What International Friendly game you wish would happen, at which ground, and why?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Skandal!!!, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    What International Friendly Game you wish would happen, at which ground, and why?

I would like to see Poland v USA in Krakow at Wisla Stadium or in Wroclaw, Stadion Miejski, sometime in March of 2018. Poland is USA main opponent outside of CONCAF - I do not believe USA has ever played anyone outside of CONCAF more often than Poland. It is most likely the other way around too, since I do not think Poland played anyone outside UEFA more often, than they did US. These games are usually very entertaining, but the last one took place in 2010. Both Poland and USA are likely WC 2018 participants, and will be therefore looking to get some preparation early next year. Since Poland should prepare vs someone outside UEFA, as they will get teams from other confederations at WC, and US would probably try to prepare close to Russia v someone of UEFA, this would be potentially a good match up. Krakow or Wroclaw would be good locations, as they have better pitches after winter than Northern locations in Poland, and milder wind and weather conditions in March; also, Poland does not play friendlies in Warsaw too often anymore.

Another one I would like to see is Poland v England at Stadion Slaski in Chorzow (should be fully ready by 2018) in June 2018, just before WC. Poland and England also have long lasting rivalry (I think only games v Germany are of equal importance to Polish fans), and played many games through the years, mainly during European Qualifiers (usually draws in Poland, English victories at Wembley/OT). The only game Poland ever won v England was WC qualifier in Chorzow in 1973, so Polish victory is long overdue. Chorzow, after redevelopment (which took eternity!), should be a good place to stage such a game (England could also see it as close enough to Russia to prepare).

Of course, a lot will depend on the draw in December of 2017 when it comes to rival selection before the event itself, but these two friendly internationals I would love to see.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to https://www.11v11.com/teams/usa/tab/stats/ Poland is USA's third most common opponent outside of CONCACAF. USA has played Colombia 19 times, Brazil 18 time, and Poland 17 times. USA's most common opponent outside of CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, and Poland is Germany with 11 games.

Skandal!!! repped this.
  3. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Good to know. So we are number one opponent in UEFA only... Still would like to see that game.

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran v USA in Tehran
    England v Iran in London

Skandal!!! repped this.
  5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Netherlands (country of residence) v Iraq (country of origin) in Amsterdam

Skandal!!! repped this.
  6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Argentina v England at the Monumental
    Catalunya v Spain at Camp Nou

Skandal!!! repped this.
  7. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    All good sugestions so far, i would not mind seeing any of these games as well!

8. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I do no not care where, but I would like to see Colombia/Chile vs France/Portugal. I think they would be intriguing high quality games.

Skandal!!! repped this.
  9. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll go with Portugal vs Colombia anywhere, simply because I find it incredible they have never played eachother before.

Skandal!!!, unclesox and HomietheClown repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They were initially rumored to play this month but it did not happen for some reason.