What happened to this forum

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by indestructible, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    it evolved

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not me, my cousin is a footballer and lost hundreds of thousands of pounds (what he has admitted to at least so probably worse), lost his family, stole from family members and was caught in his neighbours house. I say this and hes a really good guy but gambling, its like a demon takes him over. It is kept hush hush from public and masked as an injury. This happens more than you'd think with players. Jack Wilshere and his long term injury a few years ago ;)

Hes been through two rehabs. The 2nd time is fingers crossed working for good but I guess he takes it one day at a time.

I remember a family funeral when I was a kid. Before the dinner him and his older brother took me to the bookies. He was already signed and he blew like 400 pounds in 30 mins. I remember him not looking all that bothered about it. He wanted to bet more but we had to go back for the dinner. Looking back, it already had him before he was making big money.

My mum made sure I was well schooled on the dangers of gambling because of him. I looked up to him. So growing up i did like most other kids gamble a bit but because of my cousins problems I never let it get me. Perhaps it just wasn't in me to begin with, like how some can have a cigarette and not care for them after while others are instantly hooked.

I did go onto learn how to trade football. That is something I do love but its a paradigm shift away from gambling. You treat it like investing, learn money management skills, be super disciplined and then its up to you and your knowledge for the game. Thats the difference in trading and gambling. Systems and discipline, only betting 2-5% max of you bank roll on any bet v pure emotion gut feeling gambling. Under 2.5 goals as the fastest moving market, is the go to market. You were in and out of your trade in under 5 mins of the game starting. Me it was often less, I was happy making 1% of my stake split across under 2.5 or over 2.5. So I didnt care how the game went after. The discipline is not going in again to bet more.

People want to gamble with $100 and turn it into a $1000 instantly. The paradigm shift is considering it as an investment. A good long term stock investment who be considered 10-20% ROI. This is achievable and more by trading if you take away the gambling instincts based on emotion. The gambler might make that $100, maybe even turn it in $10,000 within a week or so but he will lose it all and more eventually.

I watched lot of football, I did enjoy it, my friends called me the football encyclopedia as I pretty much new every random team and a large number of players. It taught me a lot about reading games and the tactics across different leagues.

Then I moved to Canada and shortly after, Betfair and Canada had a fall out over tax and they were banned.
    The break however has been good for me. Lately I have had an itch to get back into it in some way, I just need to setup a VPN.

I am glad you're not addicted but also be careful with the fun bets as they can be a slippery slope as well.

3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sal has a gambling problem too. He bets on Juve games every week, even from behind the cage.