What players style do you try to emulate???

Discussion in 'Player' started by Mr_Breaducce, May 18, 2007.

1. Quaresma18

Quaresma18 New Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Franck Ribery. What A Player.

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What about Quaresma?

3. Quaresma18

Quaresma18 New Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ofcourse quaresma aswell !!

who else can curve the ball so well with the outisde of his foot.
    it has become his special move the "trivela".

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's my favorite right now, but I wouldn't dream of trying to be like him. :eek:

5. seanyg

seanyg New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i would have to think i play like david beckham or xabi alonso i dont need flashy moves to get by ppl just cutting it is enough and i can find a person very well and have alot of range on my shot and im probabaly one of the slowest players out there

6. coppa

coppa New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Downingtown, PA
    puyol/john o shea combo is how i play in defense.

7. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I am named nicknamed messi. Short build up, lefty, long hair, argentinian looking. As for the skills I emulate ronaldo messi and dinho

8. J4GD3V

J4GD3V New Member

May 3, 2009
    Wolverhampton
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I play at full back so i would say either Gael Clichy or Daniel Alves, both very attacking full backs who make overlapping runs and get crosses in.
    Occasionaly I play on the wing as well so i would also say i'm similair to Samir Nasri.

9. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It depends if i'm playing in defence then i will play like Terry as he has a win the ball at all costs attitude. If i'm playing attack its the same but like Rooney.

10. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don't try to emulate anyone, but I will admit to having picked up a few ideas from watching other players.

I try to create my own moves, adapted to my own pace and movement, so I know I can do them all the time. I've been reasonably successful, but with everything, there are a few where you almost end up on your face, and go back to the drawing board.

I'd like to do some things like some players, but I wouldn't want to play like them. My style has worked for me, and has seen me play in every position possible (though I always play my best when I'm in the hole, or as a holding midfielder).

11. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    My style is definitely based off of the old-style south american attacking midfield such as Maradona, Valderrama, Juninho Paulista, Aguinaga, Cubillas: start from the middle, slow the pace, quick 1-touches, dribbling forward when I have to, but most importantly feeding the ball where no one expects it to go. I also love to shoot from farther back.

Unfortunately, where I am in Japan, the style here is more flash than substance. Most Japanese guys I've played with only like to dribble the ball all the way to the net and do little else. They have little shooting skill/timing, or passing skill, so the midfield goes relatively unused--which is bad for me.

So, generally, I've just been feeding balls up and have begun developing quick chips with little rear-leg extension, like Cubillas would do.

12. passandscore

passandscore New Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ashley Cole: I like to win the ball and then go forward up the wings as quickly as possible from left back.

13. Celarien

Celarien New Member

May 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I play midfielder... I like to inspire my moves on Corinthians' Douglas, a sort of downgrade from Zidane, in a certain way...

14. maDawOw

maDawOw New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Ploiesti, Romania
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Raul Gonzalez..the art of scoring

15. sz10000

sz10000 New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
  16. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Xavi, Gerrard ;O

17. Aj935

Aj935 New Member

May 10, 2009
    Wheelersburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I know people will probably say im stupid, but i have my own style, i dont really focus on playing like someone else, but rather playing like myself ;) its a good style you know, playing like yourself, lol

18. ReeNah

ReeNah New Member

May 7, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi everybody. I acutally play a little like Andrea Pirlo. I play central midfield but play a little deeper then my partner cm and try cutting off throughballs and player runs through the middle. I usually start my teams attacks, like spread the ball out of half to wingers or put balls straight to strikers. I tend to sit bit deep hardly run into the box and I try to be the simple back pass option for my attackers. I also take free kicks for the team.

HOWEVER I want to be playing like SGerrard more. I dont have as much workrate and do get alittle lazy in the game and my other mc partner plays like Gattuso and runs hard all game chasing down everyball which works quite well with me. I want to be more box to box but fitness wont allow it...

Cheers,
    ReeNah

19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My style has changed and its pretty much a carbon-copy of Inzaghi with a speck of Shearer. I'm out of shape and I joined a league a few weeks ago, played 3-4 games so far and I'm a forward. I stay all the way up the field, playing off the last defenders shoulder, living offside practically the whole game. I'll even walk behind the last defender making myself offside and then at the last moment I try to get even before I get the ball played to me. I play with my back to goal completely - I don't think I've even tried to beat a player one on one yet, I'm just poaching goals.

20. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    when i play foward, i like to emulate Amauri. hes big fast and great on the ball. i got all that exept height... in the midfield i try to be like Fabregas, quick on the ball distribute, receive and look to create chances.
    in defence i like to think of Ivan Cordoba(minus the age) hes not the biggest, but hes really fast and has no fear. also references to Gattuso and Cannavaro.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How come your not signed to a professional contract yet?

22. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thats what i forgot to mention. barcelona saw me, and they signed me to start for dani alves in the final.

23. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    emulating a player is hard enough but you´re doing it in every position holy sh.. :eek:

24. ringtone

ringtone New Member

May 26, 2009
    Wichita, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steven Gerrard
    I love the way he plays soo much.

25. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ive been on a regional championship team for 4 years and ive adapted to every position. for me it wasnt that hard. and of course i never said i was the best, but im solid id say.