What ever happened to Rochester's stadium

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by houndguy, Jul 29, 2002.

1. houndguy

houndguy New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Well?

Where does it stand today?

2. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    The Polaticians are trying to keep it out. I am not sure but it is not being built. I really do feel bad for them, well almost, they have been trying to get this built for years.

Robert I didnt know you liked Hotspur. I hate them. I cant believe you like the them there HORRIBLE

3. Tick

Tick Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    There was a bit in the paper last weekend... apparently the governor said that they have $15M set aside in the budget for the stadium. And the Rhinos have $XXM privately put up. The thing that's holding everything up is at the city/county level. The governor basically said something like, "We're happy to spend that money if you guys would just tell us where... dumb yokels."

Okay, I added the dumb yokels bit, but the point is that our city and county are holding everything up. Stinks.

4. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with grammar like this you must be an arse fan for sure. :D

5. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    NO WAY, LIVERPOOL ALL THE WAY

" If it was up to me this whole town would be red"
    Unanomous Liverpool Supporter

6. houndguy

houndguy New Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    You don't support a team because it wins all the time. You support the team because of who it is or the way the play. Perhaps you have a soft spot for that team.

It's kinda like the Hounds - They Suck, True. But I support them none the less.

I expect them to raise the cup sometime before I die. (I hope - gulp)

7. Guelah Papyrus

Guelah Papyrus New Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Fairport, NY
    And they say my membership of the Green Party is a waste!!

How could anyone (OK, any soccer fan in the Western NY area) be happy with politics as it is? It's horrible.

Right now, the county executive is trying to get the loans on Frontier Field forgiven (as they were forgiven for Buffalo's baseball stadium). If that happens, and a pet project of his (criminal courts for youths) (yoots) is approved, and the state approves another $7-8 million for the downtown location (to make one of the state representatives happy), we might get a stadium.

Right now, I'm playing the lottery and will be happy to buy part of a soccer stadium if I hit.

'scuze me while I go hug some trees.