what should i do, now until the next game?

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by meltoid, Apr 14, 2008.

1. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    twiddle my thumbs?

Everyday Ive been randomly chanting quakes chants around the house or in the car, counting down the days until the next quakes function. My boyfriend joins in and I think its funny. He said, "Now you know how I felt those years the quakes were gone."

Im sort of a new fan, only recently becoming consumed with the quakes. We watched the LA v Toronto game yesterday and I was yelling at my true enemies and laughing in the face of donovan with his missed shots! ahahha.

but anyways, my point is... how do YOU usually pass the time until the next game. :cool:Brainstorm begin:

2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You could consider getting involved with the Soccer Silicon Valley Community Foundation, www.ssvcf.org, the only all-volunteer fan-based (that's us Quakes fans) philanthropy in American professional sports. We've got several projects we're working on, including the SSV Kidzone (you may have seen the banner on opening day). We need volunteers (as well as funds), and one of the purposes of the group is to give every Quakes fan an opportunity to feel part of the club while giving back to the community through soccer.

For instance: we need volunteers to help collate and catalog donations of Quakes ephemera and memorabilia (jerseys, programs, pictures, etc.) to History San Jose, the city's history museum, as part of the Soccer Legacy project. Imagine spending your free time touching soccer history while preparing it for eventual display in our new stadium.

And by the way, we need folks to spend some time going through their attics, closets and basements to look for items gathering dust that belong in the museum. (At the pregame party opening day I spoke to a former NASL Quake whose wife had years ago given away artifacts like a signed George Best jersey to Goodwill. He said it almost sparked a divorce. The wife, standing right there, shrugged her shoulders.) What are you saving it for? Donate it to the museum and get a donation receipt for your tax preparer. You'll be happy you did around this time next year.

3. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or drink beer. :eek:

4. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    Drink beer at the Almaden Brit...anyone interested in getting together there on Sat for a viewing party?

5. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    Normally, I'd go for that... But I'm going to a concert in San Francisco that evening. Perhaps the next game.

6. yadayadayada

yadayadayada New Member

Apr 11, 2008
    san jose
    the brit is showing a fighting match on saturday... :-(

check the sticky pre-colorado thread for discussion on where to watch it.

hope to see you wherever we decide!

ETA: it looks like some of us are heading to ye olde royal oak pub in santa clara...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ye-olde-royal-oak-pub-santa-clara

7. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good choice. This has been suggested as a pre-match watering hole for Buck Shaw games. Within staggering distance!
    Also, right across the street from the future Epicenter.

8. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    oh my bf just said that there is going to be an official viewing party (email sent by the quakes) at o'flarety's in downtown SJ on san pedro.

something about giveaways and drink specials! free and cheap stuff, how can i pass that up?

o'flarety's anyone?

9. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winner!

10. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    Leeanne and I will be at O'Flaherty's as well. See you there!

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    tear up newspapers into confetti, all day, every day. have all your friends and neighbors do same. start a confetti drive at local schools. by next galaxy day you'll be able to make it snow all match. like this:

[​IMG]