what is the standard...

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by banbaseball, Jul 29, 2004.

1. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    for picking the correct size of boot. i just bought a new pair of copas, and don't know if they're too big. my toes don't touch the tip of the shoe, but then again i didn't wear soccer socks with them. waddya guys think?

2. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    they need to be very tight at the start when the leather is fresh

3. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (shrugs) i just bought the same size boot as i did regular shoe... i wear copa mundials and it works out fine...

of course i wear size thirteen so take that for whatever it's worth.

4. riceburner3508

riceburner3508 New Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    generally, you get them a little small, because the leather expands as you break in the leather. i dont think its very good if your toes dont touch the end of the shoe, because as you wear them more, youll find that the boots feel even bigger than when you originally bought them. i made that mistake when i bought my first predators. i shelled out a lot of cash to get those and they ended up being too big a couple games into the season. i wore them nevertheless but my season would have been better if i had some more snug boots.

5. RealFutbol21BG

RealFutbol21BG New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    North Carolina
    Your toe should be within 3/4 of an inch of the front of the shoe...any more is way too much. Try to get withing half an inch just to be safe. Shoes w/too much toe room can really ruin your game.