What stores will carry Football Manager 2005?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by therealronaldo7, Nov 2, 2004.

1. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Does anyone know what stores will be carrying Football Manager 2005 here in the states when it comes out on Nov. 5?

2. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    SI announced in the last couple of days that the release date was moved up to Nov. 4th. Anyway, here is what they have announced:

I have some good news for you. Due to some unscrupulous retailers in Italy and Sweden who decided to start selling Football Manager 2005 early without permission, ourselves and Sega have made the decision to bring the release date of Football Manager 2005 forward to this Thursday, November 4th.

So, that means that you'll be able to buy Football Manager 2005 from this Thursday from all good, and some bad, retailers. A full list of UK and Irish retailers stocking the game can be found at
    http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1055

If you do not live in the UK, then the release date for the game is now thus -

4th November

Turkey
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Benelux
    Spain
    Bangladesh
    Hungary
    Portugal
    Malta
    Cyprus
    Israel
    Italy
    Singapore
    Nordic
    UAE
    France
    Iceland
    Romania
    Slovenia
    South Africa
    Greece

10th November

Czech Republic
    Poland

12th November

Australia
    New Zealand
    South Korea

3rd December

China

To be announced

USA
    Canada
    Japan
    Indonesia
    Malaysia
    Thailand

We hope you enjoy Football Manager 2005 as much as we enjoy making it, and we apologise about any release date confusion - but at least it's being brought forward, rather than slipping

3. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    In the U.S. the game will be called Worldwide Soccer Manager and not MLS Manager. Makes sense as MLS is such a small part of the game.

Me? Well, I couldn't wait and ordered mine from England. They sent me email last night that it was shipped. I should see it here sometime next week. Because I got it from England I'm going to get nailed with shipping and foreign exchange rate. I just didn't wanted to make sure it didn't have a lot of Americanisms like "PK", "Give and Go" and "Goalie".

4. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    So, do we know if the game will be available in America tomorrow or Friday? From what I read in the last two posts, it does not sound definitive. Any ideas?

5. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    It definitely won't be anytime soon. I would think December. I just did a search on Amazon.com. Usually, they list release dates and allow early orders. Amazon doesn't have it listed in their database at all. Expect that U.S. version to come out long after Friday's official European release date.

6. ClevelandFC

ClevelandFC Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Where did you order it from? I've been hunting around for the best price. Many outfits won't ship outside of the UK or EU.

7. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    I've been getting mine from www.gameplay.co.uk. I've been getting my copies of the official CM and FM magazines from them, too.

8. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    So, you got your playstation chipped?

9. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    FM 2005 will not be available for the Playstation. It is a PC game.

10. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Kevruth, how much did you pay for the game with shipping? $50?

11. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    It just came through on my credit card. With the exchange rate of my card (which is lower than some I've seen) I paid $56.70. Stupid U.S. dollar. Before 9/11 I was getting $1.40 per £1. I just paid $1.89 per £1.

12. wattsmj79

wattsmj79 New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    gamestop.com says it will be released on the 16th of November.

13. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Amazon UK seems to be the cheapest I've found so far, but it's still pushing $50 with shipping.

14. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Amazon UK will not ship software to the U.S. I've tried them before.

15. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would say $50 dollars is a bargain on this game including the shipping. If it is half as good as its predecessors I am afraid I will become more withdrawn from the "real world" and even more socially inept.

16. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Thanks, Kevruth.

Either going to try sendit.com, or wait and EBay it.

17. GeordieInExile

GeordieInExile New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    Order from GoGamer. They're based out in California, and will have it to you in two days. :)

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna wait until the game hits stores here in the U.S. before buying it to help show Sports Interactive and Sega that MLS-licensed products can sell well here.

-G

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Amen, Brotha!

20. GeordieInExile

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    Pfft - if you were a real fan, you'd buy both.
    :D

21. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sega doesn't have a date set yet but Marc Duffy from SI said they are almost finished with the US version so the original of 11/30 is looking good. gogamer.com is selling the "import" version for $45

22. stattosoftware

stattosoftware New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    What's the difference between the 'import' version and the 'USA' version?

23. GeordieInExile

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    The U.S version will have 'Americanisms' rather than the 'English' commentary. Basically it's the same game but suited to the North American market. When a patch is released it'll be suitable for both versions. :)

24. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    I was just handed my copy. Received my copy from www.gameplay.co.uk in less than a week.

I will give you all a review just as soon I get it installed. I'm thinking about starting with the Icelandic second division. Today a small island, tomorrow the dominating force in the Champions League. :)

25. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sega now lists 11/30 as the release date so now I just have to annoy the local gaming store. I wanted to support the US sales of the game so I decided to wait. The Americanization doesn't bother me I guess because I'm American and because I'm flexible