What Major Power will Flop at the World Cup?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Cassano, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When was the last time Spain lost? They went on quite a roll there at the latter stage of qualifying.

2. pgarciajumela

pgarciajumela New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    USA
    Even though Spain has a history of underachievement, I think it would be just fare to consider the seeded teams for this poll:

1. Germany
    2. Brazil
    3. Argentina
    4. England
    5. France
    6. Italy
    7. Spain
    8. Mexico

The teams above are the ones seeded for Fridays Final Draw for the Worl Cup. These are the ones to be considered for the flop, don't you think? Even if some of them have never really gotten far, at least lately.

3. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    This is what u chose to post for ur first time ?...but why ??

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    They might actually have the longest unbeaten streak of any international side. I believe it is something around 19 matches.

5. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

SAD to say but yes :( ill be glad if they make past round of 16!!!

6. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Surprised to see England has this Honor so far. 50% more then then next rival.

7. RIVER CAMPEON

RIVER CAMPEON New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    NYC+Abruzzo+Mendoza
    England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!england!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Soccer_Not_Football

Soccer_Not_Football New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    spot on dude! England are the most overrated side ever!!!!!!! it is going to be fun seeing the look on the faces of there arrogant fans when they go home early :) :D

9. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Are you on crack? On paper England have a brilliant side. Yes they choke, but they've got such an easy group! If they were in C or E I may not be so optimistic. I reckon they'll get 3rd place in the Championship.

10. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They only got to the second round even when they hosted. Same as the US. At least the US made the quarterfinals last year. Spain chokes. Good talent but they get overawed against their opponents.

11. RIVER CAMPEON

RIVER CAMPEON New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    NYC+Abruzzo+Mendoza
    They'll choke!!! I can't wait to see the look on their faces thinking they were a good team because Argentina let them win the friendly game...hahaha wow are they cocky lol!!

12. Soccer_Not_Football

Soccer_Not_Football New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    :D

They ego's have gone through the roof since that victory! they were lucky to win it. They only won it because Argentina took there best players off.

I'll say that: anybody who thinks England can win the world cup is a fool. Don't beleive all the hype surrounding the team, they are the msot overrated team in the world

England are going out in the first round! :D

13. enuff

enuff New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Istanbul
    spain as usual... their league so high in quality, is fun but full of latin americans, their national team is the most common disappointment in my opinion in every big event so far for me...
    holland seems a little overrated for me... and also italy's defensive mentality must crack for once so they will try to play rather than trying to stop others play...