What Jerseys do you own?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PPereiraSANSA, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Porto fans stole your jerseis

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe the baggage men got fed up of hearing about how Pinto da Costa shaves his balls in an unsportsmanlike manner......

3. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    post of the year so far. "must spread rep"

4. mrjstin

mrjstin New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just starting my collection ...

Man U
    08 Home - Ronaldo
    09 Home - Nani

Real Madrid
    09 Home - Ronaldo
    10 Away (Just ordered) - Ronaldo

Portugal
    10 WC Away - Ronaldo

Looking to get a Sporting CP of Ronaldo but can't find anywhere to order. Any ideas? Very cool thread...lots of your collections make me drool :)

5. ShawnRyan

ShawnRyan New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I am looking to buy a Portugal Jersey (Blank No Player) but I need 3x.. I cant seem to find it anywhere! Can someone help me!

6. ghost24

ghost24 New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Does anyone here know if Cristiano Ronaldo's jersey is going to have his name spelled on his back as "C. Ronaldo" or just "Ronaldo"?
    I'm asking this because I received my 2010 Portugal Away jersey in the mail and it was spelled "C. Ronaldo".
    The store tells me that they got that spelling directly from the federationa and that they think it to be right.
    I told them that I think they're wrong and that everywhere else that sells this jersey has just "Ronaldo" spelled on the back.
    I don't know what to do.
    Should I return the Jersey?
    I've even emailed FIFA directly to try and find out who's right and who's wrong.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Força!

7. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ^^^ It will be just Ronaldo, I have the same jersey and decided to keep it. Hey, put it this way, the "C" separates him from the brazuca ronaldo.

8. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    For those living in Montreal. LOGO Sports (on St-Laurent Blvd.) is selling both the black and Maroon W.C 2006 Portugal jersey for 40 dollars. All sizes avaialble. Great deal in my opinion..

9. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    did you go watch formula 1? i was there for the weekend , and on saturday after qualifying i went to watch the USA vs ENGLAND game at FRAPPS. the CHAMPS sports bar was packed and didn't let anymore people in. then after went to eat at CASA MINHOTA.

10. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    I did not go to F1 this year. Good choice of restuarant. We often hold family events at Casa Minhota. Too bad you could not get in at Champs, but its okay because Portugal was not playing. I have had many many great times at Champs sports bar through the years with Portugal victories..For big Portugal games, that is where you want to be. Hope you enjoyed our city.

11. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Many of the main sites are screwed up....Soccer.com, Kitbag, Subsidesports, etc...

Some have C.Ronaldo & some have Ronaldo.
    Some have R.Carvalho & some have Carvalho.
    I've also seen some with B.Alves & some with just Alves.

12. Fc_Porto

Fc_Porto Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Porto
    lol who cares. As long as the jersey looks good. The C. doesnt matter

13. Panther1903

Panther1903 Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Mississauga, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Boavista - 10 different

Other Portuguese clubs (Porto, Braga, Setubal, Guimaraes, etc.) - 21

European clubs (Arsenal, Sevilla, etc.) - 12

14. jloeseth

jloeseth Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Portugal home shorts is white and Portugal home socks are green.

In the 2010 World Cup game between Portugal and North Korea, however, Portugal wore red shorts and red socks. I thought that all-red kit was very beautiful. I have looked everywhere for that red shorts and red socks, but they seem to be very hard to find.

Does anyone here know where I can buy this red shorts and red socks?

15. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Portuguese jersey I own is a 2008-2009 Lucho Gonzalez Porto Home jersey, and I ********ing love it. :D

I'm gonna get a Moutinho Porto one too, though, as he's my favourite player.

16. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hmmm....

About 20 home and away New England Revolution shirts, including game worn 2001 Jeff Causey GK, 2004 Shalrie Joseph away long sleeve, and 2007 Andy Dorman home long sleeve

At least 6 different home and away Boavista shirts (most beautiful shirts in the world!!) including one signed by the entire 2006 team

1 Sheffield Wednesday shirt signed by Def Leppard bassist Rick Savage

5 or 6 Seleccao shirts (a couple woth Ronaldo #7)

4 Wolfsburg, 2 Feyenoord, 1 Canada National Team, 4 US National Team, 2 Mansfield Town (UK), 1 Panionios, 2 Maritimo (Funchal, Madeira)

I think that's it.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    just googled up the boavista shirt, must admit it rox.

i have a wednesday jersey as well, picked it up for a song on e-bay to match those of friends who wear huddersfield, grenoble and porto shirts sunday mornings. got a bradford jersey at the same time from the same seller since the shipping was as much as the shirt!

a wal-mart bought chivas shirt i always keep in the bag not to have to wear our group's ridiculously undersized red bibs. it's red with blue accents and the crest in the middle, very smart though i have no idea if it's at all official.

an anderlecht and a fiorentina shirt from my purple period, the RSCA one is longsleeved, good on nippy mornings until now, but this summer i got a longsleeved celtic jersey at the hoops shop in glasgow for £7.99... picked up a pair of kaisers the same day for £19,99... 23€! christ, they just give stuff away in the UK!

but when it gets really cold i wear a toff's replica OL 1964 shirt, thick cotton more like an old rugby shirt. then the other OL shirts; white (cris) gold (govou) and gray (sonny anderson): the last one only goes to the stadium on special occasions, too precious to play in... i'm going to be buried in it one day!

ten in all. not bad for a 53 year old kid.

18. canarinhoamazonense

canarinhoamazonense New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    O Paris dos Tropicos
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have been looking for the black benfica one for a while now on ebay and can't find one for sale. Is there anybody out there that is looking to sell a black benfica jersey preferably XL from the 09/10 season? I am also seeking the red one preferably XL.

19. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I received the 2010/11 Benfica home jersey. It's actually a really nice looking jersey, despite the blue tmn box. Also a nice touch are the league numbers, where they have watermarks of the league logo.

BTW, anyone looking for Portuguese NT gear, check out this link. 25% off clearance items plus free shipping from nike.com. The NT home and away jerseys, anthem jacket, and some other gear are all on clearance.

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that "alternate alternate" stuff used to make sure none of the kit components match the opponents' is often very hard to find. clubs often use old shorts and socks from past seasons they've kept in stock for that purpose. when OL switched to adidas they had a big jumble sale and there were socks and shorts from all the years humbro did their kits. anyway, the first place i looked at least had the socks:

http://www.madeinsport.com/fr_nv_fiche__Chaussettes-Portugal-Domicile-2008-2010-544428.html

21. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One to add to the collection:
    2010-2011 SC Beira-Mar Home:)

22. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    hi there.
    back after a while. very good thread, and as it is my hobby, i would like to contribute.
    anyway, i will not list all of my shirts as it would take quite a while, but you can check most of my stuff (benfica+portugal) on my new site http://benfica-portugal-shirts.blogspot.com

among those are shirts of ronaldo, ricardo carvalho, simao, coentrao, figo, rui costa, nuno gomes, etc.

23. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Darn you! I love the look of that jersey, and I don't think you can get it at all outside of Portugal.

:(

Orlando

24. slicks

slicks New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Rowland Heights, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Guys I have a quick question. Right before the 2002 World Cup, I was vacationing in Macau, China when I heard that the Portuguese team was actually in Macau for warm ups. Right away I went and bought the Portuguese team jersey, warm up jerseys and 2 Real Madrid Figo jerseys and went straight to there hotel not expecting much but hoping to get one or two signatures. Well to my surprise, there weren't that many people there and the players were all hanging around the coffee shop, smoking cigarettes (Nuno Gomes is a chimney) and chatting up girls haha. So I actually got the whole teams signatures, including Hugo Viana's who flew in to replace Daniel Kenedy, Figo's signatures and even all the trainers and coaches signatures. So I got every jersey I bought signed and they gave me a team program and got that entirely signed too. I even met and talked with Eusebio who gave me signed pictures of himself. I took a lot of pictures as proof. All the players where really nice and laid back except Rui Costa who wasn't friendly at all. So my question is, how much do you guys think my collection is worth? Not planning to sell it but I just wanted to know for curiosity's sake, and as I live in America, nobody here has any clue, I emailed and sent pictures to sport collectors and they have no idea. Thanks!

25. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    www.hookedonsoccer.com, call them and see if you can order via phone, they have the home and away jerseys and both come without the ugly sponsors!:)