What is happening in the Croatian FA, especially with Mamic and Modric?

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey All Croatian Fans,

I have recently been hearing a lot about huge problems going on with Croatian Football. I have been reading since the start of Euro 2016 about Mamic being an extremely corrupt man and has been breaking a number of laws and getting a way with it by bribery. I also think I read somewhere that it is so serious that it is affecting the country's healthcare and education in terms of how money is spent and going way beyond just football. Can you explain this to me clearly? Is that really true?

If this is not completely true, why is Mamic hated so much? Also is this why there have been flares thrown on the pitch by Croatians? Like in Euro 2016 and Qualification for Euro 2016?

Also why does Modric support Mamic and the Mafia? Why is Modric getting involved in all these things when he is just a football player? Also do Rakitic and Mandzukic also have anything to do with this?

Is this also partly one of the reasons why managers are getting sacked like that? You guys sacked your manager right before 2014 World Cup playoffs, right before Euro 2016 last qualifying round, and now again just before 2018 World Cup playoffs. How come? I haven't been watching your games closely, but I have a feeling this is to due with a few particular players not playing for the manager due to these issues going on in the Croatian FA.

Please explain this to me.

2. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    All you said is true, to a certain extent. The last manager was reportedly a compromise between the players, and the corrupt heads of Croatian football. The stars don't want discipline while they are on NT duty.

3. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    #3 cromagnum, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Mamic basically runs Croatian football and Suker is his puppet. Mamic has threatened players and reporters with physical harm. Mamic has stolen lots of money from Dinamo transfers and is using the national team to sell players so he can make more money. Mamic son is an agent and if your a Dinamo player and don't sign for his sons agency Mamic will try everything to ruin your career. As far as Modric it is said that Modric was involved with Mamic stealing a large portion of his transfer from Dinamo to Tottenham. This is probably true but nobody really knows why Modric did this? Did Mamic threaten him or his career. Very possible he did as Mamic scouts are the ones who brought Modric to Dinamo. Modric was ready to retire from football at a young age after being rejected by his beloved Hajduk. Some coach in Zadar convinced Modric not to other wise there never would have been a Luka Modric.
    As far as the fans go many are fed up with the all the corruption. They have boycotted the national team as long as Mamic and Suker are in charge. Some fans have even gone as far as to sabotage the national team so that Mamic and Suker lose money hoping this will make them give there resignation. I don't see that happening. Croatian football is a mess and it's a shame as there has never been more talent then there is now. I don't know what the solution is but boycotting and sabotaging will not help either. Dinamo fans have boycotted for years now and Mamic is still there. Dinamo used to have a great fan base at games. Now there lucky if they got 500 people at a game.
    Rakitic has nothing really to do with Mamic as he was born and raised in Swiss. Not sure if Mandzukic is a part of Mamic son agency or not but most of the former Dinamo players are. Perisic has nothing to do with Mamic as he was a Hajduk player. Fans and media got on Srna to speak out against Mamic but he never got involved in the political side of football. As far as the players quitting on the previous managers that has been media speculation. All the managers that have been appointed have close ties with Mamic though.

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the explanation. How does Mamic use the national team to sell players though? I don't get exactly how that works. Is Mamic just in charge of Dinamo Zagreb or all of Croatian Football?

5. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Mamic runs Dinamo Zagreb and his son runs a footballing agency. Mamic has some kind of official title with the national team but I'm not sure what it is. Suker is the president of Croatian football but he basically does what mamic tells him to do. Mamic uses the national team to sell his players at dinamo Zagreb for a higher price. For example Pivaric the left back . A really bad player but was called up and started at left back for the national team. This was only so mamic could sell him for a better price. There are more examples of this but this is just one.

Testator repped this.
  6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sounds Awful. I actually thought Pivaric was a good player. Not that I have really watched Dinamo Zagreb once but I remember he played well vs Arsenal in 2015-16 UCL group stages. He scored one I think.

7. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Yes that was the goal of his life. Defensively he's horrible. The new coach finally benched Pivaric which is one of the main reason why i think Croatia beat Ukraine. The one good thing Mamic has done is he has built up a great youth academy for Dinamo Zagreb. Modric Kovacic Lovren Vrsajlko Brozovic Pjaca all play for top clubs in europe came from Dinamo zagreb youth.