What Percentage of the Games will you be watching?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by dark knight, Jun 8, 2006.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Junkie or social watcher?

2. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to try and catch all of Group E's games and all of the following countries' games: England, Brazil, Germany, France, Argentina, Netherlands, and all of the CONCACAF nations games. I'd say that's at least 50%, which I voted for, since I know I'll miss some despite my best efforts.

3. One Armed Scissor

One Armed Scissor New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Ah I wish it could be 100%! I switched my work hours so I'm only working evenings now but there's only so much class I can skip! :( So right now it's looking like 50%. I need to find an old cheap vcr to tape games or something

4. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Will most likely watch all games :D Quite a treat to see all the World class players :)

Even if my schedule doesnt allow me to do it I will record some of them ....

No way in Hell Im missing any Mexico Live games, even if they have to fire my SS , Oh well ! .
    GO MEXICO

5. SoCalian

SoCalian New Member

May 17, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I would love to watch all of the games, but I'll be in South Africa for half of it.

6. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I'll hear they'll be watching games in South Africa too.

7. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like me; I'll be in France and Spain for the latter half. At least the games will be on at a more reasonable time for me to watch, then. Then again, the wife might kill me on our honeymoon :)

8. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All.

Todos.

Tout.

So what if I don't know German?!?!

:D

9. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alles. ;)

And me too; I'll try to watch every game. The first football game I ever watched was during the 2002 cup, and now I'm the hopeless addict you see before you -- up the night before kickoff, too many butterflies to sleep.

10. SoCalian

SoCalian New Member

May 17, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I'll certainly try watch them, but I don't know if I will be busy while they are going on or not. The worst part is that I'm leaving on the same day as the US-Italy game!

11. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap, you scheduled your honeymoon during the FREAKING WORLD CUP? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, MAN??!?!?

That's some seriously poor event planning. ;)

12. HattrickStriker

Feb 19, 2006
    Area 51 & 52
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I picked 50%. But, if I get fired from my job for watching at work, then it could very well be 100%! :D

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It'll be tough, but I'm gonna shoot for 100% coverage, thanks to my trusty multi-DVR setup. The last (simultaneous kickoff) games of the group stages are always tough, but I'll be doing the PIP thing. Only games I might miss are any meaningless final group games.

And I planned a family trip for the 4th of July to be sure we only travel on rest days.

14. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    I said 100% but will probably miss one or two for various reasons along the way. But it's closer to 100% than 75% for sure.

I'm fortunate enough to have a job at this juncture of my life, like last time, that allows me to watch every game that's on.

15. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    No doubt.

The first thing AFLette asked me once we got engaged last year was when the World Cup is. She knows how much it means to me and didn't want me to have to miss any games because of a honeymoon - or any part of the wedding process for that matter.

16. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I will watch all of them. I will either watch them live, or the next day after taping them because of the time difference.

17. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What sucks for me is that I saw probably 90% of the matches for 2002, but I'm going to see probably less than 25% of the matches for this one. Why did everyone tell me that being employed was better than being unemployed??!?!

18. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, but I'll be in Europe, able to watch the games, as opposed to being at work and having to tape-delay everything! And I've timed any travel between cities to be on off-days. We're not the type of people to hide at some beach, anyway; we'd rather go out and enjoy the towns and cities we'll be in.

Besides, it'll be great if, when in France or Spain, I can watch a game that they are in...

19. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will try 100%, but will probably miss a couple of games...

Fortunately, I'm not working at the moment. :) This is the only time I ever get excited about Ecuador vs Poland!

20. Plavi

Plavi New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Philadelphia
    100% maybe a little less, I finish finals on the 16th and am free until I leave for europe at the end of June.

21. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should just about hit 100%. Thanks to my DVR and some judiciuosly chosen vacation days here and there.

I agree Bootsy--it's much, much better to be unemployed right now. Of course, I DO have 190 hours of sick leave...

22. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    190 hours of sick leave, jesus. My employer doesn't give us separate sick vs. holiday time -- just "paid time off." So every day taken off sick (which I had to do twice earlier this week -- why couldn't it have been *next week*?) is a day I can't take off for vacation. Which sucks.

23. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2002 I watched every game (fast-forwarded through a couple on the TiVo). Unfortunately, this time it'll be more like 50% since I'm now (a) employed and (b) the father of a 10-month old.

24. Atlemar

Atlemar Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Olympia, Wash.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 1998, a VCR malfunction made me miss Belgium-Netherlands, and then I skipped some in the third phase of the first round.

In 2002, I watched 62 games. I slept through my alarm and missed the Senegal-Turkey and Spain-Korea quarters.

This year, I will watch 64 games, most on delay. Thanks to an incident with an unknowing cable guy, I had the Ecuador-Poland match spoiled for me, but I will watch it anyway, because no way am I giving up this early.

The hard part will be Game 63, when I'll be away at a conference and having to actually do things during the game. But I think some arrangements will be made.

25. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank god for tivo. I have my summer job most of those days. I figure call in sick for USA games and then TIVO the rest.