What group matches are you looking forward to most?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by HansWorldCup, Feb 6, 2018.

1. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Yepp like the topic, i tried to rank the matches IAM looking forward to most.

round 1
    1. the opening match Russia - Saudi arabia, my country Sweden - South korea, and the other opponents in Swedens group Germany - Mexico

2. Denmark - Peru, Nigera - Croatia, Argentina - Iceland, Spain - Portugal, Poland - Senegal, Brazil - Swiss

3. Egypt - Uruguay, England - Tunisia, Colombia - Japan, Serbia - Costa Rica = in fact i could have all those matches at "2" too.

4. France - Australia, Belgium - Panama

If my english was better i would write about what i was looking forward too in every match!

2. NickK

NickK Member

United States
    Feb 20, 2016
    Hoboken, NJ
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'd definitely move Egypt v Uruguay into Category 2, as that is a game that could determine first place for that group. Also, how could you not have Spain v Portugal in Category 1?

3. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    #3 HansWorldCup, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    bah, becauce, 1. Swedens group, nothing is more fun, interesting etc and i have the opening match too because its the opening match. I think everyone have different lists. Yes but i think Serbia - Costa Rica is a more important match than Egypt - Uruguay, how you say it in english, its a win or die match. And for ME, yes Egypt - Uruguay is a better match but i think if one of them lose, i think they can survive but if Serbia or Costa Rica lose they are out.
    And again, for me, if i most rank the category 2 matches, i rank Denmark-Peru, Argentina-Iceland, Nigeria-Croatia higher up than Spain-Portugal of different reasons.

4. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Match #11 - Germany vs. Mexico - Big drawcard match in Luzhniki and a massive for Germany.
    Match #23 - Argentina vs. Croatia - Huge match, can't decide who will win but the loser will have some problems.
    Match #21 - France vs. Peru - Can Peru walk the walk? Which France will turn up?
    Match #43 - England vs. Belgium - For a few months I've thought Belgium were going to win by 2+ but after seeing Courtois' keeping lately and many English players hitting form I hope this match has goals!
    Match #11 - Brazil vs. Switzerland - Interested to see how Brazil start their tournament!

Others: Egypt vs. Uruguay, Portugal vs. Spain, Argentina vs. Iceland, Croatia vs. Nigeria, Russia vs. Egypt, Brazil vs. Costa Rica, Uruguay vs. Russia, Nigeria vs. Argentina, Serbia vs. Brazil.

But really excited for every game! Half my matches attending aren't mentioned above :O Hopefully they are all magical :)

tudobem62014 repped this.
  5. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    ahh nice, interesting how you think about the matches :)

6. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Not very descriptive or well written at 2:00am but those are the ones I'm most excited about at the moment! Will watch as many as possible (especially every South American team).

7. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Basically all games with Croatia, Iran, Peru, Spain and Brazil involved as these are the teams I wish to do well.

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In general, the matches that interest me the most in order of my interest would be those that feature:

1- Iran
    2- any other Group B matches
    3- any match involving a team from the AFC
    4- any match involving one or both of the favorites or main contenders or host
    5- other significant matches in groups with teams from the AFC
    6- any match involving a team from CAF (to assess AFC v CAF issues)
    7- a sample of matches involving teams from Concacaf (to assess AFC v Concacaf issues)
    8- at least one match involving a debutante (e.g., Iceland) or a side I have not seen at the World Cup in a while (e..g, Peru) or a side that I feel I need to see more in light of their ranking (e.g., Belgium, Poland)

Of course, I will usually try to watch as much of the World Cup as possible and I usually end up seeing at least one match for each of the teams in the tournament.

themanlarry repped this.
  9. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    After i read your 8.(points) it sounds like you see all matches at the end :) (joking)
    Serious, i thought u saw all matches Iranian Monitor!

10. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I usually try to see a good bit, but I am sure I will miss a few. The 3rd group matches you have to pick and choose anyway, since they will be played simultaneously. And there will be a few more I will miss, I am sure.

11. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    World Cup is magical
    Adult Disneyland baby!

themanlarry repped this.
  12. Carlozik

Carlozik New Member

Poland
    Dec 2, 2017
    I'm looking forward to:

1) definitely each Poland's game (hopefully 7 games in total ;)
    2) two Kaliningrad games I'm attending (ESP v MAR and BEL v ENG)

But basically all the games, especially with Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France etc.

13. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018

Hi Carlozik, i see you are from Poland!
    In my opinion i think Poland was of the 3 best teams in euro 2016 and you played the best match in that tourney too, the match against Germany.
    I think Poland can go to deep in this world cup. But would you say Poland was better 2016?
    i wanna hear from people from Poland :)

14. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    All the big boy games (Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Spain...).
    I am especially interested in Poland because I think they should have the hype Belgium gets. Uruguay because they can and will HURT somebody and will be hard to defeat. England, holy shit they are the U-17 and U-20 world champions...that means something right?

15. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    yea agree with you about poland!

16. Carlozik

Carlozik New Member

Poland
    Dec 2, 2017
    Hi guys,
    There's quite a hype here in Poland, especially after succesful Euro 2016 campaign lost only in penalties to Portugal...
    Since then we didn't really have many downs, we won our WC18 Qual. group quite easily (despite getting beaten by Denmark as high as 4-0, which was brutal but that was just that one match).
    Squad is competitive, but it's difficult to say whether it's better than in 2016. Lewandowski is better, or maybe just as good as he was back then. :) But some players of Euro 2016 are having hard times - Krychowiak doesn't play much in WBA and is apparently conflicted with the coach (back in 2016 he was a succesful Sevilla player awaiting his great transfer to PSG). Grosicki is not as good as he was back then anymore, struggling with injuries. Blaszczykowski also - getting too old, too slow, sadly. Milik is after several months of injury, and he will heal til WC but his form would probably be far from perfect.
    And so the rest remains probably the same (during Euro 2016 we had our wonderkid Kapustka, but now he's lost somewhere in Germany with no chances for WC2018) - we have some potential replacements, Kownacki from Sampdoria, Kedziora from Dinamo Kiev, Teodorczyk from Anderlecht, Frankowski from Jagiellonia etc. Who knows, maybe one of them will emerge.. ;)
    Anyways - hopes are high, but we also know that our group, (quite) easy as it seems (having avoided all the greatest) - it's still difficult and competitive one. But advancing to the 2nd Round is just a must.

themanlarry repped this.
  17. Yuri R

Yuri R New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Mar 15, 2018
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll focus more on games that I feel will be huge in determining who moves on to the knockout stage.

Uruguay vs Egypt - Massive first game for both as neither wants to go into their Russia matchup looking up the standings.

Denmark vs Peru - Peru has so much support and lofty expectations at home, will they deliver?

Colombia vs Senegal - Will it be Senegal that has what it takes to go the deepest out of the African teams this WC?