What Team should I support - Part 2 (cont)

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Rick B, Feb 27, 2009.

1. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    I've tried to pick a team to follow, but no luck. I really like watching the matches a ton and just enjoy the sport at that level.

Of course, being in the States probably makes it a little harder!

goindownsouth and owian repped this.
  2. vasilios1991

vasilios1991 New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    West Ham United F.C. because of "the crazy in love with the club" supporters.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  3. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What would you guys say a team like Napoli in the prem. History wise and current form put both of these in perspective

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  4. rudygestedeshead

rudygestedeshead New Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Best advice - none of them. PL is the worst thing to ever happen to English football.

philly villain and pookspur repped this.
  5. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    I think I might be getting partial to QPR. I think Charlie Austin has a great story and I want them to stay above the relegation line.

6. xtcvs

xtcvs Member

Dec 14, 2014
    support your local team

watch other teams that play good football

[/thread]

goindownsouth repped this.
  7. hichemos14

hichemos14 New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i prefer Arsenal For the first 5
    and southampton for the last 15

8. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will say, as a man without a dog in the BPL fight, Southampton appears to be an easy club to support for the unattached. Those with limited means, they cannot buy super high end players all of the time, but wholly invest in the youth system and the resources to cultivate that. Just saying.

9. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well that is just too damn reasonable.

10. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I watch and follow so much of it that over the years the clubs just sort of picked me for a variety of reasons; TSV 1860 Munich has been my families club for generations. Aston Villa for the 82' Euro Cup on PBS . Torino FC because of my grandfathers stories about "Grande Torino" and then being at the 92' UEFA Cup semi win aginst Real Madrid at the Delle Alpi. Exeter City FC for almost giving me a trial in 87' and now latest is the Union were my son plays on their U14 side.

goindownsouth and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  11. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the way it should be, things happen and a club chooses you. This whole discussion about how to sit down and analyze the different clubs and then to make a choice based on your analysis...it seems so wrong to me! And I'm a pretty analytical person too.

philly villain repped this.
  12. xtcvs

xtcvs Member

Dec 14, 2014
    100%

because clubs change over time anyway just ask nottingham forest fans

if you choose a club for an unnatural reason (arsenal play good football, i like the look of this dortmund manager etc.) chances are things will change a lot and you'll be stuck with a random team halfway across the world playing unappealing football in 10 years time

unless you've got some sort of family tie with a club you should just support your local club because that's where you'll be able to watch games live and if ur very lucky that's where your club will have its trophy parade

if you love football you'll enjoy watching games from all sorts of teams anyway whether thats real madrid vs atletico, tottenham vs liverpool, bayern vs wolfsburg etc. you don't have to support one team from every single league just enjoy the best matches.

the plus side is you won't be embarrassed watching more wolfsburg than dortmund this season whereas the scores of new dortmund "fans" who never really had a reason to support bvb will

13. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Einmal Löwen... Immer Löwen.

14. Kirbaldo

Kirbaldo New Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    You should support Crystal Palace if you want a full rollercoaster of emotions and a bit of variation.

I can't think of a duller club than Arsenal to support to be honest :)

15. xamers

xamers Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I like Chelsea, Bayern, Barca and Juventus. I never have a bad year.

;)

16. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ah yes that is the bandwagon starter pack

17. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    You forgot LA Galaxy.

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  18. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Nottingham Forest (definitely a case of the club picking me), SJ Earthquakes and West Brom. That's the way to go.

19. The411

The411 Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Sunderland?

20. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Excuse me

21. TheDark

TheDark New Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If I was just getting into football now and was looking for a PL team i'd probably have Southampton at the top of my list, just because of the sheer amount of prospects they have in their team and how they are underdogs outside of the top 5 but if they keep producing young players and they manage to develop with the team they could be a real threat. A German equivalent right now would be Wolfsburg, although it seems whenever a team starts getting good in the Bundesliga, Bayern (read Buyern) just snatch all their good players to add to their own squad!

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  22. merlintocs

merlintocs New Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I follow the Chicago Fire in the MLS and a few years ago I tried to decide on a team in each of the top four British leagues to support and I landed on ManU, Bolton, Sheffield United, and Cheltenham Town. That being said, I've never seen a televised match of either of the last two.

23. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sheffield United was in the Semifinals of the 2013-2014 FA Cup. That was on TV in the UK and I'm assuming the USA also. In fact, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_FA_Cup says Sheffield United played five games in that FA Cup that were on TV in the UK.

24. The411

The411 Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Go Blades! I hope they can earn promotion this year. The Sheffield derby seems to be a bit better when they are playing in the same league.

I root for Chelsea mostly due to loyalty to Hazard, Courtois, Musonda Jr.

In Champ I'd love to see Bournemouth make it as they've never been in Div 1/Prem League so it will be a huge deal for them.

In League 1 rooting for Sheff Unitied

In League 2 rooting for Luton Town's ascendancy back up to Div 1 (relegated year before Div 1 became the PL)

Other than that I root for the Belgians to do well so De Bruyne at Wolfsburg, Benteke at Villa, Chadli at Spurs, Kompany at Citeh, Denayer on loan at Celtic, Batshuayi at Marseille, Bondongbia at Celta Vigo, T. Hazard at Mongladbach, Alderweireld at Southampton, Mignolet at Liverpool, Vert at Spurs, Vermaelen at Barca etc.

Of all those teams I only actually like a few. Villa, Marseille, and Wolfsburg

25. merlintocs

merlintocs New Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Benteke is a beast! Always fun to watch him play.