**What happened to the FORUM?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by BhoysFC1995, Aug 26, 2004.

1. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    yeah, i am asking the powers that be the same thing. hopefully the forum will be put back to the Cricket, Rugby & Aussie Rules Forum the way it was.

any questions, post here, i will pass along the info as i get it.

2. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    It looks like cricket and rugby were split into their own forums (threads moved, etc...). Maybe they're in the process of doing same with AFL?

3. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    well, i for one favor them all being in one?

what does everyone else think?

4. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I am in favor of keeping them all in one forum. I come in a read once in awhile and it just seems easier for us mods.

5. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    For the time being, I think they should all be under the one board.

6. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, why this disruption? Who asked for it? Please put things back the way they used to be.

7. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    It seems that ppl have decided to put all the AFL posts in the Rugby board. That's not right.

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did the unified forum garner enough posts and traffic to justify a split?

I can't imagine the individual fora to sustain traffic on each one's own merits.

But time will tell, I guess.

9. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And most of the cricket threads are still in the Rugby forum!

This is totally messed up. Some of the threads talk about multiple sports - mostly rugby and Australian football. I don't see any need for this split, as we were happy in harmony of the 3 sports together.

10. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    guys, i am still contacting the powers that be in regards to the future of the forum(s) as i am an advocate to have them merged back again. i will keep you all informed......

oh, and please continue to post your opinions (pro/con) on this new split here as it really is important and will make a difference.

11. Craig the Aussie

Craig the Aussie New Member

May 21, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Please change back !!

12. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    There's not enough AFL, Rubgy and/or Cricket posters to have seperate boards just yet, although Cricket could be a stand alone board with AFL and Rugby being on the one board.

13. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it is now? That's what it appears to be, actually, with all the AFL-related posts being on the board entitled "rugby".

Once again, I think it's a case of not enough posters, posts or traffic to justify the split.

14. westcoast929406

westcoast929406 New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Perth Western Aust.
    Have seen this thing happen on other forums -However if AFL is now under Rugby -er - Can Aussie Rules be added to the title. ie Rugby/Aussie Rules.

Just guessing that in playing numbers and interest in the US, it would be in order -Rugby -Cricket -Aussie Rules.
    Is this reflected in the number of posters for each sport, and the reason for splitting the previous forum.

Keep them- The three sports- altogether as before please.

15. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    This has got to be the greatest idiotic ignorant decision I've ever witnessed on this MB.

Huss, some-one should be bloody crimson with embarrasment at such a faux-pas !!!

Seems some-one has the power to unilaterally change things but obviously hasn't got a fvcking clue about the differences between Rugby League, Rugby Union, Aussie Rules, Cricket, etc. What a cultural ignoramus !!!

Typical of some-one who jumps in both feet and says Oooooops! afterwards.

So much for all thay good work in the posts leading up to the AFL finals, now just dissapated into the ether, just when the finals series are upon us.

Fix it mate !!!

:mad:

16. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    I don't think that's the issue.

17. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The worse part is, there was no warning about any of this. One of the big reasons for me to come to these boards, is to talk about these 3 sports, which I love. But I think I'll go to cricinfo, planetrugby, and bigfooty instead. Yes, I agree. This gung-ho split shows a lack of understanding of these sports, bordering on insult.

18. gekman

gekman Member

Jun 30, 2003
    New York City
    I'm sorry for the lack of announcement. It was coming, when the move was complete, but everyone started before I got around to it. We are going to be expanding our Rugby section, as it is a natural fit with our existing properties BigSoccer and BigFooty. As such, it was decided to remove the cricket so we have a clean and clear rugby space.

Hope you understand and look forward to a lot more exciting rugby talk.

19. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you at least move all the cricket specific threads to the cricket forum then? Later today when I get time, I'll start bumping them. Cricket items in the FAQ in the older merged forum look like a lost cause. Some tragedy. (Unless a mod wants to take the effort to filter out the cricket specific posts in that thread. bhoysfc?)

20. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    well folks, barring any last minute intervention from the Pope, it looks like as of now the change/split is how its going to be. i moved a bunch of the cricket threads over to the cricket forum (hey, don't forget its there, so go visit!), but if there are some i missed, post a link to it here and i will move it over.

just to let it be known, i was/am not an advocate of the split. i am a moderator here, not the rule maker.

so it seems we we should all make the best of it and move on, if you feel the need to vent, post it on this thread (not others).

jeff (bhoysfc1995)

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a mod that checks in (you guys have a good ship, no need to throw anything overboard), I am with Bhoys - not a fan of the split. But, baring great requests, looks like the change will stay.

22. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still curious about something, in the grand scheme of things.

When we had a unified cricket/rugby/Aussie Rules forum, was rugby union & rugby union getting that much more traffic and content than the others? I might be speaking with an inherent bias here, but I think that there have been more topics started about Aussie Rules than anything else, in the (approximately) six months that this forum has been up and running.

23. westcoast929406

westcoast929406 New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Perth Western Aust.
    Thanks to Babytiger for his AFL postings this year. This is one of the few US sports forums where Aussie Rules gets a mention.

Can the link to Bigfooty.com your sister site in Oz be restored to this area,
    with aussie rules mentioned in the reference.