What next for CONCACAF (post-arrests)?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Blue Lou, May 27, 2015.

1. Blue Lou

Blue Lou Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I wanted to discuss CONCACAF specifically.

Their previous General Secretary Chuck Blazer (Co-Conspirator #1) was arrested in May 2013 and has been assisting the FBI in combating corruption since.

Their previous President Jack Warner is in hiding in Trinidad and will have a hearing on 7 July to decide whether he can be extradited to the US to face criminal charges.

The current General Secretary (Co-Conspirator #4) has been accused of taking organising illicit payments during his time at Traffic Sport and organising bribes for the CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb.

The current CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb has been accused of receiving bribe for arranging for his GenSec's previous employer to be given tv deals.

For their part, CONCACAF's media director has issued the following statement:

http://www.concacaf.com/article/concacaf-statement-6

What do the arrests of this morning mean for the future CONCACAF?

Surely, it's likely they will move out of USA.

2. GopherDeuce

GopherDeuce Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully when everything is said and done, CONCACAF can remove the Carribean islands and create a 2nd 10-country federation in the Western Hemisphere. Let the islands go against each other ala Oceania. The Copa America and whatever a N/C American version would be can easily pluck those island teams to fill out the tournament spots.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

4. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

5. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

6. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Changes a-plenty in CONCACAF.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    That's one of the most bias stories I have read in a while. The Caribbean FA's are far and away the most curropt members in Concacaf and that is saying a lot because over the last few years they have made the Central American FA's look competent in comparison. The tiny Caribbean FA's can threaten to leave but all they really want is their gravy train back I hope we never go back to the way things were under Warner and to a lesser extent Webb.

10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  11. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
  12. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Alvarado-Panama
    Blazer-U.S
    Callejas- Honduras
    Hawit- Honduras
    Jiménez- Guatemala
    Li- Costa Rica
    Rocha- Nicaragua
    Salguero- Guatemala
    Trujillo- Guatemala
    Vasquez-El Salvador
    Warners-TNT
    Webb-Cayman
    Davidson-U.S.

But But F.B.I. The Caribbeans are way more corrupt. Never mind who am I to question the F.B.I. :laugh:

13. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

One thing I have never been able to understand about Caribbean football fans is the need to defend the Caribbean fa's curroption and status quo. As far as I am concerned they can throw out all Central American fa's and start again.

I mean are you going to argue Horrace Burrell isn't curropt just because the fbi didn't go after him?

14. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

Never said that. I'm responding to you and other bias posters who only want to point fingers at just the Caribbean. It's all corrupted stop trying compartmentalized the percentage of corruption.

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I point fingers at certain people in Caribbean football that for as long as I have been watching have run concacaf.

It's not as if my feelings toward Warner extend beyond how I feel about him. There where a lot of people within T&T football that spoke out against him.

However several Caribbean fans seem to think because Caribbean football is labeled curropt that somehow means the same as calling the Caribbean curropt and feel the need to defend against that claim when it's beyond clear the people running concacaf from the Caribbean where beyond doubt curropt.

That doesn't mean Blazzer an American or several others from other parts of concacaf aren't also themselves curropt how anyone can come to that conclusion makes no sense. I have followed Central American football fairly closely I know first hand there is plenty of curroption there as well. It's not as if because one side is curropt the other side can't be as well

16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010