What would it take to make this forum not suck and be interesting again

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by YankHibee, Dec 25, 2011.

1. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    and will someone do it

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What's wrong with the place?

3. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    What's right with it?

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some nations, leagues, and clubs don't have many fans here. I rarely visit the Scotland forum. I read a blogger who's a fan of Ross County in the First Division. If people are interested I can link to him.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    We used to have traffic. The people are still here. Is it just that chat forums like this are dying anyway?

6. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Well, here's one more for the thread traffic, albeit of the hit and run variety.

Old Firm on tv here in the US?

I can only find Justintv as a potential steaming site, i have doubts about the game long viability of that feed.

Suggestions appreciated.

Go Hoops

7. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Was also on live TV this side of the border too....first time I remember that.

Decent match. Celtic were by far the better footballing side but Rangers gave a good effort.

Nice job by the ref too (which is unusual in an OF match). Particularly liked his non call when McCullough and Kayal came together resulting in Kayal's injury. It would have been easy to start flashing cards around but, in reality, it was nothing more than two players going for a 50/50 ball with equal vigour and one coming off of it slightly worse.

Up here the match was followed by Hbs v Caley....since I knew the score I watched up to the equalizer. So so match.....two great goals.....I love Easter Road but it depresses me a bit to see it so empty.

8. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I certainly haven't been as active since Hibs started actively trying to run off their supporters. I'm not sure if the news feeds are dead site wide, but I did actually like the news folder on here. It's been down for several months now.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually go to sites that key on Scottish fitba instead of Bigsoccer. I love bigsoccer for most things soccer, but not for Scotland.

10. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to agree, I have an italian forum for Celtic supporters and I type there, here on BigSoccer we're too few to talk about scottish football, shame but its so;)

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they sell pie and bovril at games in Scotland.

12. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Don't know if that was intentional, but if you want a good Scottish football discussion board, for any and all levels of the game, Pie and Bovril, is really the only one worth going to.

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hehe...

of course it was intentional ;)

14. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    We could string up a junkie bam from Edinburgh and watch them burn? Will you volunteer?

15. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, my main interest in Scottish football is the national team. With WC qualifying on the horizon, hopefully banter will pick up 'round these parts.

16. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    It wouldn't be the first Jambo to burn would it? Still, I don't think I have the time or money.

17. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Wait I always thought it was Hibs that were the junkies?

18. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Leith is all gentrified now. Hibees are gentlemen. Meanwhile Dalkeith up to Edinburgh proper has only one set of teeth left to trade among the residents.

19. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I need to visit Edinbugger. It's been a very long time.

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately, I don't have much time left for posting lately (I just manage to spend a few minutes in the BMG section & sometimes in the Juve forum) ... nearby there's no inspiration to waste my time with posting in the Celtic thread or other threads when I notice there's quasi no more traffic (even after the Bhoys' impressive catch-up during the last weeks). It's really a pity to see the Scotland section on the decline lately.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I haven't been to see Livi on a regular basis for a few years now due to work and I have little interest in the rest of Scottish football. In terms of national team discussion there is not much to say because it is always the same old shite. Speaking of shite that is all your ever get on P&B. I would rather have nothing here than the knuckle dragging shite you encounter there. In general I think the decline of the Old Firm and the gradual death of everyone else has hit the traffic here. There is not much enthusiasm for Scottish football these days.

22. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I realized the reason for all of this is that Riordan left Scotland. It looks like he could be back now after his contract in China was terminated for wearing terrible sweaters.

23. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Derek Riordan in China? lol

I didn't even know he was there. I suppose he'll probably be allowed into bars and nightclubs there though.

24. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Looks like he is signing for Sheffield United though.

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stealing an idea from another forum.

1) We need to get a few of us to "Support a club" in the Scottish 1st or 2nd divisions.

2) The draw is random, you get who you get.

3) I will handle and announce the draw.

4) You report on your club's matches, transfers, rumors, etc

5) You pick a favorite player

6) You register on the forum of your club

7) If possible - you get some merchandise from the club and post a pic in the thread.

8) You make a new thread on here to keep the history going.

If it works out well, we do it again next season.