. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure he would. Why wouldn't he want to build off the "Fusion" name. Could you image the advertising they could use with the theme "The boys are back in town". Look the MLS moved the San Jose Earthquakes to Houston in 2005. In 2008, San Jose was expanded too, and was named the "San Jose Earthquakes". Then again in 2008 when Marcelo Claure tried to bring a expansion team to Miami, he was considering using the "Miami Fusion FC" name. Their is history with Fusion name in Miami, I mean good history, especially with the 2001 Ray Hudson team.

MLS1FAN repped this.
  11. nbace

nbace Member

Jacksonville Armada FC
    United States
    Apr 8, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Ray Hudson....I hope Becks gives him a call at some point to get him involved with the team. Either as a broadcaster, PR emissary to Strikers/Fusion fans, coach, or something. Getting him and some old time Strikers involved might help to bring peace to the faction in Broward that will have nothing to do with a "Miami" team.

SoccerPrime repped this.
  12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And not just in Florida either:

[​IMG]

13. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard that recently Roberto Sacca of Miami United spoke to Beckham's people and authorized them to use that name if they want. It's not clear if the Beckham folks will use it, but its a possibility now and in play as well.

14. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can also use the Miami United name to build a rivalry with Man City owned NYCFC. I also heard Roberto authorized them to use the name if they want it.

15. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it bad that I'm not a fan of 99% of the names listed? Honestly if it ended up being called "Magic City FC" I'd probably head down to the announcement ceremony in South Beach and smack David Beckham myself.

That being said, i voted for Miami Stars FC. I actually thought that name sounded okay.

wantmlsphilly repped this.
  16. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    were all ears for any suggestions. Anything in particular you have in mind?

17. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @chichi, is that your quote? is that correct? President of the Miami ULTRAS? What is this about another supporter group coming up in the ranks? Southern Legion? Is anybody here interested? I think Im going to join. I heard they doing a launch party and watch party for the MLS Cup, I think im going to show my support for MLS now!!

Anyone here planning on joining the Supporter Group or going to the Watch party?

Southern Legion > Miami Ultras > turd > Flight-19

18. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @Lucho305 had to correct that signature no longer Ultras Prez.
    Ultras were the 1st and original supporters of the Strikers so they'll continue to do that.

The New MLS Group is Southern Legion. MLS Watch Party is this Saturday at Fado in Brickell here is the event link:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/365513336928104/

19. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @SoccerPrime

Great good to hear!! I'll be there.

Did anyone listen in on the State of the League address, Garber seemed a little irritated on that front.. lol. But good to see everyone asking about it not just South Floridians, so that's good we are doing our job and did anybody here Michelle's question, Garber completely disregarded the answer. Oh well maybe that mean there is something brewing up for MLS Cup. But in all honestly I feel like they might give Becks an extension, because if the stadium deal is not finalized, I honestly don't think they want to rush this thing. @chichi What You guys think?

How about Butini as well is he finally going to join Becks and would that be able to help MLS make a decision, sooner rather than later?

20. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit beneath you, Lucho. I thought you were better than that. Ah, well. Wrong again.....:rolleyes:

21. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am Southern Legion!!! They started it first, just saying

22. PhillyWild

PhillyWild Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Miami
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only name it should be IF it were to have the nickname in the official name is Miami Fusion FC. Anything else would scream "tacky". Miami United as a rival for NYCFC would be interesting but there's already a local Division 4 club with that name. If this team is going to succeed, it needs to have a tie-in with the local market. We need Miamians involved, not Broward and Palm Beach counties, they can go support the Strikers.

Antique repped this.
  23. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh not at all, i'm definitely more the "complain and moan about something inconsequential to me while contributing nothing" kind of guy :)

I threw my vote in for Miami Stars FC (even just Miami FC probably would be fine imo). I wouldn't be against them attempting to bring back the Miami Fusion either honestly.

I think Magic City should be avoided...same with Universidad de Miami, i think that would cause a ton of confusion seeing as th University of Miami (The U) is a fairly popular brand in American Sports

24. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read this article in the last two paragraph, there is now some confirmation of this information by Mr. Sacca himself. It's a strong possibility this Beckham led team could be called Miami United FC om the end.
    http://90minutesstrong.com/2013/12/beckham-make-decision-clock-strikes-midnight-new-years-eve/

25. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting , having a developmental team like that will have the Miami team in the top half of the league. Question now is though, will the Miami United FC squad move up from NPSL to maybe NASL, USL Pro? Because for a fourth division team as a developmental team, I believe IMO won't help. Your thoughts?