What Will FIFA's Response Be To Mexico's Anti-Homosexual Chant Be?

Discussion in 'GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea' started by Sting111, Jun 17, 2018.

1. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    Mexican fans are no longer in Mexico, and unchecked offensive behavior escalates.

Example: U20 World Cup, South Korea 2017. Mexico-Venezuela match.

Mexican fans start their dumb chant against Venezuelan goalkeeper Fariñez.

Venezuelan fans do not like homophobic abuse against its star player, because the word is a gender slur throughout the Americas.

Venezuelan fans respond with a dumb chant against the mother of the Mexican goalkeeper.
    A second Venezuelan chant is improvised to say goodbye to each Mexican player that gets subbed, another homophobic chant.

Countries which regulate offensive language on daytime broadcasts ended up censoring/muting stadium audio.

All of that in a youth world cup event. You travel all the way to South Korea to yell abuse at young athletes... proud football tradition we got going there.

2. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Brilliant. I gathered that much.

Did you miss the part where I said these sort of vulgarities shouldn’t take place at these events?

Cheers.

LGRod and bigsoccertst1 repped this.
  3. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #53 Rickdog, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    So basicly, you agree in almost all I said, but afterwards you pretend to attack what I said, and to certain extent, my person.

Curious, this take of yours.
    :rolleyes:

(Btw, a bitch is only a female dog, and people tend to use it as pejorative to women that have many partners as when bitches enter in heat in their natural reproductive cycle, they have sex with lots of males, as if it were something wrong or bad, and also when used in this context, it is highly demeaning and offensive (specially for any women). )

Hexa repped this.
  4. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nothing curious actually.

I disagree with your assertions and that’s really all there is to it.

LGRod repped this.
  5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    But to the main point of what I said or posted, you agree 100 %.

6. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I’ll provide a more thorough reply later I have a World Cup match occupying me at the moment

LGRod, chris2787, ninjew and 1 other person repped this.
  7. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

[​IMG]

LGRod and azulcremaporvida repped this.
  8. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was born, raised and lived in Mexico the majority of my life, maybe more years there than you are old (close to 30 years in Mexico).

Stop coming here like some linguistic authority on the word pvto.

It can be homophobic, in this case it is simply an insult. The origin of the chant was directed at a single person (a Goalie who switched between rival teams in Liga MX). It had nothing to do with his sexual orientation, it was not meant to be homophobic, it was just an insult. It is a way to say F-you with the least amount of words/syllables (think chant, saying a 4 word insult does not carry the same punch)

So it is grossly ignorant to call it homophobic just to make it easy for all the idle SJWs to get behind something. Almost as ignorant as bashing it without any real basis.

That said, it is still an insult and it should stop, the fix are not fines, they should walk fans out of stadiums, a handful at a time and in no time it fizzles away.

/p

nicamex1935 repped this.