What Manager Game Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Pompey.ca, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Pompey.ca

Pompey.ca New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    There are a lot of interesting soccer management games out there. While Hattrick seems to be the biggest, I enjoy Trophy Manager the best. Im surprised its still has less than 100000 members. Just like to get everyones ideas on this who loves online strategy.:)

2. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    Since almost 3 years, I've been playing SoccerProject like a true addict.
    I came in when there were only about 1500 players, and it now has about 37.000 :D
    I think it's a great game, it must rank with the best avaiilable.

I played many of those games. Itsagoal was great untill it went down in 2003/2004. I believe it's back, but I never bothered to play it again.

Hattrick was too slow for me, one game a week was just not enough to get a feel for my team.

I also played Onlinesoccermanager a few times, but I consider that a mini-game without the depth of the games above.

I tried some german ones too, onlinefussballmanager was pretty decent I think. 2MinMan had some nice features, but is too limited.

Pfff.. what else... I played more, but forgot some of the names :)

The Trophymanager sounds fun, I really think I will give it a try after my vacation when I have some more time...

3. niles shark

niles shark New Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Curamanager.com .. simple, games every 1-2 days, kind of retro styled manager

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa manager 07

5. Axiss

Axiss New Member

Nov 8, 2007
    I play http://www.footballarena.org/. It started 1.5 year ago, but there is an English translation now (before there was no English) and new countries. So you can register and be first players of your countries :)

6. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone introduced me to trophymanager and I enjoy that game. 2 seasons 2 promotions including winning the league last season

7. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    I'm still a beginner on Trophymanager, so I can't really tell yet. Looks promising, but only time will tell if it has staying-power for me...

I also found another game that is different in a tactical level, and that part really surprised me:
    www.sokker.org
    The funny thing is, that you can setup your team the exact same way you like it.
    You can decide where on the field your players are when the ball is in the middle, and where they should go for 35 other positions of the ball. It seems like they took the idea from good old SWOS, and it's great fun to do!
    Also, I just played my first match last weekend, and you actually get to see the whole match, so you can watch how your strategy worked against the other team. Did my midfielders have to run too much? Were there big holes on the field? Etcetera, very tactical.
    If you want to see what I'm talking about, look for "sokker" on youtube and you will see :D
    I love the idea, although the graphics and smoothness of the game aren't there yet, and the manager-part seems to lack depth. But that tactical thing is really cool, never seen that before in an online football-manager-game :rolleyes:

But of course my #1 stays SoccerProject :p

8. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey, is it a good game?
    I liked the 08 demo, but i wanted to know if it is really worth it watchig the match in 3D??

9. Kerkrade

Kerkrade New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I play hattrick but not so active anymore. Since almost 2 years I'm addicted to Trophymanager, man I love that game...

10. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    Been playing Trophymanager for about two months now.
    It's okay, but I can't get hooked to it.
    I don't like the navigation on the site. menu-controls are way below optimal, the site isn't clear enough in many things, and financially it seems way too easy. I started with what, 40 million or so? I keep expanding and buying stuff, but the money gets more and more :-s
    The way it shows the games is fun for once, but wears off quickly.

On the good side, I have to give it credit because I've been playing for two months already. If it wasn't good, I would have quit weeks ago.
    I think I'll play for another month (or two) and then see again if I should quit or keep playing.
    I started Sokker after Trophymanager, and that game got me hooked right away :)
    So now, for me it's
    1. SoccerProject
    2. Sokker
    3. Trophymanager
    4. Nothing

11. Buckscounty Mark

Dec 6, 2006
    Quakertown, Pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was playing WWSM. Just got my Fifa Manager, so I will be playing this now.

12. Carolina United FC

Carolina United FC New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Started playing Championship Manager many moons ago. Switched to Football Manager and have just now purchased Football Manager 08'.

13. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    football manager '08.

i used to play soccermanager a lot.. http://www.soccermanager.com/

it's a very good online game. benefits from the fact that all the players are real life footballers and their ratings in the game reflect their current form in real life football.

i was one of the original members on it but left after a dispute with the owners on the forum in the game. however it is a pretty good online game and of course it can be played for free or as a gold member. gold membership doesn't give you any extra help over free members. it just means you can have more teams in different setups and can participate in special gold setups.

definitely worth checking out for people who like online management games.

14. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Anyone know where to play ESMS manager games?

15. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still also play Championship Manager 01/02 because I have hooked up with some people who provide up to date squads list and our last release was in November and our next one will be in mid to late February with the January Transfers in place.

16. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    been playing Trophymanager for 5 or so seasons now. i'm currently in the second division, crapping out at the end of last season with promotion near. now i'm mid-table this year. the improved youth academy has brought a nice change to the game, and i'm eagerly waiting the fully open transfer market that they're working on.

the nice thing about TM is that even if you don't have Pro, you have any less chance of winning. Pro just has some nice features that make things a bit easier, but you can certainly succeed without it. i'll probably pick up Pro at some point soon to support the game.

17. Rbkman

Rbkman New Member

Dec 30, 2007
  18. lokomotive

lokomotive Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Munich
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    I am playing FIFA (Fussball) Manager 2008. Basically the series since years.

19. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Currently playing FM08 (Football Manager) with Liverpool and im in Feb 2008. 3rd on the league table behind Chelsea (3 points) and Man Utd (8 points) while ahead of Arsenal (by 4 points). I will most likely finish 3rd in the league. In the CL i finished top of an easy group and beat Sevilla in the first leg of the knockout match 3-2 at Sevilla.

I just won the Carling/Careless Cup vs Wigan 2-1 in extra time (i was $1.17 favourite)...FFS Torres had just returned from a month long injury and even though he was 85% fit (he was tired) i had him on the bench in case...well i had to bring him on after i was down 1-0 at half time and he scored 2 goals and received MOTM...bloody legend. I also just beat Man Utd in the 5th round of the FA Cup 4-1 :eek: with Babel scoring 2. Babel also scored 4 goals in one game previously (again :eek:) after having a lean patch of form. Worst loss is 5-2 vs Man Utd in the league and best win is 5-0 in early FA Cup match.

Bought Marcelo (Madrid) at the start of the season after something made him unhappy at Madrid for 6 million pounds as well as buying Martin Skrtel for 6.5 million pounds who in his first 6 appearances (5 starts and 1 sub appearance) has got match ratings of 8-7-8-8-8-7 and also scored 2 goals from corners (ive only scored 3 other goals from corners all season). Sold Riise to Man City for 4.9 million and Kuyt has signed for Inter and is going at the end of the season for 11.25 million pounds. Bought Ezequiel Garay from Racing and he is joining at the end of the season for bout 10 million pounds while Podolski is also joining at the end of the season for 11.5 million pounds, even though Bayern Manager (Hitzfield) didnt want to sell, Beckenbauer (legend) accepted the deal.

Struggling atm due to injuries to Pennant (out for another 2 weeks), Hyypia (out for another 3 weeks), Aurelio (out til august 08) and Arbeloa (out for another month with a broken jaw/head injury) which leaves me with only Finnan and the inexperienced Marcelo as my full-backs. Hopefully i will get throught the 2nd leg vs Sevilla at Anfield.

20. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
  21. TicketsHolder

TicketsHolder New Member

Mar 30, 2008
  22. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FM 08.
    Greatest game ever.

23. brogrenkp

brogrenkp New Member

Apr 4, 2008
  24. Boogieman2

Boogieman2 New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Check out Virtual Manager! It's actually a very popular Danish game but they just recently translated it into English.

Also checkout the cool match viewer!

25. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any manager games out there that use MLS? Didn't MLS get pulled from the ChampMan series a couple years ago?