What the Heck is Mbappening? - Transfer & Rumors Thread #9

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sliding into the bank after this transfer like:

[​IMG]

tudobem62014 repped this.
  2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is not mbappening fast enough!

temesgen repped this.
  3. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    "Where's my millions"

[​IMG]

4. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was responding to a few posts in the other thread before it was closed...

I pretty much agree with this. Think Mbappe will end up here this summer but probably not until mid-late August.

This is why the smart play would probably be to buy Mbappe first, then sell Bale on the last few days of the window a la Ozil. United could of course low ball us, in which case we could try to get another EPL team involved or just hold on to him. Or maybe then shift gears and try to sell Benz instead (LOL yea right).

But I think Mou and United are desperate enough for an elite talent (helps that he's British and very marketable) that they would eventually pay up. All this of course is assuming that our management is willing to sell him this summer, which they haven't shown any signs of yet. I myself am not certain I would get rid of him right now.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not Mbappening fast enough for some. Most expected this to have Mbappened already. But that's not how these transfers Mbappen. Mbappe will Mbappen when Mbappe is ready to Mbappen.

7. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    Good but it will only mbappen if mbappe comes out and put pressure on monaco for the transfer to mbappen.

From what i have read we seemed to have promised him to sell one of the bbc(bale) if you believe andrew castles because he wasn't sure enough with morata and james departures.

So i guess this is only mbappening if we manage to sell bale or benzema but also monaco are going to have to lower their asking price to meet us halfway.

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cringe intensifies..

9. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    Mbappe in the group for the match tomorrow against psg,i fear for what could happen but at the same time if he gets injured that would teach monaco about being too greedy.

10. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    130m euros for a player you never spent more than 5m euros,hopefully they come to their senses and we are able to seal the deal for 140m euros or less.

11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    110 M + 30~M variables is the best that we should offer. He only has 2 years on his contract and Mbappe should come out and say that he only wants us.

If Monaco is gonna use City etc, we should use Belotti. Show that Mbappe isn't our only option and that we aren't desperate. Flo should play games and even bid for Belotti if necessary.

12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Monaco has all the right to ask for any price, while we have the option to walk away. He is one of the very few players who can improve our team, but I wouldn't pay more 130ME including variables.
    However, we need a good striker, Mbappe or no Mbappe.

kime777 and 9Qui repped this.
  13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tricky situation and Monaco knows that. We MUST SIGN FORWARD. okey, if not Mbappe, who else?

14. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    for 180me id rather front the extra 40me and steal Neymar

Ahmadi8 and MaxY repped this.
  15. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, Neymar would cost much much more overall. He is a blackhole... well, him and his father.

Shay Z, Anon. and 9Qui repped this.
  16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No way Neymar will go to Real. He want his own team where he will be leader and best player. Barca with Messi, Real with Cristiano. that's why Neymar even thinking about PSG.

17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Belotti. He'd cost 100 M at most and he's an amazing forward. Bluff it.
    Well to be frank, Cristiano is 32. Neymar could outperform him.

18. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    The way I see it, Bale was never going to work out as the new face of Real Madrid. Everything was against him from day one, starting from the fact that he was supposed to share the limelight with Ronaldo for years and do it while in his peak. Then there are the constant injuries, inability to fit into the system, lack of personal character, no interest in blending into the culture and learning the language.

No one else in the squad fits the bill. We have the best players in the world, but the new Ronaldo needs to be a goal scorer. Mbappe is young and already extremely hyped. He can be molded by the club, learn the language and become the new biggest star of world football.
    I think that is how Florentino sees it and that's why it will be the new record transfer or if not, it will be presented as one because it's all part of the story. We'll probably pay up to 140 mil € max with variables for ballon d'or winner which is a variable we'd all be happy to pay.

I also think he'll work out for us. He has enough variety in his game to play with Ronaldo and when Ronaldo is gone he'll go a level up.

Tough choice for the kid because if it doesn't work out in Madrid the only way is down with the whole career in front of him, but I think he's pretty sure bet.

Digital, natenate101 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    \
    he can, but Ronaldo will be here at least couple more season. But Neymar wants now to do something special he can't wait. Messi also 30 so we can think 3 years and maybe Barca will be all about Neymar, but he wants those kind of things now. And mney more than good, of course. :D

20. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What about the yearly ~50-60M in wages, no image rights (that'd be papa Neymar's 1st priority) and him being a LW that would not necessarily be to Cristiano's liking? I mean he's been a mobile CF for us in many matches but to put him in that position full-time is easier said than done.

The reasons that made uncle Flo back off the 1st time are still mostly there.

Hard pass.

kime777, Doni, Açores57 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd never, ever, want to see Neymar in our shirt and won't try to sign him even if it cost half of his buyout clause and rumored wages.

He is a disgusting player, just like Alves, Alba etc.... for me it doesn't matter how good they are, we can do without them, and that's an opinion I've maintained both when we went trophyless and when we won the CL and the double.

Anon., ahnaf, Los Merengues and 5 others repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm over this saga. He'll come when he comes.

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We have gone down the desperate route before recently with Mourinho and despite the benefits I'm very grateful we now are in a position where we don't have to do it again in the near future.

Los Merengues and meringues repped this.
  24. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I'm definitely getting nervous about Barca swooping in post-Neymar, and sticking Mbappe at LW like they did with Henry and Villa.

25. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you're just a hater

These are Mbappening times!