What ever happened to (former posters)?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by TX Bill, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correction - about 3/4 of soccer media on twitter. They don't get it and never will

2. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WC has such an unhealthy man crush on brahma...

Looks to me that brahma rejected WC's romantic advances, so WC has made it his mission to bully brahma online.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #303 Westside Cosmo, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    He's drunk so much orange Kool-Aid he's like the giant Kool-Aid guy except orange. I saw this and it reminded me to check his tweets today - about as funny as I can remember. Pretty sure the man card has been forfeited, although it's hard to tell most of the women from the men

4. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am still wondering why he wont release his tax...err I meant twitter handle.

Levy2k6 and Hydro repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @OlimpiaHouFanClub

Levy2k6 repped this.
  6. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I don't get on here much and don't go to the games, but how did I miss Kai Fruand passing away? I don't have social media, but clicked on El Battalion Twitter and saw it from 2015.

Any info without being a snarky dick nugget would be nice. Was a friend in the early years of the Dynamo.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a year worth of material out there on some former posters who have been "triggered". It's quite entertaining - mostly their ignorance

8. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wonder how long you'll be able to stay away from politics?

In any case, @ImaPuppy "zero tolerance" is not really zero tolerance so you shouldn't worry too much.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Anyone else notice the "whatever happened to...." thread is itself posted by a "former?"

Levy2k6 repped this.
  10. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team Sucking will do that to you. I have a feeling if we do good they will come back little by little.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some are so triggered they may miss the whole Dynamo season

12. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The winning is coming back. The FO is finally addressing their prior failings:

From an email today from the Dynamo labeled "Member News:"

Emphasis mine

You see -- I will finally be able to buy pre-game burritos. We all remember how successful the Dynamo were before when I could buy pre-game burritos at the home games.

Happy winning days are here again!!! Count on it.

ChrizG13 repped this.
  13. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's have a burrito Don! My treat!

DonJuego repped this.
  14. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I can't help but to respect Geoff Cameron for his candor.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He offers a very thoughtful and valid point/argument and I am sure he will be vilified for it by much of the "former poster" crowd.

Heft repped this.
  16. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    I respect it too, but he comes off as angry. No way to interact with fans.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No more angry than all the other pro athletes who protest things for no reason. But they get applauded

18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    They may get applauded by some, but not most. Take the Kapernick situation. Most people know he is an idiot, and do not applaud him. The NFL is playing a financially dangerous game by inserting themselves into political arguments.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will agree with you on the NFL - with Lady Gaga and the cast of Hamilton performing at the Super Bowl someone made a good point that the NFL was trolling their own audience which is a dangerous thing.

20. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    There's is a difference tho between calmly, stating your beliefs and losing the argument right off the bat with name calling and tough guy sht.

Does it put Geoff Cameron's "Dynamo = Chivas USA" comment in a different light? I agree if he's comparing the two in concern to cheapness and being mismanaged. I disagree if he's uncomfortable being in a locker room with dudes from all over the place/mostly Spanish speakers. This is sawker and a polyglot locker room had been the norm since the 1990s.

El Naranja repped this.
  21. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the same vibe from him now as well.
    Me also thinks part of it is that he doesn't want to come back to Houston when he finally comes back to MLS ,so by talking crap Dynamo won't try to take him etc.

22. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Same vibe. My thinking is he might be done in the Premeirship in a year or two and he won't go to the Championship or the Dynamo. Will hold out for Boston Revolution. It's a shame because Houston showed him a lot of love. Shows you the difference between Geoff and Rico Clark/Brian Ching types.

23. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Technically speaking didn't we sell him with time remaining on the contract? I'd think that would resolve the rights issue. Open season.

But if there's any doubt, yeah, for at least the first tweet, explicitly about us, he's engaged in bridge-arson behind him. Second one, that just sounds political, and it would be received overall as a mixed bag, right might approve, left wouldn't, not sure that makes you unhireable here. But I think the first one did enough where without serious repair work, apologies, which he might be disinterested in, that's over. But you might have said that based on how it wound up anyway, holding out for more transfer fee, etc.

I think his combination of scattershot playing time and performance and injury puts his 2018 status in at least some question, and he's 31 and this might be his last shot. I expect him back in the next 2 windows (including this one) to position himself to get predictable playing time in MLS and pursue more of a "lock" status for 2018.

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we sold him we don't have his rights in MLS anymore

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Worth pointing out, he is working in a foreign country now and only got his English work permit on appeal......granted, that's a pure numbers racket on the first round, but it's a tad mindless.

Article I read said Kinnear went to bat for him for the work permit. I get Kinnear's gone, and that may be where this is coming from, but it's not like we didn't help.

The very fact he seems interested in MLS and domestic current events might say something.