What Summer Games Sports Do You Actually Care About?

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by ECUNCHATER, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    I don't think you are, but I myself like the summer games better because of soccer and boxing. I do like Bobsledding though.

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    get rid of them to, running and freestyle thats all you need

3. Salazar

Salazar Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Preston, England
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like the

Swimming
    Gymnastics
    Track and field

I like watching the beach volleyball too;)

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Beach Vollyball is the dumbest "sport" out there. It's nothing but an excuse for morons to oggle. Grow up!

Indoor Vollyball is sufficient.

5. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beach volleyball is pretty dumb, but it has a lot of competition for the "dumbest" ranking.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    True. It's just the first of the dumb ones I've have the non-pleasure to come across so far.

By the way, another rip-roaring fine Road Cycling race this morning. Both the Men's and Women's were terrific.

I love how the daily "Olympian of the Day" on ESPN and in the papers over here gave Saturday's 'honor' to Ryan Lochte. It clearly should have gone to Alexander Vinokourov for his thrilling victory in the Men's Cycling event. Oh wait... I forgot... he's from Kazakhstan so he doesn't count. Hey, here's an American we can give it to instead!

7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm grown, I ogle (one g), and I'm not a moron. Do you actually watch any women's sport without at least one eye on the physical beauty of the participant? Do you pay any attention to a women's sport that doesn't have attractive athletes? Neither do I.

8. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer (obviously)
    Women's indoor volleyball (my ex who's still a close family friend played at TTU)
    Swimming (best friend at LSU was a swimmer, and it's pretty fun to watch)
    Basketball (when it's not, I don't really seek it out though, no Mavericks lol)

9. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the exposure to various things I don't normally watch. I normally watch soccer and gymnastics, but have very much enjoyed judo, as well as volleyball (both types), swimming, and clips of other things.

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Does LSU still have that outdoor pool? They used to hold meets there before they built a really solid natatorium. Nothing like having a meet delayed due to rain.

Edit: Here's a link to an article about the old pool. My wife used to swim there.

http://www.preservationnation.org/magazine/2009/july-august/faded-relic-reporter.html

that's right, now I remember: The Huey Long Fieldhouse pool.

11. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol no it was at the Natatorium. I started there in 2007, so it's been there at least that long.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh: the Natatorium opened when I was there in the '80s. I was wondering if the outdoor pool was still there and open to students. It was in my day, but it was getting rather... well, crumbly. Just curious if they still had it when you were there.

13. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a grad student, so I didn't get to wander about campus too much lol sorry

14. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Sailing
    Rowing
    Cycling

15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Like Vinokourov cares. ESPN is based here and its biggest following is here, so that's understandable. Some people would complain if they didn't feature American athletes as often as possible.

Besides, Saturday was Lochte's time- he said so himself. His time was up by Sunday, so ESPN had to strike while the iron was hot.

16. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    I agree. I enjoyed watching Water Polo the other day.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.