What Two Teams Will Make It Out?

Discussion in 'Group G: Germany, Ghana, USA, Portugal' started by Jtsmith1, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What Two Will Advance?

1. Germany

91.8%
  2. Ghana

18.6%
  3. USA

41.4%
  4. Portugal

44.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here is a couple of facts. Mexico has 14 wins and 25 losses in 15 WC appearances. Portugal has 13 wins and 9 losses in 6 WC appearances. Portugal has 2 semi finals, Mexico has 0.

Mexico has 123 million people and 324,595 registered players, Portugal has 10.5 million people and 132,734 registered players. Seems to me Mexico should be ashamed no? LOL

verde-rubro repped this.
  2. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well all I can say is that I have not seen a WC match between the US and Portugal where Portugal came out with a win. ;)

paulalanr repped this.
  3. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, 1 win and 1 draw, that's a huge sample size you got there. With that infinite wisdom, the USA had no business beating Ghana.

doritos93 and verde-rubro repped this.
  4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Since October 2013......
    ;)

5. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I simply said I had never seen a WC match where Portugal has beaten the US. Have you?

6. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope. I also haven't seen Italy beat Croatia or Argentina beat Cameroon etc.... What's the point?

7. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say the point is that lazily naming a few teams to the world's "elite" and expecting them to casually knock off "lesser" teams is not any more reliable than making pronouncements from the outcomes of two matches.

8. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is my point, who cares. For something to hold any value, you would need a larger sample size.

9. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Actually, you were lucky to beat Ghana who dominated you. The 4 points were fair and just and accurate.

Mexico isn't lucky to reach the finals, they earned the ticket and then some. Don't forget how they were screwed by the ref in SPS.

Mexico wouldn't finish last in group G, we'd've beaten Ghana and Portugal and probably tied Ger if they played the same way they played yall. Meanwhile, you lot would have lost to Brasil and Cro.
    1. Going 1-1-1 in the last 3 official games isn't owning.
    3.Those rankings are arbitrary. The WC rankings are more solid, and Mexico ended higher there.
    4.Mexicans are known for fighting for millennia, what are you talking about. A fighting spirit is intrinsic to being Mexican. You guys are known for other strange things, fighting isn't one of them.
    5.That meant nothing because Hex ranking means nothing as long as you qualify.
    6.So does Mexico.

Your predictions are cute, they won't come true. Remember that in the 90s, people said your team would win the 2010 WC. Didn't happen. After 2002, people said football would be #1 here by the mid 2010s. Wrong again. Keep making predictions that you won't be here to eat crow for, it's always a safe bet :thumbsup:

10. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh hi, was your team in Group G?

No?

Then get out.

fingersave, paulalanr and zahzah repped this.
  11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Group G was the toughest group. Don't conjecture. No one knows what would have happened and both Portugal and Ghana are your equals, while Germany is a whole other animal.

All such claims are baseless. I could equally say that if Ghana were in the easier Group A they would have beat Mexico and Croatia, while drawing Brasil. But thats also conjecture.

paulalanr repped this.
  12. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going on with the conjecture for a moment longer, mexican fans want to claim they are equal to Brazil due to their draw, well we all saw what Germany did to Brazil so its easy to say what they would have done to mexico..... ;)

13. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, you're as big an a**hole and an annoying jingoistic **cker as the american sports fans who hate soccer and your country just because. I have no problem with folks who say Mexico did well and played a great tournament. They did. But you're just fantasizing about their relation to CONCACAF, the USA, and football in general, while at the same time downgrading an equally strong showing by a neighbor. You're the type of fan that I hate having around sports in general, and football in particular. You reduce everyone else's enjoyment of the game, and give potential fans a reason to stop paying attention. Go F yourself, and all your friends and countrymen who feel the same as you do. The rest of us will try to continue promoting the sport we love without pissing on everybody else's party.

14. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    HOLY SHIT LOL ^^^^^

15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    lol. Are you ok? Do you need Kleenex, you really lost your cool here. Take a deep breath, relax, everything will be ok, kid.

usa's performance was not equally strong, don't kid yourself. They were massively outplayed in this tourney. Mexico was better.

I was just responding in kind to that one troll, and to the other bloke's conjecture. People like them need to be put in their place, and they were.

doritos93 repped this.
  16. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say that you are putting anyone in their place. It seems like you may be the troll.

Chesco United repped this.
  17. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Hey " jingoistic **cker " , You should Capitalize USA as you did Mexico and Kleenex
    just sayin...

18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Yo si los puse en su lugar, pararon de responder porque saben que estan mal.
    No, eso no es necesario, compadre.